d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > `please Insert Expansion Disc` Problem! Help! > Serial And Everything Legit
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40,132.50
Nov 25 2013 10:40pm
Hello all,

So I heard about the reset yesterday, and before I go out and buy a Battle Chest pack from Amazon and have it shipped out to Japan,
I wanted to ask if anyone here may have some insight on fixing this problem because I for sure remember playing D2 on my computer at some time while
being here.

So I have my serial # information from home (I got it from my brother that is still there), yet I don't have the physical copies of my CDs. I figured whatever, I will use
backup copies of the CDs themselves (burned images) and just use all of my information and serials while installing.

So the game is all installed, and LOD upgrade on top of that. I used my serials and it all seems to have worked fine. The problem is, when I try to open the actual game
itself, it continually tells me to `make sure my Expansion CD is inserted.` It obviously clearly is because I just installed the game fine with it. I even tried moving the music files
and what not to try and get it to not even need to boot from a CD, but I think the image CD's I am using are an earlier version than in 1.12whatever (would this cause a problem?) when they made that change.

If anyone could get this to work for me, I have no problem throwing you some fg as thanks.

Just want to be able to play for reset!

I appreciate it!
Gold: 109.00
Nov 25 2013 10:45pm
Make a battle.net account and register your cdkey there, then download diablo 2 from the battle.net store (obviously in your account that you have registered) and the cdkey you will be prompted to enter is the 26 digit key in your bnet account.
Gold: 87.30
Nov 25 2013 10:48pm
Yep pretty much what he said.

Reason you can't make backup copys of cd is because they are bound to the cd keys whole reason for having cd keys I guess.

I'm not sure if you are required to be from the US to digital dl d2 but I would doubt its set up that way.
Gold: 1,157.00
Nov 25 2013 10:50pm
cd key change :) convert 16x to 26x :D

Best regard
Nov 25 2013 10:51pm
Quote (dsphantom @ Nov 26 2013 01:45pm)
Make a battle.net account and register your cdkey there, then download diablo 2 from the battle.net store (obviously in your account that you have registered) and the cdkey you will be prompted to enter is the 26 digit key in your bnet account.

I heard that D2 bnet accounts operate separately from the ones you make on the battle.net site. Am I understanding that wrong?
Gold: 20,339.50
Nov 25 2013 11:55pm
Step 1: Download current patch and install it.
Step 2: Insert your LOD CD
Step 3: OPEN your CD files, don't start game.
Step 4: Find two files that say video.mpq and Music.mpq (not exact file names but pretty close. You will know when you see it.)
Step 5: Copy two files over to your diablo II folder in the program folder in your C: drive, or where ever it is installed.
Step 6: Take out CD
Step 7: Click your LOD icon
Step 8: PROFIT

This way you should be able to play diablo2 (yes including BNET) without a cd.

If this does not work out your burned images of D2 are somehow broke and my advice would be to download full version of the game form the torrents.
(with original CD keys BNET will work ofc)

hope it helps and you'll be able to go for the reset rush :)

This post was edited by Pankracy on Nov 25 2013 11:58pm
Gold: 1.49
Nov 25 2013 11:56pm
Post this in the general help forums
Nov 26 2013 12:34am
Quote (Pankracy @ Nov 26 2013 02:55pm)
Step 1: Download current patch and install it.
Step 2: Insert your LOD CD
Step 3: OPEN your CD files, don't start game.
Step 4: Find two files that say video.mpq and Music.mpq (not exact file names but pretty close. You will know when you see it.)
Step 5: Copy two files over to your diablo II folder in the program folder in your C: drive, or where ever it is installed.
Step 6: Take out CD
Step 7: Click your LOD icon
Step 8: PROFIT

This way you should be able to play diablo2 (yes including BNET) without a cd.

If this does not work out your burned images of D2 are somehow broke and my advice would be to download full version of the game form the torrents.
(with original CD keys BNET will work ofc)

hope it helps and you'll be able to go for the reset rush :)

Thanks a lot bud, this is somewhat similar to what I thought I was doing, but I didn't update any particular patch which I will try to do this time. I think that might have been a big problem as far as being able to run without a CD as is.

In any evetnt, I will be giving this a shot when I get home, and like I said, if this does wind up working, expect some FG to hit your profile right after. :)

Thanks!
Gold: 33.90
Nov 26 2013 01:40am
You need to mount the files. Or enter them on battle.net and download them legitly.
Banned
Gold: 10,782.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 26 2013 01:41am
go download from b.net
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll