d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Eve Online > Thinking About Starting > A Few Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 88.50
Nov 20 2013 12:29pm
so there is like a free 15 day trial and such can u make enough in game to pay for the monthly subscription in this time?

and how much is the monthly subscription in game currency
Gold: 5.00
Nov 20 2013 12:40pm
its about 600million isk atm for a plex(30 day time card)

there are 21 day trials pilots can give out and if you subscribe(pay real money) during it, they get a plex
most people split the isk evenly or give a lil bit more than half to the subscriber so both benefit

its not really feasible to make enough isk to pay for your first month after subscription for complete noobies unless they are getting a lot of support
especially since there is a steep learning curve for new players and some get discouraged pretty easily.

feel free to hit me up if u interested

This post was edited by soullogik on Nov 20 2013 12:42pm
Gold: 21.00
Nov 21 2013 05:52am
Hoy

I'm thinking about taking the current steam offer and try to start playing...

Are there many people arround in Eve who actually help newbies getting into the game? Since i got no contacts who play the game, i would be dependend on clans/corps/whatever that help and mentor beginners just for beeing generous. (Or for recruiting?)
I guess it will be more or less impossible to get something running just on your own.

Is the community beginner-friendly, or are newbies left alone and shot at most of the time?
Gold: 5.00
Nov 21 2013 11:10am
Quote (Charrec @ Nov 21 2013 07:52am)
Hoy

Are there many people arround in Eve who actually help newbies getting into the game? Since i got no contacts who play the game, i would be dependend on clans/corps/whatever that help and mentor beginners just for beeing generous. (Or for recruiting?)
I guess it will be more or less impossible to get something running just on your own.

Is the community beginner-friendly, or are newbies left alone and shot at most of the time?

idk bout goin thru steam

the beginner corp has a decent # of people in it usually
not to mention you automatically get put in the rookie chat channel for a month or somethin that has dedicated helpers
and of course the tutorial/tutorial missions helps quite a bit

or you can ask some of the regulars in this subforum
we all know how steep the cliff is and how good the game is after you conquer it
Gold: 3.00
Nov 21 2013 05:58pm
Quote (Charrec @ Nov 21 2013 06:52am)
Hoy

I remember when I played there is a corp that legit gives you like 2-5 million to start out with just in case you end up sticking with the game and becoming a valuable asset
Gold: 270.50
Nov 21 2013 11:00pm
You can join Eve-University corp after you get all of your tutorial missions complete. They'll hook you up with skill books and classes to get you going in eve....not sure what all of their requirements are though.
If you don't want to do that, hit me up with a PM and I'll give you a few mil to get started.
Gold: 450.00
Nov 23 2013 11:57am
Go Back To Eve Online Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll