d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 >
Poll > Guild Wars 2 Pvp > Let's Discuss It
Prev1234527Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 212.00
Nov 21 2013 08:08am
Quote (Noobtard @ Nov 21 2013 06:06am)
Thats why i put it into quotes " "gvg"

Gw1 had the most balanced pvp system imo :X But i have hope i feel that in the next few months gw2 will continue to get better.

There were only two things wrong with GW1 pvp

(A) The game seriously favored light character types
In the end, it was all about: Ele/Mesmer/Necro/Monk and Ritualists in PvE
Medium/Heavy character were not important at all to have around

This is mainly because the spamming of debilitation effects was too potent in GW1
And the light characters were the ones capable of mass spamming (at long range mind you, no need for melee connection)
Things like Blind/Empathy/Weakness/Movement Slow/Daze Daze Daze Daze

(B) Monks were a bit too important, healing was too powerful
A good Monk makes or breaks your team such to the point that it didn't even matter if the other players were semi-professional gamers

Team (1) could be playing with a gold trophy winning crew but have a lower grade monk and be going up against ->
Team (2) who have a 2nd rate crew but a gold trophy winning monk

Team (2) will win
Which is imbalanced in my opinion
The healer was too important in GW1

and this:

Quote (Kurow @ Nov 20 2013 06:00pm)
Guild Wars 2 is more balanced game

Yes I agree

GW1 was an older more furnished engine
But GW2 *could* land a good balance if they listen to the feedback and make the correct changes

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Nov 21 2013 08:09am
Gold: 150.00
Nov 21 2013 12:24pm
Gw1 was more about player skill instead of outnumbering the opposing team. Unless split, then your team needed to counter split. In gw2 you bunker till you have the numbers to overtake instead of true player skill... Also gw2 has no pvp.

This post was edited by Overdoses on Nov 21 2013 12:24pm
Gold: 34.08
Nov 21 2013 05:17pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Nov 21 2013 02:08pm)
There were only two things wrong with GW1 pvp

(A) The game seriously favored light character types
In the end, it was all about: Ele/Mesmer/Necro/Monk and Ritualists in PvE
Medium/Heavy character were not important at all to have around

This is mainly because the spamming of debilitation effects was too potent in GW1
And the light characters were the ones capable of mass spamming (at long range mind you, no need for melee connection)
Things like Blind/Empathy/Weakness/Movement Slow/Daze Daze Daze Daze

(B) Monks were a bit too important, healing was too powerful
A good Monk makes or breaks your team such to the point that it didn't even matter if the other players were semi-professional gamers

Team (1) could be playing with a gold trophy winning crew but have a lower grade monk and be going up against ->
Team (2) who have a 2nd rate crew but a gold trophy winning monk

Team (2) will win
Which is imbalanced in my opinion
The healer was too important in GW1

and this:

Yes I agree

GW1 was an older more furnished engine
But GW2 *could* land a good balance if they listen to the feedback and make the correct changes

[B][COLOR=hotpink]So I picked out these three things.
The red: This is a PvP topic, lets not discuss your bread and butter (PvE) in here.
Melee was probably more important than most eles/some Rits, that's generally why they are the last class put in to a team.

The blue: Not true at all. Second rate crew is never going to get melee off the monk, Second rate warriors would never know what to do when the monk is taking pressure.

The orange: And who are they listening to, because that topic you posted a long while back about your "Suggestions to PvP" were shocking.
If they would listen to the GW veterans then yes, MAYBE.

Lastly, GW2 has no PvP
Nov 21 2013 07:24pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Nov 21 2013 06:17pm)
[B][COLOR=hotpink]So I picked out these three things that I don't understand
The red: This is a PvP topic, I must not have played GW1, otherwise I would understand what the OP meant by (Ritualists were important in PvE) ~ derp fuckin derp SoS
But I'm still a moron because the OP was clearly speaking of PvP when he brought up Ele/Mesmer/Necro/Monk
Again, if I knew GW1 at all ~ this would have been obvious to me

Melee was clearly not as important as most eles (which is why the term nuking existed)
Especially not as important as Ele Earth builds which used: Ebon Hawk (weakness) ~ Stoning (Knockdown) ~ (Obsidian Flame which is unblockable, undefendable damage)
This build was far more potent than any warrior knockidown build (which is all a warrior was good for) because this chain recharged in 15 seconds or less (with runes) and dealt twice the spike damage as any warrior chain
Not to mention that it was all ranged and did not need to run across a field to make a melee connection
If I had played GW1 at all, I would understand that the mention of Ritualists was not about PvP, it was about PvE
SoS was the most important PvE skill, if I argue this at all, I should be ignored because I clearly did not play GW1 at all

The blue: Is actually true
I only initially argued because I clearly never actually played Guild Vs. Guild
My opinions are ignorant and I clearly do not understand that the blue is in fact true and everyone that ever seriously played GW1 PvP, knew that monks were the top prioritized MVPs
For all of the reasons that TSBoyer mentioned

The orange: And who are they listening to?
Hopfully not people like me
If they listened to me, they would stop trying and just turn the game off completely
Thank god for the players that actually give constructive feedback
I mean really, I sure as hell don't have it in me

Lastly, I'm a butt

OUT!

These are very good observations
ty for posting
Gold: 34.08
Nov 22 2013 01:33am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Nov 22 2013 01:24am)
These are very good observations
ty for posting

Wow. Nobody said the monks weren't important. I said just because you got a monk that won gold, doesn't mean he's taking six scrub pugs and beating a team, let's say... WM without their monk.
Edit my quotes as much as you like. It's blatantly obvious you never stepped out of Fort Aspenwood, Jade Quarry or the Alliance Battles.

As for Earth Ele, other than RA and TA, and for a short while when it got a buff in like 2011... It was hardly used. Maybe a little in HA, not so much in GvG
Reason? A good Mesmer will shut down an Earth Ele.

Anyway I give up even talking PvP with you, you blatantly have no clue what you're talking about.

Idk, maybe somebody will disagree with me. Other than you.
Gold: 16.93
Nov 22 2013 08:19am
Rofl earth ele, here you are pissing off monks who use 3/4 skills or faster, good monks aren't as "predictable" and you think an earth ele with long casting time and obvious skill chains would be able to do anything?
I have to agree with Johnny on this one. I loved earth eles in RA, could shut them down while eating and watching youtube and I'm not even that experienced in gw1 pvp.
Nov 22 2013 11:05am
Quote (Demonsangel @ Nov 22 2013 09:19am)
TODAY'S WORD IS EARTH ELEMENTALIST

Quote (AirJohnny @ Nov 22 2013 02:33am)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Gold: Locked
Nov 22 2013 11:12am
Quote (AirJohnny @ Nov 22 2013 12:33am)
Wow. Nobody said the monks weren't important. I said just because you got a monk that won gold, doesn't mean he's taking six scrub pugs and beating a team, let's say... WM without their monk.
Edit my quotes as much as you like. It's blatantly obvious you never stepped out of Fort Aspenwood, Jade Quarry or the Alliance Battles.

As for Earth Ele, other than RA and TA, and for a short while when it got a buff in like 2011... It was hardly used. Maybe a little in HA, not so much in GvG
Reason? A good Mesmer will shut down an Earth Ele.

Anyway I give up even talking PvP with you, you blatantly have no clue what you're talking about.

Idk, maybe somebody will disagree with me. Other than you.

Weren't water Eles used in GvG? MoI and all that?

But yeah, claiming that the heavier classes weren't important in PvP is fucking retarded. Warriors were kind of a big deal. Kind of a really big deal.
Nov 22 2013 11:16am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Nov 22 2013 12:12pm)
Weren't water Eles used in GvG?  MoI and all that?

But yeah, claiming that the heavier classes weren't important in PvP is fucking retarded.  Warriors were kind of a big deal.  Kind of a really big deal.

Please explain with actual pvp terms and the names of skills
I'd love to hear this

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Nov 22 2013 11:17am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 22 2013 12:41pm
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev1234527Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll