d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Classic Pvp Es-blizzard Sorceress Guide
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,736.00
Nov 5 2013 06:42am
This is kind of mainstream build, but once in a while new people still keep coming to classic pvp scene, as well as ES blizz sorc is quite underrated, so with this guide I might even change your opinion. Some europe tvt people already aware of what ES blizz is capable of, but still you can rarely see an ES blizzer.

Why ES on blizzard sorc?

Simply because its the best defensive skill sorceress can afford, literally grants a second life to the sorceress, hence ES sorceress roughly can tank twice more than a non-ES sorceress. It also grants you ability to escape, since reduced damage isn't always enough stun you.

Though ES is nice, it also has a negative side, because you have to invest skill-points into telekinesis for it to be effective, thus you lose points which you could have put into the damage.

With +4 all skills and maxed blizzard and all synergies you have 3.1-3.3k blizzard damage and 1.5k ice blast damage (which is important skill for pvp as well, and in some match ups can deal up to 50% or even more damage to enemy). With ES (same char-level) you will only have 2.4-2.5k blizzard damage and still the same 1.5k ice blast damage + enhanced durability from ES. So, in fact, losing some damage but gaining another life is a worthy exchange!

What we want to achieve

Minimal level 94
2.5k blizz damage
60% ES
60% block
60% fhr
63% fcr
1000 life//1000+ mana
high resistances

Stats

All stats are with bonuses form items included

Strength - 45 (to wear magefist)
Dexterity - 51 (for shard)
Vitality, Energy both can heavily vary depending on gear, what you need is too look at life/mana directly, optimal would be 1000 life and 1000+ mana.

Skilling

At level 94 you must have:

Max Ice Bolt
Max Ice Blast
Max Blizzard
Max Cold Mastery
Max Telekinesis
1 Warmth
1 Teleport
1 Glacial spike

Gear

[*]Since skilling ES takes too much skill-points you will be using precast staff: +2 sorc, +3 ES, nice bonus chilling/shiver armor and a tarnhelm

[*]Weapon - Spectral shard

[*]Helm - 10fhr, 30+ life, 5+ energy, dual resist

[*]Amulet - as much as possible stats - str/dex/energy/life/mana, prismatic | alternatively you could search for 10 fc amu so you can switch to 5 blizzard staff later but that isn't always the best choice

[*]Armor - 17+fhr, 40+ life, 30+ mana, dual resist

[*]Shield - 10+fhr, 30/20, 10+ mana, prismatic | nice bonuses: stack, strength, replenish life

[*]Gloves - magefist

[*]Rings - 2x SoJ | alternative 2x 10fc rings with mass life/mana/energy and resistances if you are going to use staff

[*]Belt - 17+fhr, 10+ strength, 45+ life, 10+ mana, single/dual resist

[*]Boots - 30frw, fhr, dual resists (preferably 30+), 30+ mana, dexterity

All these items are just a rough sketch of what you should look for, but there references are mentioned above at "What we want to achieve" section

Here's the specific gear I am using on my ES blizz

In the end your sorcress should look a little like this

Dueling strategies

Always keep in mind that you can run for a brief moment after you've shot blizzard and there is a delay on teleport skill

Amazons

Bowazon
Difficulty: Easy
Strategy: Because bowazon nearly always have low resists and their damage is quite low vs your tanking ability you can just stomp them with iceblasts and parallel blizzing. If its hard for you then you can be more defensive and teleporting around shooting blizzards at the approximate amazon location, use walls/corners to lose following guided arrows.

FC-zon
Difficulty: Easy-Very Hard
Strategy: This is immature I know, but I will still write about this one. Everything depends on your skill here, without bo ,though, you are pretty chanceless, but when you are boed and if you are fast enough to jump the zon, casting blizz and stunning her with blasts, you can beat her, they often have quite low resists and your stomping will make them flee~

Necromancer

Bone necromancer
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Strategy: This will always be easy, unless you meet a really skilled one, which can give you some hard time. Meanwhile an unskilled nec even with an overstacked cold resistance is still easy to beat. This is pretty similar to what I wrote about defensive dueling vs amazon. Tele around, try shooting namelock-blizzards/close to target and dodge spirits. Teleport few screens away if you feel that too many spirits are on the tail.

Barbarian

Ww barb
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Strategy: The only pain here is high resistance and high life. But still can be easy as long as you don't make mistake and keep ranging while doing some accurate shots. Corner blizz-namelocking is quite nice, since it will take a while for barb to reach you, so you will be able to react. Once you are very skilled or your enemy is unskilled you even can do a close range fight with a lot of blizzards and walking/teleporting 1-2 screens around barb predicting where he might run or whirl.

Paladin

Hammerdin
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Strategy: In this duel you use frost nova to break desync.Most effective is blizzard namelocking, so even when paladin is charging he can get hit by it. Close range blizzing + ice blasting to the direction paladin approaching you from is another way to damage a din.

Sorceress

Fireball
Difficulty: Hard
Strategy: Fireball is faster than any of your skills and deals more damage so theres almost no chance you could outtank an ES fber or well stacked non-ES FB. This like any other svs requires fast locking skills, predicting, avoiding. Simplest way is just teleporting around trying to avoid fireballs and shooting blizzards hoping that Fber will tele into them. Another way is teleporting into your blizzards and walking in your spell, so once Fber jumps you he will get damaged, and if not skilled player, probably wont be even able to damage you since you run around. A harder way is being offensive too - shooting iceblasts in front of yourself, chasing + locking with blizz/ib, meanwhile trying dodge spells and locks. The best way though is combing all of the above strategies according on the situation.

Cold sorc: Blizzard or orber
Difficulty: Medium
Strategy: I have around 160 cr on my sorc, which is based on d2c rules, and thats more than enough to fight cold chars. For hell you should get around 210 (or just use thaws, if you are d2c ruleset based char). Vs orbs best way is combing all the dueling styles I mentioned against Fb, since orb is more tanky than you, has a wider range you won't be able just mindlessly stomp him. Dueling another blizz sorceress best is to detect which dueling style is he using and then think of what can you do to counter him, before he does it first :-)

If needed, later can add some dueling videos.

Gold: 1,665.00
Nov 5 2013 07:42am
Hmm is shield rly needed on such a sorc?

i think in norm duels u can use staff vs all.

whats about managloves/Frosties and +1 fc/mana ring / fc mana amu?
are mages rly needed?
Gold: 4,736.00
Nov 5 2013 07:49am
Quote (KaterMikesch @ Nov 5 2013 11:42pm)
Hmm is shield rly needed on such a sorc?

i think in norm duels u can use staff vs all.

whats about managloves/Frosties  and +1 fc/mana ring / fc mana amu?
are mages rly needed?

Not a must, but its a main equipment as I wrote. Shield gives block (what you need vs barbs, charging chars), fhr and a lot more mana + resists than staff. Also staff only grants you +3 blizzard (u lose +2 since no sojs).

This sorc is not for tvt its for dueling in general as you can see if you read guide..

Frosts need 60 str and you always can get more stat amu without fc, you also lose damage and mana regeneration.
Gold: 41.65
Nov 5 2013 07:58am
Cool guide :hail: i'd like to see some videos vs chars u wrote up.
Special vs fc-zon and fireball.
Gold: 1,665.00
Nov 5 2013 07:58am
ke thx
Gold: 0.00
Nov 5 2013 08:52am
Neat build, might try it out
Gold: 0.00
Nov 5 2013 09:04am
very nice, cg work
Gold: 9,960.00
Nov 5 2013 10:16am
Very nice guide thanks.
Gold: 5,472.88
Nov 5 2013 03:11pm
Gold: 10.00
Nov 7 2013 03:50pm
but when you are boed and if you are fast enough to jump the zon, casting blizz and stunning her with blasts, you can beat her, they often have quite low resists and your stomping will make them flee~

nah not really
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll