d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > How To Fix A Weird Hook
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Aug 9 2013 02:47pm
So I couldn't hit my irons to save my life (literally I was shanking all of them), but I could hit my woods/driver well, and I took a lesson to fix my irons.

The lesson worked tremendously, I worked a lot on twisting my wrists and my hips to close the club head and my irons hit very well now.

Problem is, I have now accidentally brought that lesson to my driver swing. All of my driver shots off the tee literally go 50-100 yards on a fierce hook right into the ground. I am trying different grips, swing paths, opening up the club head, everything, and I am having no luck. I have no idea how I have changed my driver swing. Is there something blatant that would be causing this?
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Aug 9 2013 04:43pm
So I messed around a lot with the grip today and found that I hit way better when I started my grip much more twisted to the left, and played the ball a lot farther up in my stance (it stayed right at the inside of my left foot, but I just sat much farther back-I guess I was putting more weight forward on my left foot). My problem though was that I was slicing the ball pretty bad sometimes, and when I would try and make a slight adjustment in the grip or close the head just a tad more, it completely flopped back to the hook into the ground.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2013 06:01pm
Quote (BigMacDawg @ Aug 10 2013 12:43am)
So I messed around a lot with the grip today and found that I hit way better when I started my grip much more twisted to the left, and played the ball a lot farther up in my stance (it stayed right at the inside of my left foot, but I just sat much farther back-I guess I was putting more weight forward on my left foot).  My problem though was that I was slicing the ball pretty bad sometimes, and when I would try and make a slight adjustment in the grip or close the head just a tad more, it completely flopped back to the hook into the ground.

Twisting ur right hand over and weakening the left hand down (if ur a righty obv) is a good idea, if you try to just release ur hands with the two different grips you can feel the difference on how you can release the club. Tho, with a driver you should not really be laying that much on ur left leg in inpact, but more on the right feeling that ur always supposed to launch the ball up in the air, compared to the irons where u want the loft to do the job. Try working with ur right hand a bit more twisted and see how it goes.
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll