d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Skypro Or Swingtip > Need Advice And Reviews
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,891.00
Jul 23 2013 10:59pm
Has anyone ever heard or used these two products?
I am looking at getting one for my dad for his birthday.
He loves to get set up on the machine at the local golf shop and get analyzed. I figured this could do it while he plays and is at the range etc.

SkyPro ~$170
http://www.amazon.com/Skycaddie-SkyPro-SkyCaddie-Swing-Analyzer/dp/B00BLYCV38/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1374641590&sr=1-1&keywords=skypro

SwingTip ~$130
http://www.amazon.com/SwingTIP-Wireless-Golf-Swing-Analyzer/dp/B009GDKXZ4/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1374641802&sr=1-2&keywords=skypro

Skypro app has some cool features like club face angle calibration using the gyro on your smart phone to make sure its accurate. Then you swing and it can say things like you are coming back 75 degrees on your back swing. Then you select a degree goal and start swinging. It will label each swing with the degree and good or bad etc.

Swingtip seemed to have way more reviews but a lot of the data looks just like it is charts and stuff. I didnt see a tool calibration system like skypro so placement of the product is by eye ball i guess? Could affect accuracy from what I read.

Anyone have some insight here?
Gold: 155.00
Jul 24 2013 06:46am
I have no experience with either.

Bit I wonder why swingtip is so much cheaper? It has that cool feature of transmitting to iPhone etc which I feel is a huge plus because I think it helps a lot to view your swing from the outside.
Gold: 0.27
Jul 25 2013 08:17pm
Skypro is shit. Sky Caddie products in general are shit. Their units tend to malfunction quite often, their customer service is horrendous and they charge you a fucking annual fee to use their GPS systems (only company that does that).

The Swing Tip is the better of the two here. It's more accurate and easier to use.

Also look into the 3BAYS technology. It's another swing analyzer like you have here but it goes into the butt of the grip instead of around the shaft. This one is the most accurate of the 3.

And in case you didn't know, I sell all 3 of these at work (GolfSmith) so I do have experience with them all lol.

If you go with a 3BAYS, be sure you get the right one. There's one for just putting and then one for everything else on Android and one for Apple.

EDIT: And if you want to go above and beyond, go with the OptiShot Infrared Golf Simulator. It's 400 bucks though but it's the coolest system out there. Hooks up to your TV and does everything the swing analyzers do along with allows you to play entire rounds of golf in your living room.

This post was edited by Randolph on Jul 25 2013 08:19pm
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll