d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Golf Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.87
Jul 22 2013 11:58am
so i started to play probably 3months ago and i love golf, but i have a few questions/concerns/problems.
bought a completely new set of clubs that what i used for the first two months of playing.
same brand of irons just the head is a little bit heavier.
went to the range the first day of having them and i was hitting the ball really well, getting them straight and under the ball like youre suppose to.
now the past 2weeks or so im swinging and missing or topping the ball more than im even getting contact, had probably 5/70 balls that were good.
im kind of feeling that im lifting my left shoulder up during my swing. my buddy watched me swing and couldnt really find anything different about my swing.
dont really have to much of an issue with my driver/woods as putting them on a tee i get good shots.
still havent figured out my hybrids yet but im not concerned to much about them/driving as you usually only get 1-2 shots per hole.
my putting game is actually really good imo.
i also noticed that my club grips really arent sticky after the first driving range session. was wondering what i could do to make them sticky?
Gold: 155.00
Jul 22 2013 12:17pm
Grips-just use a damp towel and wipe the grips. You can do it literally right before you hit and it'll be sticky (just don't over soak the towel)

And as far as hitting try gettin closer to the ball and really stay down on it, picking your head up too quickly will cause you to top the ball. Stay down and take a smooth fluid swing at the ball.
Jul 22 2013 01:26pm
Quote (iRTB @ Jul 22 2013 01:17pm)
Grips-just use a damp towel and wipe the grips. You can do it literally right before you hit and it'll be sticky (just don't over soak the towel)

And as far as hitting try gettin closer to the ball and really stay down on it, picking your head up too quickly will cause you to top the ball. Stay down and take a smooth fluid swing at the ball.

ive heard using some cleansing towels as well would work nice for making the grips stickier.
and yeah ive noticed that as well that ive been looking for the ball before i hit it.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 24 2013 01:33am
Quote (Layso @ Jul 23 2013 04:26am)
ive heard using some cleansing towels as well would work nice for making the grips stickier.
and yeah ive noticed that as well that ive been looking for the ball before i hit it.

yeah that could work.

just make sure its not too damp

As for your lifting up, just stay focused and make put a golf club cover under your arm pit and its a key to pin it down. Without dropping it hit the ball. Works for both sides of arms to prevent "lifting"
Jul 24 2013 06:28am
Quote (ainokea @ Jul 24 2013 02:33am)
yeah that could work.

just make sure its not too damp

As for your lifting up, just stay focused and make put a golf club cover under your arm pit and its a key to pin it down. Without dropping it hit the ball. Works for both sides of arms to prevent "lifting"

i dont think putting a sock in the armpit would work though, cuz on backswing the armpit is wide open pretty much lol.
sad part is im not able to go out to the range or anything until maybe next weekend, gotta move into my house and clean appartment etcetc.
anybody else got sum ideas?
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2013 08:56pm
Quote (Layso @ Jul 24 2013 09:28pm)
i dont think putting a sock in the armpit would work though, cuz on backswing the armpit is wide open pretty much lol.
sad part is im not able to go out to the range or anything until maybe next weekend, gotta move into my house and clean appartment etcetc.
anybody else got sum ideas?

If your armpit is wide open, you've got some flailing arms going around lol. Its suppose to be close enough that the sock pretty much is stable under your armpits.

But you could just try do some half swings and focus on hitting it key on straight then increase power from there. You can even just setup a net in the park or something and hit a few like that? i dont know lol
Jul 27 2013 06:14pm
Quote (ainokea @ Jul 26 2013 09:56pm)
If your armpit is wide open, you've got some flailing arms going around lol. Its suppose to be close enough that the sock pretty much is stable under your armpits.

But you could just try do some half swings and focus on hitting it key on straight then increase power from there. You can even just setup a net in the park or something and hit a few like that? i dont know lol

not sure lol.
might not be able to get out until like aug 10th either so.
im just going to try and focus on starring at the ball and not move my shoulders.
anybody else have sum suggestions i could try?
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll