d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Welterweight's Official Weight Cutting And Mma > My Service For Anyone That's Determined!
12315Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 28,425.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2013 07:44pm
Welterweight's Official Weight Cutting And Mixed Martial Arts Training Page

Table of Contents:
I. Introduction
II. My experience/history
III. Forwarding to college…introduction to MMA
IV. My introduction to Mixed Martial Arts
V. Forwarding
VI. My service to you

I. Introduction:
First off, I will introduce myself, my name is Elias but you can call me Welterweight for obvious reasons. This thread if formulated to benefit those who:
A. Wish to improve in their mixed martial arts conditioning
B. Get a great work out and tone up their body
C. Drop weight FAST!
What I offer is a true testimony that can be backed up by photos, if applicable/available and my free services of:
1. In-Depth Work out routine
2. Diet routine
3. Mixed Martial Arts implementation to work outs
Before I continue, I want to advise anyone with any heart or health problems or any doubts to PLEASE consult a physician before attempting this new routine. It is a very strenuous adaptation to a physical workout schedule
My goal is to help determined and motivated individuals to achieve their weight goals, enhance their self-discipline, and have fun in the sports of mixed martial arts.

II. My experience/history:
I started off as an overweight 14 year old in high school; weighed 180 lbs at 5’7.5” tall. I had no strength, endurance, or anything. This testimony is to inspire others and offer encouragement to those who are dedicated to their fitness goals. I said one day to myself “why don’t I join the wrestling team?”, I then did and ended up expecting a lot more than what I thought. Some days I didn’t even want to go to practice, however after over a week of a severe flu, I was able to make weight in the 171 lb division as a freshman. Overtime, I thought I can’t stay with this physique, it’s not what I expect from myself. It’s as you, the reader, might imagine it with me picking up a dumbbell and started curling, which is exactly what I did. Since October 15th, 2003 I would regularly start going to the weight room 5 days a week and getting used to weight training during my off times, after lunch, and free periods. To give a good figure, start of freshman year, I could not bench 135 lbs. End of freshman year, I was able to 1-rep-max of 205 lbs weighing 175 lbs which was a huge breakthrough! Now, I will fast forward; ending sophomore year (age 16, bench max 300 lbs@190lbs), ending junior year (age 17, bench max 405 lbs@198 lbs), ending senior year (age 18, bench max 460 lbs@212 lbs) . The point of this is to tell you of my starting background was focused and immersed in brute strength and nothing else.

III. Forwarding to college…introduction to MMA:
After a few months of motivational thoughts, I decided to put myself through a rigorous cardio cycle of 10 miles jogging every day at the university track and high endurance weight training. My example was, a long distance run followed by “4 sets of 12+ reps endurance sets” based on my Chest/Tris/Bis/Legs/Back/Shoulders on each designated day. After a while, making the cut to 185 lbs in 45 days or so, from 220 lbs I was completely changed. I was dabbling a bit with NO-Xplode, Axis-HT and other BSN labs crap (all legitimate supplements sold at your local GNC or vitamin shop) and later found myself at 5’11” 184 lbs bench pressing 505 lbs for two reps and 535 lbs for a one-rep-max. After a straight cut back down from 201lbs I was still able to bench press nearly three times my body weight.

IV. My introduction to Mixed Martial Arts:
I always loved Mixed Martial arts when I started watching it in 2006. I thought it was all strength and brawling and slugging! Oh my God I was wrong! With my high strength index, I remember sparring with some MMA rookie who personally knew and trained in Greco-Roman wrestling with Matt Hughes, the former UFC Welterweight champion and he was a bit older than me at this point. I was 19 and he was 21 and weight about the same as me at that time around 190 lbs. This guy worked me and broke me down. I was extremely frustrated and shamed as to why I was beaten so badly, taken down to the ground, taking hits to the face, my ego was broken and felt an extreme need to a change and an improvement.
The next day, I removed my facebook page saying “Be back at 170 lbs” and that is exactly what I did. I committed to keeping a high, long distance run, and eventually dropped my weight lifting and focused more on cardio, swimming, plyometrics and LOTS of heavy bag work, sparring and the speed bag focusing on coordination. As I trailed off before doing this extreme cardio route I was able to maintain a 450 lb bench @ 170 lbs at 5’11”. That was my last attempt at a high bench press, and decided to never look back after that. Mixed Martial Arts was my new focus. That summer in June, 2008, I dropped to 170 lbs and later joined a local Krav Maga fighting gym as I promised myself after the weight drop. After drills and sparring with off duty policemen who were over 6’5” and 260 lbs+, I realized how valuable my quickness was and how much I was learning! The heavy bag, the correct forms of kicking, punching, combos, knees, elbows and even some grappling! This was amazing. I kept this up for about 3 years total. I went to practice and also stayed extremely focused at the gym while at university. Of course during this time, my weight would fluctuate as well; up to 190 lbs and back to 170 lbs normally.
I figured, the next point was taking it even further and after having improved significantly, I wanted to challenge myself to a cut to 155 lbs. After a higher increase in cardio workouts, and very little weight lifting and diet adjustments, within a couple months I was down to 155 lbs. My training improved. My quickness increased and my coordination was amazing. The spars and fights in the fighting room were a lot better. I would actually do pretty well and have a few good clean bouts and learn from each other’s mistakes and my training at the Krav Maga gym was good too. Later the next year, I was able to grow a bit more at just over 6 feet which gave me a better advantage overall! With an extra 2 inch reach as well from the last measurement.

V. Forwarding
After taking a break for a bit of time for about a year, I left the gym and focused on career and studies. After a few instances in life which needed more attention than anything else at that moment, I was able to get back into the routine of getting to a gym, which I did. It was great because I recently bumped into a friend from high school who was a year older than me and competed in the NAGA (National American Grappling Association) and was 4-0 at 6’3” 185 lbs for an amateur record. We trained together and I slowly started to cut down from 192 lbs of not training. I started off with INTENSIVE cardio and little weights. Only calisthenics and swimming for muscle training with some machines/free weights. The biggest emphasis was cardio, cardio, cardio. After dropping to 155 lbs, I was able to outwork my friend who was two weight classes higher than me with the implementation of strikes to the face, clinches, knee strikes, and effective grappling. Throughout my collective experience in sparring and some fighting and extreme training, I was able to overcome being the sluggish, uncoordinated fighter to that great potential at that point.
Here’s my breakdown and rate:
October 2011: 192 lbs
December 2011: 164 lbs
February 2012: 154 lbs
March 2012: 147 lbs
This was the breakdown of my training results and they were EXTREMELY noticeable. Every weight was different with the training. My point here is to give you a guide at how being a certain weight affects you. I’ll explain here:
Given my height nearly at 6’1”, I can tell you my experience as being nearly EVERY weightclass except for under 145 lbs, so you can relate to yourself to what you want to be as an ultimate goal:
Heavyweight (220+ lbs): I was extremely strong, but very slow, lacked cardio and moderate endurance.
Light Heavyweight (205 lbs): Still very strong, a bit slow, better cardio and decent endurance.
Middleweight (185 lbs): Felt healthy, strong, fast, good cardio, good endurance, solid tone.
Welterweight (170 lbs): Amazing, quick, moderately strong, great endurance, great tone.
Lightweight (155 lbs): A bit tired, very quick, everlasting endurance, amazing tone.
Featherweight (145 lbs): Weak, very quick, somewhat great endurance, skeletal tone.

VI. My service to you
Is absolutely free, and only if you wish to donate forum gold that is fine, otherwise forum gold is not required here. I aim to help the general public by applying my past “condensed version” of testimony to those who want to learn mixed martial arts and obtain their physical goals. You will come to me, tell me your goal and ask me:
-Work out routine
-Diet routine
-Mixed Martial Arts technique
This page is dedicated to the hard work and proof that anyone motivated can do this, and I am happy to help anyone achieve this if they are interested.
I want to thank Kagura and RewTheBrave for the motivation and helping me coordinate this thread and offering it here at D2jsp. If anyone needs information about anything or has any questions about anything, always feel free to private message me. I’m happy to help in every way that I can!

Cheers,

Elias, known as Welterweight
Gold: 10,445.00
Apr 26 2013 07:48pm
1st
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Apr 26 2013 11:39pm
this guy is awesome! :)
helped me alot will pm him l8r about some more info :wub:
Gold: 99.01
Apr 27 2013 03:58am
how can i ufc
Gold: 450.51
Apr 27 2013 10:13am
Good luck with the advice.

Got some videos to back it up?
Gold: 10,445.00
Apr 27 2013 10:37am
Quote (Koen @ Apr 27 2013 09:58am)
how can i ufc

tuf try outs
win it, then u can ufc

or just be good and they will want u

This post was edited by Hboy on Apr 27 2013 10:38am
Retired Moderator
Apr 27 2013 11:19am
Quote (Koen @ Apr 27 2013 08:58pm)
how can i ufc

If this is a serious question, please let me know what your goals are and we can get started from there :)

Quote (GodisLove @ Apr 28 2013 03:13am)
Good luck with the advice.

Got some videos to back it up?

Thank you, but no although I was going to have a chance at entering amateur in NAGA as a Featherweight (145 lbs), but a sudden change of plans occurred.
Gold: 91,878.00
Apr 27 2013 01:39pm
I am 500 lbs of raw fat, I refuse to stop eating carbs as I'm Italian and family meals are a big part of my life. Any tips?
My goal is to be 150 lbs.

This post was edited by Gamuwu on Apr 27 2013 01:40pm
Retired Moderator
Apr 27 2013 08:43pm
Quote (Gamuwu @ Apr 28 2013 06:39am)
I am 500 lbs of raw fat, I refuse to stop eating carbs as I'm Italian and family meals are a big part of my life. Any tips?
My goal is to be 150 lbs.

Information given:

-Current weight of 500 lbs.
-High intake of carbohydrates (complex/simple)

I will just need some more information here:

-What is your height?
-What is your age?
-Are there any pre-existing health problems? (i.e. high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc)
-More information on diet; (how many meals per day? what is consumed per day?)
-What is the look you are after? Lean 150 lbs or muscled 150 lbs?

Gold: 99.01
Apr 28 2013 02:10am
i wanna fight ufc
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
12315Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll