d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > My Final 2013 Mock Draft!
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Apr 19 2013 01:47pm
Quote (Terps @ Apr 19 2013 02:32am)
Damn, I thought Cyprien was going later than that... like into the 30's. Guess his stock has gone way up.
That Pats move into the 2nd and grabbing Okafor is so... Bellichick. Damn, he could very well be that crafty
Keenean Allen to the Ravens... I think I saw that in one of Kiper's drafts, as well as Walter's
Detroit grabbing Tank is pretty sick, could very well have the best DL in the league next year.
I have a feeling you're manipulating the draft just a little to get that Trufant pick to the cards in the 2nd lol
I also saw Walter go with Swearinger to Ravens, and I think I saw Kiper do the same in one of his iirc
I like the Tyrann in the 4th, but I have a feeling some team will jizz all over him and take him in the late 3rd
I would also hope the Ravens would draft a better ILB, maybe by moving up a bit in the 2nd for Kiko, or Terron Armstead, since we need a future LT (or possibly a now LT lol). We've got some picks to trade to do it.

Looks good though, interdasting read as usual. Thanks man.

Tyrann is a 1st round pick if he stayed at LSU and never had any of that trouble, the kid is a future star. He's worth a 2nd rounder IMO.

If we could grab him & Teo it would help fill the voids of losing two hall of famers..
Gold: 0.27
Apr 19 2013 01:58pm
I wanted to say this in my original post but I forgot.

Regarding the trades, I do not truly believe that all of those trades will take place. That is a lot of moving in the top 10 and most likely will not happen. With that said, I do believe the Chiefs will shop the holy fuck out of that first pick to Miami and San Diego, I do strongly believe the Boys will move up for Vaccaro, leapfrogging the Rams being the key there, and I do strongly believe that the Falcons will jump majorly to get Ziggy.

Quote (Terps @ Apr 18 2013 11:32pm)
Damn, I thought Cyprien was going later than that... like into the 30's. Guess his stock has gone way up.
That Pats move into the 2nd and grabbing Okafor is so... Bellichick. Damn, he could very well be that crafty
Keenean Allen to the Ravens... I think I saw that in one of Kiper's drafts, as well as Walter's
Detroit grabbing Tank is pretty sick, could very well have the best DL in the league next year.
I have a feeling you're manipulating the draft just a little to get that Trufant pick to the cards in the 2nd lol
I also saw Walter go with Swearinger to Ravens, and I think I saw Kiper do the same in one of his iirc
I like the Tyrann in the 4th, but I have a feeling some team will jizz all over him and take him in the late 3rd
I would also hope the Ravens would draft a better ILB, maybe by moving up a bit in the 2nd for Kiko, or Terron Armstead, since we need a future LT (or possibly a now LT lol). We've got some picks to trade to do it.

Looks good though, interdasting read as usual. Thanks man.

Cyprien has been on the constant rise for quite some time now. I have him rated a bit higher than others but the Rams need safety help, he's better than Elam (imo) so they pull the trigger because neither Elam nor Cyprien will be available to them in the second.

Pats - Exactly my thought there too. Just the move back first and then to see not only Okafor but Tank there too, Big Bill must have wet himself in that scenario.

Allen - He's going to fall out of the second most likely due to the recent incidents. Hopkins too.

Detroit - Yeah that's a 1/2 punch pick with NE right there. NE takes Tank, Detroit takes Okafor. NE takes Okafor, Detroit takes Tank.

Not really. Trufant has fallen out of favor with a few teams not because of anything negative he did but because of how incredible some other corners have been doing. Prior to last year's injury Hayden would have been in the discussion for the top corner in this draft. We finally got to see some numbers from him recently and honestly, I put Hayden > all other corners in this draft. I know that won't happen but Hayden over Trufant is entirely likely.

Tyann - People were saying the same thing last year about Dennard. Someone will take a chance on him early, someone will do it. Yeah the Patriots did....in the 7th lol. Recent reports of just how many failed drug tests Tyrann had aren't helping him at all.

Ravens ILB - I think you're really underrating McClain. I think you guys got such a steal there. You still have enough leaders (no one like Ray or Reed of course but solid leaders none the less) to keep his ass in line and really get the best from him. After his signing, I didn't view ILB as a dire need and Klein is a nice prospect.

Quote (Hako @ Apr 19 2013 12:03am)
I would take this draft and have no issues really. Lonnie Pryor in the 6th. Stedman Bailey in the 4th. GREAT value imo and I like them both a lot. Johnathan Hankins in the 3rd. Not one of our biggest needs, but the value would be good there. I honestly don't know much about D.J. Hayden. So I can't really comment a whole lot about him. I'm a Blidi Wreh-Wilson fan though. I would have no issues with Jordan #2. I could live with Scott in the 5th.

I think we'll draft a LB though, even outside of Jordan if we do decide to draft him. Either that or we need to get Daryl Smith back in here damn it.

I like Wreh-Wilson a lot too but read what I said about Hayden in reply to Terps.

Quote (draino @ Apr 19 2013 06:21am)
Good mock overall, but there's no way Houston is going to not draft a safety/corner. And we drafted a kicker last season, no need to draft another one.

Fuck I forgot about their kicker again. My bad. Well even so, you can toss a secondary selection in at that K spot and then move everyone else up one and then toss in another late round corner to Indy for Mr. Irrelevant but I wouldn't change any other pick for Houston prior to that.

Quote (hokies @ Apr 19 2013 06:49am)
Miami would have to give up more than that to jump from #12 to #1 overall lol

Idk man, with the severe lack of elite talent in this draft, the first overall pick doesn't hold the value it has in the past imo. Let's be real here, there's nothing saying Joeckel won't be a bust. He showed A LOT of problems on tape, along with a lot of good, but he showed he has some development to do whereas in the past, we'll just use last year, you knew Luck was going to be a stud.

Quote (TheE1337 @ Apr 19 2013 11:53am)
Wow...seems like every team gets an ideal pick in the first round of this mock.  Very nice.

Yeah I probably had everyone cooperating too well but meh, I thought it was plausible and good picks.

Quote (EViLDeeDz @ Apr 19 2013 12:34pm)
Can't see the lions passing on Trufant if hes available that late

Idk man, I don't think they're viewing corner as as big of a need as everyone from the outside looking in is.

Quote (BrenisaPub @ Apr 19 2013 12:47pm)
Tyrann is a 1st round pick if he stayed at LSU and never had any of that trouble, the kid is a future star. He's worth a 2nd rounder IMO.

If we could grab him & Teo it would help fill the voids of losing two hall of famers..

If if if. If Mark Sanchez was a good QB the Jets wouldn't suck. If the Cardinals had a good QB they wouldn't suck. If doesn't mean much bud.

Gold: 500.00
Apr 19 2013 01:58pm
ideal mock for the lions lol. hits every single need with BPA in most situations

OT - Eric Fisher. I'll be thrilled if the iggles dont nab Fisher. Please please please take Geno or Star or Dee.
DE - Tank Carradine. in the second!? yes please. He would've been a top 10 pick if it werent for his ACL injury. Suh + Fairley + Carradine? Damn. I hope a de of this caliber falls to us in the second. otherwise i hope we snag Justin Hunter
WR - Markus Wheaton. Need that vertical threat opposite Calvin. Offense could be explosive with Calvin, (insert drafted WR here), Broyles in the slot, Burleson, Reggie Bush
CB - Dwayne Gratz. don't know much about him, but we could use a corner if our 3 drafted corners last year don't check out.
OLB - Chase Thomas. This kid is a football player. we need an olb to fill in for Durant. Tackle machine
KR/WR/RB/Playmaker - Denard Robinson. I will take him in the 6th. we NEED a kick returner and Denard can make plays. Not sure how he will check out at WR, but this guy is someone teams will have to prepare for. Dynamic playmaker
C - Khaled Holmes - Raiola is getting old. Need a replacement here soon
even K is addressed! (fck akers)
Gold: 0.27
Apr 19 2013 02:04pm
Quote (rdeight8 @ Apr 19 2013 12:58pm)
ideal mock for the lions lol. hits every single need with BPA in most situations

OT - Eric Fisher. I'll be thrilled if the iggles dont nab Fisher. Please please please take Geno or Star or Dee.
DE - Tank Carradine. in the second!? yes please. He would've been a top 10 pick if it werent for his ACL injury. Suh + Fairley + Carradine? Damn. I hope a de of this caliber falls to us in the second. otherwise i hope we snag Justin Hunter
WR - Markus Wheaton. Need that vertical threat opposite Calvin. Offense could be explosive with Calvin, (insert drafted WR here), Broyles in the slot, Burleson, Reggie Bush
CB - Dwayne Gratz. don't know much about him, but we could use a corner if our 3 drafted corners last year don't check out.
OLB - Chase Thomas. This kid is a football player. we need an olb to fill in for Durant. Tackle machine
KR/WR/RB/Playmaker - Denard Robinson. I will take him in the 6th. we NEED a kick returner and Denard can make plays. Not sure how he will check out at WR, but this guy is someone teams will have to prepare for. Dynamic playmaker
C - Khaled Holmes - Raiola is getting old. Need a replacement here soon
even K is addressed! (fck akers)

Just wanted to touch on the kicker, I figured between Akers, Rugland and Maher, there could be a solid competition for the spot. A vet, a true rookie (Maher) and then a rando kicking sensation in Rugland.

EDIT: Oh and Gratz is solid. He's no every down corner, but he's solid situation/rotational guy who can be very useful on special teams and could develop into a decent #2 corner.

This post was edited by Randolph on Apr 19 2013 02:05pm
Gold: 3,188.00
Apr 19 2013 03:30pm
denaard to the lions, whynot yolo lol
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2013 04:12pm
Scary... Lol.
Gold: 16,602.98
Apr 19 2013 04:25pm
I wouldn't drop to 30 without the Falcons 1st next year coming back, on top of their 1st + 2nd this year and a 3rd in either draft. Can't say I'd be thrilled with our picks either, Watson would be a back-up to Brown at left tackle while Trufant would be competing with Fleming and Cason for playing time. We need immediate help at so many positions(Arians lets rookies play), can't really say LT and CB are on my list. Guys like Fisher/Star/Rhodes are on my short list for 7 even though they aren't pressing needs because of their talent, wouldn't take 2nd tier guys early at their positions.
Gold: 14,000.00
Apr 19 2013 05:08pm
Quote (Randolph @ Apr 18 2013 10:01pm)
Round 5
1. Kansas City (2-14) – Oday Aboushi, G/OT, Virginia
2. Jacksonville (2-14) – Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
3. Philadelphia (4-12) – B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

after looking back through this draft, and with knowing how bad our CB situation is. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see us get a CB in the early rounds and 1 in the late. some of the more press cover Corners tend to drop a little later into the rounds. I think we could find a guy in the 5th-7th range.
Gold: 3,188.00
Apr 19 2013 05:52pm
also if the lions draft that way it would be PERFECT imo, good job on this one randy, you got the lions perfectly
Gold: 2,227.27
Apr 19 2013 06:07pm
Quote (BrenisaPub @ Apr 19 2013 03:47pm)

He failed like what 10 drug test?

He also lack ideal size

Not worth 1st round or 2nd round

As for the Eagles pick, I wouldn't mind Star
He would be ideal for our new 3-4 defense
I think we will draft Fisher though

This post was edited by Jrue on Apr 19 2013 06:09pm
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll