d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Information On Clan Channels > How To Make/manage/ect.
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 720.71
Mar 22 2013 10:18am
What this guide will cover:

I. What is a Clan Channel?
II. How can I make one?
III. What is the difference between and OP channel and a clan channel?
IV. Special features for Clan Channels.
V. How to mange and keep your channel "alive"

I. What is a Clan Channel?

Clan Channels were made for warcraft 3. It takes 10 warcraft keys or clients to make a channel. Most clan channels now are used for people who make in-game Clans on Diablo 2 and Starcraft/Starcraft: Broodwar. There are very few Warcraft 3 gaming Clan anymore. Only warcraft 3 clients can be shaman/chief.

II. How can I make one?

As stated above, it takes 10 warcraft keys or 10 warcraft clients. You have the Chief which has full control of the channel, 5 shamans who would be given almost as much power as the Chief except the Chief is the only one who can Disband the channel, remove Clan members, or change chief status over to another member of the clan.
Here is an example of a Clan channel I use for d2:
(Example of a clan channel: http://i46.tinypic.com/3rejk.png )

III. What is the difference between an OP channel and a clan channel?

An OP channel is when you own account and you join the channel with the same name as that account.
So for example I own the account *Conner. If I type /j op Conner
then I am now in an OP channel. Op channels can have only 2 ops and do not require wc3 keys. Clan channels you can have up to 7 ops and Battle.net stores clan channel information such as how many members you have, how often they are online, when they joined, and their ladder rank if any. Op channels also don't have a Clan Tag.
(Example of an op channel: http://i46.tinypic.com/2429x4x.png )

IV. Special features for Clan Channels.

Clan channels have the ability to Ip ban/kick/ban people from your channel. You can also have up to 7 ops including the ddp. Clan channels also have their own rankings. Everyone besides the chief starts out as a peon. Then after 7 days the other clients will be promoted to Grunt and then if they have earned it to shaman. So three ranks in total since there is only 1 Chief and its auto given. Clan channels can also demote and promote members from peon to grunt or from shaman to grunt to peon. Clan channels will never get spam bots ether. They can still Pm you but cannot join the channel. You also need to invite other warcraft 3 players into your clan to Be able to wear your clan tag. A clan tag is a 2-4 character long name fore your channel and for a shorted name of your clan. So my channel's name is Clan WL short for Warlords. The clan tag is WL. You cannot have one character and cannot have more than four. Clan channels get 6 natural ops and one ddp. A ddp is a Designated Op. It can be any client.

V. How to mange and keep your channel "alive"

It is very simple to make a clan channel. Its harder to keep it "alive" or in other words to not let it expire. If a clan channel expires you need to remake it, wait 7 more days to gain full Ops and start over. You can avoid this by inviting new members into the clan or having active clan members and once a key is used to make a clan channel you cannot use it again for 7 days to make another channel.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll