d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Disc Golf > Anyone Play That?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24,919.32
Feb 28 2013 10:44pm
i dont understand the game care to share the rules? Is it just golf with a frisbee??? Is it a lot more fun/challenging/ than it sounds??
Gold: 153.43
Mar 1 2013 04:30pm
Quote (pocketwatch @ Feb 28 2013 10:44pm)
i dont understand the game care to share the rules? Is it just golf with a frisbee??? Is it a lot more fun/challenging/ than it sounds??

It is almost the same as golf, tee pads, differend clubs(discs) and it is easier and harder at the same time... it is MUCH easier as you get to hold and throw the disc with your hands as compared to swinging the club to hit the ball, but its harder as the courses are more dense and wooded wind plays a HUGE factor and rain plays an even bigger one...

first time you play you will be lucky to bogy a single hole... much like normal golf, when you get good you will have the ability to get a birdy on almost every hole (most holes play as par 3) but it will not be easy to do so... So its always challenging... Lots of times, like in golf, its better to play the safe shot as compared to go all the way to the pin...

Over all i would say it is SLIGHTLY easier than normal golf, just due to the fact that you get to hold the disc in your hands... Its no cake walk tho...

e: rules are same as golf drive play next shot from behind your disc (within a foot) as compared to the basket (disc golfs version of a hole) and continue shooting until your disc stops inside of the basket... water is OB, over 6 feet in a tree is OB, some holes have OB lines...

This post was edited by Swanny-Style on Mar 1 2013 04:32pm
Gold: 476.00
Mar 3 2013 07:40pm
I played once with an Aerobe, shit was fun
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Mar 5 2013 09:12pm
Haha I started playing last semester, I just have an Innova mid-distance driver I use for everything, I don't wanna be one of those guys with a pouch and 10 discs.

We've got a 9-hole course by my college, the holes are long, but typically you have a straight shot minus tons of water hazards lol.

We like to play cuz like 5 of us can clear the course in half an hour, nice free thing to do outside. One of my buds and I ran it in 10 minutes once lol, was pretty epic.
Gold: 31.75
Jun 4 2013 01:12pm
best driver disk?
Gold: 153.43
Jul 17 2013 05:44pm
Quote (swift_clan @ Jun 4 2013 01:12pm)
best driver disk?

This question is very dificult to answer... as there are more stable drivers and less stable drivers that could be better than the other depending on the wind/elevation and many other factors... less stable withh go further with a tail wind while more stable will handle better in a face wind... if your new try a katana by innova, should have good success gettin some distance on that disc...
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll