d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 00apac's Pub Vita Nova Necro > 1.13 Pvp
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,793.00
Jan 18 2013 05:45am
looks good :)
:thumbsup:
Gold: 111.00
Jan 18 2013 06:20am
Quote (mysz15 @ Jan 18 2013 06:21am)
this.
U cant hit 250+ cold stack with your setup so 2x 30-40cold resi jwls instead of double ohm is the way to go.

Another thing is even double ber'd circlett doesn;t provide enought survivability vs zons, pals, barbs and drus ,especially if we add very low life poll (im curious how its possible that u dont hit at least 3,3k life... do u use life skillers at all?)
If u can, edit that guide and add coa berber (or ber/Jah if u feel that 46dr is enought) + dungo setup (20fcr amy + 10fcr/str ring will be needed to hit 125fcr along with hoto).

I luv that orange colour of layout... it makes me feel like eating a peach while reading this text, but proper one would be light-green, dont u think?;)

All in all its very good guide and I'm glad that someone at least dared to wirte one (Im too lazy to do that myself;O) cuz S&G@jsp  section has missed that one for a long long time:)
I like that u pointed out all those important things like using clay fatty through the whole duel but switching to fire one when opponent's bleeded out to 1 hp, etc.

Btw - It would be even more awesome if u would add such table of tested dmg vs common builds, cuz the amount of nova to be casted vs certain opponents determins the tactic and the setup!
For example if the dmg setup (28 dr double bered circlett) bleeds out common 8k life bvc in 1 shot than switching to coaberber dr setup which bleeds him out in 2-3 shots than the dmg setup is much better.
Also if 2 novas of hoto setup bleeds out common 5k life hammerdin that changes the tactic drasticly compared to dweb -1 shot setup!
Those are just the examples but confirmed infomation in tactic section of how many novas u need to land to leave particular build with 1 hp would help A LOT!

Unfortunately I can no longer edit it the post =/
Wish I could because there are a few other typo's brought to my attention

for amulets, it should be 2nec/10-20fcr/ etc etc not 2pnb/10-20fcr (lol thanks corey)

as for the stack, would you suggest using light/fire jewels for the other pnb circs as well?

and the ber/ber coa+dungos setup would cap you off at 50 with nigma's dr if I'm not mistaken.
I should have added it in there, but personally, the thought of the loss of +4 to PnB skills has me torn between the 2.
I can't check at this exact moment, but that seems like a pretty decent amount of lost damage.

I can also see how it would be a good sacrifice though. It's going to jack up the cost though that's for sure.
50 dr, more vita, good resistance, extra stats depending on the amulet and ring you decide to go with, 86 fhr easy to achieve.
I'm going to have to do some more playing around and experimenting with CoA to see if all of that is worth the lost damage.
Now I'm also thinking of different switches to potentially hit 125fcr/156fhr at all times without cutting out anymore damge..LOL!

As for my low life in the screenshot,
About a month or so ago I was short on FG and needed to part out most of my Nova nec to help fund my sorc, so I've been in the process of rebuilding him again.
A few days before I decided to write up this guide, I did a mass name transfer and have been in the process of re-leveling ALL of my characters.
So in the screenshot shown at the top my necro was only level 81, uncompleted quests, and had temporary low 30 lifers and 17/5's for an inventory.
And NOW, I got a new name for my necro that I'm much more pleased with, so I restarted him completely AGAIN. He is currently level 11.
Once I hit level 90+ I will post my necro's gear and stats on this thread :thumbsup:

I love the orange/white layout using the black/orange jsp background, it's my favorite.

Last but not least. Once my necro is 100% finished and ready, I will do some dedicated testing with the different damage outputs and such against different build types.
That will take some time.

Thanks for posting man, I love your criticism

This post was edited by 00apacolypse on Jan 18 2013 06:25am
Jan 18 2013 07:13am
iv had a bad nova once, years ago. but i loved it when the entire
server hated me.. this skinny bastard nec is funny as hell in public.

i thought about something else, in this or in the next ladder or so
tell me what ya thinking about it.

Coa \ double facet'd or \ 15@ -15 % + facet
Enigma
Hoto
Spirit
Trang's
Aldur's
Soj \ Cast Ring
Verdungo's
Crafted 20 Cast +2 Nec Amu
Cta

1x 5@\5fhr sc
Anni\Torch
All PB\Lifers
8 x 20\11's sc's

question is will the loss of skills from the typical builds will ruin it ? [ arach \ circlet ]

i thought of this build just now and its looks promising with the 38% physical reduction \ more life \ res will be maxed
maybe worth a shot.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 18 2013 09:08am
Quote (00apacolypse @ 18 Jan 2013 13:20)
Unfortunately I can no longer edit it the post =/
Wish I could because there are a few other typo's brought to my attention

for amulets, it should be 2nec/10-20fcr/ etc etc not 2pnb/10-20fcr (lol thanks corey)

as for the stack, would you suggest using light/fire jewels for the other pnb circs as well?

and the ber/ber coa+dungos setup would cap you off at 50 with nigma's dr if I'm not mistaken.
I should have added it in there, but personally, the thought of the loss of +4 to PnB skills has me torn between the 2.
I can't check at this exact moment, but that seems like a pretty decent amount of lost damage.

I can also see how it would be a good sacrifice though. It's going to jack up the cost though that's for sure.
50 dr, more vita, good resistance, extra stats depending on the amulet and ring you decide to go with, 86 fhr easy to achieve.
I'm going to have to do some more playing around and experimenting with CoA to see if all of that is worth the lost damage.
Now I'm also thinking of different switches to potentially hit 125fcr/156fhr at all times without cutting out anymore damge..LOL!

As for my low life in the screenshot,
About a month or so ago I was short on FG and needed to part out most of my Nova nec to help fund my sorc, so I've been in the process of rebuilding him again.
A few days before I decided to write up this guide, I did a mass name transfer and have been in the process of re-leveling ALL of my characters.
So in the screenshot shown at the top my necro was only level 81, uncompleted quests, and had temporary low 30 lifers and 17/5's for an inventory.
And NOW, I got a new name for my necro that I'm much more pleased with, so I restarted him completely AGAIN. He is currently level 11.
Once I hit level 90+ I will post my necro's gear and stats on this thread  :thumbsup:

I love the orange/white layout using the black/orange jsp background, it's my favorite.

Last but not least. Once my necro is 100% finished and ready, I will do some dedicated testing with the different damage outputs and such against different build types.
That will take some time.

Thanks for posting man, I love your criticism

;)
40fcr hoto, 20fcr to glo, 20fcr circl, 35fcr spirit , 10fcr either amu or ring, which means u nn arach to hit max fcr so go with thundergod as an absorb. Double LO'd circlet isnt needed - go with 30-40res jwls.
Also double vex'd circlt is a waste of runes, since all u need is infernos or hots.

when it comes to dmg loss: 1 sk = 300-350dmg, which means 4k sk = ~1300k dmg, which is 10% of you total dmg. Not so much imo.
But basicly on psn nec dmg matters ONLY if it changes amount of novas needed to be casted to leave an opponent with 1hp, so that 10% dmg MIGHT be crucial in some cases... but further tests will show that...

If u go with dungo + double ber'd circlett u will end up with 39dr which is pretty good... for hit and run char it might be enought... its up to you... if u can handle melee chars with 39dr its ok - if i get slapped try 50dr setup. Simple

high fhr is usefull only for char which tanks a lot - 156 on novamancer is a big nono.

with 3x life sks u should reach 3,3k + life easly.

Gold: 1,324.00
Jan 18 2013 01:42pm
Love the guide, Very fun pub dueling char cant wait to make one!
Jan 18 2013 07:10pm
Quote (darksoho @ Jan 18 2013 08:13am)
iv had a bad nova once, years ago. but i loved it when the entire
server hated me.. this skinny bastard nec is funny as hell in public.

i thought about something else, in this or in the next ladder or so
tell me what ya thinking about it.

Coa \ double facet'd or \ 15@ -15 % + facet
Enigma
Hoto
Spirit
Trang's
Aldur's
Soj \ Cast Ring
Verdungo's
Crafted 20 Cast +2 Nec Amu
Cta

1x 5@\5fhr sc
Anni\Torch
All PB\Lifers
8 x 20\11's sc's

question is  will the loss of skills from the typical builds will ruin it ? [ arach \ circlet ]

i thought of this build just now and its looks promising with the 38% physical reduction \ more life \ res will be maxed
maybe worth a shot.

Looks alright to me, as long as you're maintaining 125/86 you should be good. You may miss out on a little bit of damage, but if having DR/life/res makes you smile then by all means try it out =p

pm mysz15 for any other questions regarding that setup.
I have yet to play around with it and do some tests, so he may have a little bit more information to help you out!

Quote (mysz15 @ Jan 18 2013 10:08am)
;)
40fcr hoto, 20fcr to glo, 20fcr circl, 35fcr spirit , 10fcr either amu or ring, which means u nn arach to hit max fcr so go with thundergod as an absorb. Double LO'd circlet isnt needed - go with 30-40res jwls.
Also double vex'd circlt is a waste of runes, since all u need is infernos or hots.

when it comes to dmg loss: 1 sk = 300-350dmg, which means 4k sk = ~1300k dmg, which is 10% of you total dmg. Not so much imo.
But basicly on psn nec dmg matters ONLY if it changes amount of novas needed to be casted to leave an opponent with 1hp, so that 10% dmg MIGHT be crucial in some cases... but further tests will show that...

If u go with dungo + double ber'd circlett u will end up with 39dr which is pretty good... for hit and run char it might be enought... its up to you... if u can handle melee chars with 39dr its ok - if i get slapped try 50dr setup. Simple

high fhr is usefull only for char which tanks a lot - 156 on novamancer is a big nono.

with 3x life sks u should reach 3,3k + life easly.

I'm in the process of buying some stuff to run more experiments so I'll surely keep you updated on what I've come up with.
Thanks for such well explained input, rather than some people just posting "crappy" "antidotes>" "hamerdin>" etc etc
Some players have a preferred class they like to use, and decide to fill people in with info to see how they like it.
Nothing better then paragraphs upon paragraphs of brainstorming different setups and strategies

Quote (belgium420 @ Jan 18 2013 02:42pm)
Love the guide, Very fun pub dueling char cant wait to make one!

Glad you liked it!
Pm me anytime if you end up making one.

This post was edited by 00apacolypse on Jan 18 2013 07:10pm
Gold: 100.00
Jan 19 2013 09:05am
Cat&Mouse - In most cases you will be the mouse. While they chase you, tele away, lay a nova, tele away, lay a nova.

this isn't a strategy. its called defwhoring and its bm

also, if u dont go maxblock at least get a dr setup. ur bone armor is low and u wont be able to kill bowas if u need to get too close
Jan 19 2013 09:39am
Quote (ValkAKAValk @ Jan 19 2013 05:05pm)
Cat&Mouse - In most cases you will be the mouse. While they chase you, tele away, lay a nova, tele away, lay a nova.

also, if u dont go maxblock at least get a dr setup. ur bone armor is low and u wont be able to kill bowas if u need to get too close

you will with coa setup.
maxblock is not a good option the way i see it - more dr % is.
due to everything @op posted, and my past experience with a shitty novamancer i had in a really old patch
he is on the right side with the Cat&Mouse, its a good point. this is how you duel most of the time
with nova as your main attack.. the best way to find out is to make one and play it.

This post was edited by darksoho on Jan 19 2013 09:41am
Gold: 212.00
Jan 19 2013 11:52am
Excellent guide, we needed an update on this one
Jan 19 2013 05:59pm
Quote (ValkAKAValk @ Jan 19 2013 10:05am)

This is not a GM character to begin with, and as darksoho mentioned, that is a main tactic that you will be using a lot of the time.
It's a hit and run dueler.
There are many setups you can use to obtain dr or maxblock, I just choose not to because I've figured out how to duel without it.

Quote (TSBoyer @ Jan 19 2013 12:52pm)
Excellent guide, we needed an update on this one

Thanks bud
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll