d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 00apac's Pub Vita Nova Necro > 1.13 Pvp
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 111.00
Jan 18 2013 01:54am

125fcr/86fhr Vita Pub Nova Necro guide.
Bring on the hate!

Getting straight to the point.
Everyone has their own style, dueling strategy, and opinion. This is just mine.

This is not a guide filled with pictures, so if you do not enjoy reading,
you will miss out on key components to this build.

----Introduction
----Stats
----Skills
----Gear options
----Build setup examples
----Dueling Strategies
----Closing

-Introduction-

I will only be breaking it down for my vita/damage type setups.
I personally do not use max block, so you will have to find a guide on that elsewhere.

The way I see it, the job is to land a hit and bleed them out as quickly as possible without getting hit. Certain opponents you will be able to take several hits from, but of course you want to avoid it.
Bulking up bone armor can hold it's own in a lot of cases, and recasting it is simple.

With MB setups, you are losing out on a lot of life and damage.
It takes them longer to bleed out, and you have to land more novas while putting yourself at risk for taking more hits.
People will say "Survivability is more worth it", but what is the point if you are taking even longer to kill them.
At least for this character type in my opinion.

Over the past few years, I've always had a "mess-around" character for public dueling. Some people favor entirely different class builds, as some may enjoy using the good old Trang Necromancer setup. Whatever you enjoy using is all that matters, and being that this is my personal favorite, I thought I'd share.

My vita Nova hits 125 Fcr/86 Fhr at all times. Maxed Hell resistance. High bone armor absorb. 13-14k Nova damage with my preferred setup. All achievable at a lower level, but higher is always better.

I hop on this character when I'm short on time, restless of 1v1 gm's, bored in general, and want to hostile an entire public game for some hatred.
So before you go posting that this class is BM, gets wrecked, is a waste, etc etc.. stop and think.
Public games are never GM to begin with, and every class has a specific arch enemy. Some classes are harder than others, but nobody is invincible.
I've killed every character build even at level 82 on my nova, it is not impossible.

Now let's get to it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

-Stats-

Strength: Enough to wear gear without getting your body popped (Spirit Monarch)
Dexterity: None
Vitality: ALL
Energy: None

___________________________________________________________________________________

-Skills-

Max Poison Nova ( Main attack)
Max Poison Explosion
Max Poison Dagger
1 Bone Armor (ALWAYS keep this casted and do not add more than 1 point)
1 Teeth (Finisher)
1 Bone Wall
1 Bone Prison
1 Clay Golem
1 Golem Mastery
1 Fire Golem (Finisher)
1 Summon Resist
1 Iron Maiden
1 Amp
9 Lower Resist - or however many it takes to get you to -65% bo'd (Your main spell)

The rest of your remaining points into bone wall/prison for a higher bone armor absorb %

Optional-----

1 Bone Spear (Finisher)
1 Bone Spirit (Finisher)
1 Skeletal mages (Possible finisher, yet time consuming and die easily)
1 Skeleton Mastery
1 Revive (Same with Skeletal mages)

______________________________________________________________________________________

-Gear Options-
As I said above, I will only be listing gear options for a vita/damage type build.
I will list quite a few different options for budget builders, and wealthy builders.
Keep in mind how much strength you need to wear monarch when buying rings/amulets/circs etc, no need to pay extra if you already have enough strength to wield.

Helms:
2necro/20fcr/2os circlet (frw/str/life/res/mana being your most important needs. Socket with whatever you lack the most)
5x 3PnB/20fcr/2socket magic circlets ( 10/10 Poison Faceted / Vex-Vex(fire sorb) / Ohm-Ohm(cold sorb) / Lo-Lo(light sorb) / Ber-Ber(damage reduction)
Shako

Armor:
Light-weight base Enigma

Weapon:
High res Hoto
High -poison Dweb
Wizzy

Shield:
35 Fcr Spirit Monarch

Belt:
Arachnid's Mesh
10fcr/24fhr/str/life/resist crafted belt

Gloves:
Trang Gloves

Boots:
Grim Spurs
Eth Treks
30frw/10fhr/tri-res
Marrowalks

Amulets:
2pnb/10-20fcr (str/life/res/mana being most important)
3PnB/100life
Maras

Rings:
2x Soj
2x Bk
2x 10fcr rings (str/life/res/mana being most important)
Wisps (Light sorb)
Dwarfs (Fire sorb)
Ravens (Cold sorb)

Switch:
6 BO cta / BO spirit monarch

Inventory:
Always aim for the highest life/stats/res when it comes to your charms

Necro torch
Anni
9x PnB Lifers
7-10x life/res Sc's
0-3x 5fhr/5res all sc's
(Be sure that you are always hitting 86 FHR, adjust gear/inventory accordingly)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

-My preferred setup-

5x 3PnB/20fcr/2socket magic circlets ( 10/-10 Poison Faceted / Vex-Vex / Ohm-Ohm / Lo-Lo / Ber-Ber )
Enigma
Hoto
35 Fcr Spirit Monarch
Arachnid's Mesh or 10fcr/24fhr/str/life/res craft belt
Trang Gloves
Grim Spurs or Eth Treks or 30/10/tri-res
3PnB/100life Amulet or Maras
2x Soj or 2x Bk (swap on sorb accordingly)

Inventory:

Necro torch
Anni
9x PnB Lifers
7-10x life/res Sc's (7 if using arach, 10 if using 10/24 craft belt)
0-3x 5fhr/5res all sc's (3 if using arach, none if using 10/24 craft belt)

-Dweb Setup-
(This will be more costly)

2necro/20fcr/2os circlet (frw/str/life/res/mana being your most important needs)
Enigma
High -poison Dweb
35 Fcr Spirit Monarch
Arachnid's Mesh
Trang Gloves (fcr/Cres/Poison damage/save skills into lower resist for -65)
Grim Spurs/Eth Treks
2necro/10-20 fcr amulet (str/life/res/mana being most important) (10fcr requires you to use 2x 10fcr rings, 20fcr requires 1x fcr ring/SOJ obviously =p)
1-2x 10fcr rings/SOJ (same as amulet being most important) (use 2x 10fcr rings if you can only manage a 10fcr amulet, 10fcr ring/SOJ if you only manage 20fcr amulet)

Inventory:

Necro torch
Anni
9x PnB Lifers
7x life/res Sc's
3x 5fhr/5res all sc's (unless you fhr jewel your circlet/dweb)

-Budget Build-
(Thanks to Ghnami for suggesting this add)

Shako (socket with your choice)
Wizzy (socket with your choice)
35fcr Spirit
Maras
Enigma
Arach
Trang gloves
2x SOJ or 2x BK
Marrowalks or Treks

Inventory:

Necro torch
Anni
PnB gc's (and/or PnB fhr gc's to help hit 86 Fhr)
life sc's ( and/or 5fhr sc(s) to help hit 56 or 86 Fhr)

(You will hit 125fcr with this listed gear, but if you can't afford to hit the FHR bp of 86 don't sweat it too much, at least hit 56 with your spirit+1 5fhr sc)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Dueling Strategies-

-Tactic explanations and basic need-to-knows- (mostly self explanitory)

Dive-Bombing - Tele in unpredictably, lay a nova close enough to opponent, and get out quick.

Cat&Mouse - In most cases you will be the mouse. While they chase you, tele away, lay a nova, tele away, lay a nova.

WSG - (Weapon switch glitch) Rapidly push W over and over, and it will continuously reset your frames (such as Fhr).
Thus allowing you to walk out of situations that get you locked up. (Mindblast being the best example)
WSG out until you're able to tele away to come back for another attack attempt.

The main objective for your dueling is to "dive bomb". Strike and run, wait a few seconds, then determine how you should finish them off based on your opponents build/aggression.
Always sneak in a lower resist, iron maiden, amp, etc etc before you begin with your main attack

For certain opponents, you need to figure out which finishing attack you would like to use safely.
The majority of the time I use Teeth/Bone Spear (close range) or Bone Spirit (long range), but you can also use Fire golem, skele mages (not suggested), or another poison nova if willing to risk being that close.

When it comes to certain problem opponents, throw on whatever swaps accordingly.
Be sure to maintain 125fcr/86fhr.

-----ALWAYS LOWER RESIST/MAIDEN/AMP ACCORDINGLY-----
-----ALWAYS RECAST BONE ARMOR----

Paladins:

Hammerdin------
Not many non-modding hammerdins floating around these days, but they are still beatable regardless. (Auto tp/save+exit = win in my book)

For the ones that charge around laying spam fields, predict their next running path, and tele below them avoiding hammer fields. Try to land a nova, but don't stick around too long. If you don't succeed, tele in the opposite direction of their previous spam field, and repeat that method until you successfully land a nova. A lot of hdins have extreme resistance, so you may need to repeat this a couple times to prepare for the finish. Repeat, and be patient. Bone spirit charging hdins for the finish.

For aggressive name locking Hdins, these can be tough. This will end up a cat and mouse fight. You being the mouse. Keep just out of distance of their name lock, giving out a nova or 2 as they catch up hoping they name lock right into it. If they have you locked, walk slightly south right of their shield giving off a nova if you can, and tele out and away repeating the chase. Use teeth once they are hanging on for dear life, or bone spirit them if they immediately get defensive.

FoH------
Without my LoLo circlet and/or wisps, I can tank about 4 or so of a nice FoH. If you need more time weakening them, throw on your LoLo/wisps. You need to be fast with these guys. Land a nova as soon as you can, even if it means taking 1-2 foh's, then get out of conviction range. Let them bleed out for 2-3 seconds, bone spirit from out of conviction range, and/or throw up a fire golem for close range protection and let him wander while bone spiriting.

Smiter/charger/zealer------
Of course, keep your distance, and don't stop teleing or synch will bite you in the ass. If you don't care, hit them with 2-3 bone prisons, tele just outside of the prison and give off 1-2 novas. You can use whatever finisher you'd like for them in that case really, bone spear is quick but you'll need to be accurate. If you do not want to prison, keep your distance giving off a nova here and there hoping they synch right into it. Teeth or spear them for a quick finish.

Druids:

Ele------
This one will be tough and take some patience. You want to be both aggressive and defensive when going up against a well played Ele.
You do not want them to name-lock you with all of their summons out. South walk and tele out if they stomp you. If you can, cut some of them down with a nova, teething, or fire golem. If they retreat to recast summons, get on them but take caution of spam tornadoes. Name lock them for a nova while they're down on summons, or predict where they will run from you to, and lay a nova there. Use Fire golem/teeth/spear before they recast summons to finish.

Fire------
Kind of the same method with hammerdins. Avoid their fissure fields, don't let them volcano lock you, and don't spend too much time in their armageddon. Dive bomb a Nova, let them bleed out, and finish however you feel is needed according to how offensive/defensive they are.

Shapeshifter------
If need be, prison. Nova from outside of your prison, they should bleed out fairly quick.
Even without prison, they shouldn't catch you. I like to mess with these builds. Spastic teleing close by to get them to chase you giving off novas everywhere, or run from them as they chase you and tele a half screen away giving out a nova and running again. Bleed em out, take em out as you please.

Amazons:

Bowazon------
These will be tricky. Their passives and arrow distancing can ruin a lot of your dive-bomb attempts causing you to take heavy damage. Be quick. Throw on your Ber-Ber circlet if needed for some extra DR. Land a nova as soon as you can and spastic tele in random directions avoiding guided arrows and multi. Bleed out for a few seconds, and dive bomb in with fire golem/teeth/spear, or let them search for you as you lay trains of bone spirits.

Javazon------
Throw on LoLo circ/wisps if needed. Prison if you want if they are non tele. Dive-bomb, bleed out, finish how you please. If they are an offensive telezon, let them chase and do the cat and mouse method, giving off novas as you keep your distance.

Assassins:

Trapsin/Hybsin------
This will be your hardest duel. Between the mind blasts, trap fields, shadow, fade, survival can be tough.
Throw on sorbs accordingly. Keep your distance and try to encourage them to chase you. Cat and mouse giving out novas hoping they catch one. WSG if you get caught in never ending mind blasts, and get away. KEEP YOUR BONE ARMOR ON ALWAYS. MAKE SURE LOWER RESIST IS STILL ACTIVE ON THEM, RECAST IF NOT. If your novas manage to get them hanging by a thread, they will probably go defensive and hope for you to chase them into their trap fields with more mind blasts awaiting you. If you know they're down to nothing, keep your distance with a fire golem up, and spraying bone spirits at them. Good luck

Ghost------
Pretty much the same deal with trapper/hybrids. Good luck

Kicker------
Dive bomb them or cat&mouse depending on their aggression. WSG from mindblasts. Avoid being locked in their WoF if they're using it. Throw on sorbs according to what they're using on you.
Finish as you please, again depending on their aggression.

Necromancers:

Bone------
My favorite duel. They will most likely throw on their NvN setup and spear you to hell with occasional spirits to catch you while you reposition.
Be quick and spastic with your dive bomb, avoiding their spear spams. They have to aim their spear, so try and trick them as to where you're actually going to land to lay your nova.
Once you've landed a nova, retreat and avoid spears bleeding them out for 2-3 seconds. Finish them as you please. I like to give them a chance and spear them back for the kill. :thumbsup:

Summoner------
Follow ele druid strategy.

Poison------
Cat and mouse, will come down to who is quicker and more accurate. Have fun with this one!

Barbarians:
Dive Bomb. Keep your distance and cat&mouse them if they are overly aggressive and well played. Do not stay still. If you stay in close, and they name lock you, you have to time your teleport perfectly and teleport away from them but close enough to see. Lay a Nova or 2 and they should leap/tele or WW right into it. Bleed em out once you've landed, finish as you please.

Sorcs:
Cat and mouse cat and mouse cat and mouse. Most of them will out tele you, they will catch you, and they will hurt you. Use sorbs accordingly. Keep bone armor up. Keep up a fire golem. Place novas as they try to name lock you but get out quick. Es sorcs will bleed out instantly, fire golem will finish them immediately. If for some reason he doesn't, spirit from a distance, or spastic teething will do it.
Vita sorcs may take a bit longer, and require a lot of chasing. Be unpredictable, lay novas fast, and get out even faster.

-Closing-

Remember, this is just a guide. A guide to give you an idea on what to use, and how to use it. You do not have to follow it 100%, so experiment as you please.
This is just what I have experienced, and what works for my playing style. Everyone has their own opinion, playing style, and tactics. Again, this is what works for me.
You will be able to begin dueling on your nova necro in the low 80's if you have all of your skill quests completed. Of course the higher, the better.

Feel free to pm me for duels or if you need any personal advice and help.
I play East Non-Ladder.
Suggestions and your own personal gear setups are always welcome, so don't hesitate to share!

Gold: 124.50
Jan 18 2013 03:21am
Ripped guide.
Jan 18 2013 03:30am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ Jan 18 2013 04:21am)
Ripped guide.

ripped? As in stolen?

Negative.
I spent over 4+ hours putting this together.
and another 2 hours updating it, adding more gear changes, organizing and re-coloring, and updating duel strategies.

This is the final updated draft of my old guide that is currently in the stickies.
Jaypee will replace this with the old when he is available.
Jan 18 2013 03:32am
Quote (00apacolypse @ Jan 18 2013 01:30am)
ripped? As in stolen?

Negative.
I spent over 4+ hours putting this together.
and another 2 hours updating it, adding more gear changes, organizing and re-coloring, and updating duel strategies.

This is the final updated draft of my old guide that is currently in the stickies.
Jaypee will replace this with the old when he is available.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65821356&f=87
Exposed.
Jan 18 2013 03:33am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ Jan 18 2013 04:32am)

You got me :thumbsup:
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2013 03:42am
excellent guide. i will build one soon based on your setup but with Coa.. :)

Aldur's boots also a good option @op !

This post was edited by avinir on Jan 18 2013 03:48am
Jan 18 2013 04:12am
Yeah, It's a good guide though. I liked how you changed the sections/titles from red to orange. Makes it look a lot less generic than that typical blue/red combo most people use.
The presentability on this is amazing. I also enjoyed the enlarged text, makes it much less straining to read. Only thing I did not like is the ohm/ohm 3/20fcr circ.
Doesn't really do anything if you aren't hitting max res anyway. Imo res>stack and sorb.

This post was edited by Nunchakulee321 on Jan 18 2013 04:12am
Jan 18 2013 04:29am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ Jan 18 2013 05:12am)
Yeah, It's a good guide though. I liked how you changed the sections/titles from red to orange. Makes it look a lot less generic than that typical blue/red combo most people use.
The presentability on this is amazing. I also enjoyed the enlarged text, makes it much less straining to read. Only thing I did not like is the ohm/ohm 3/20fcr circ.
Doesn't really do anything if you aren't hitting max res anyway. Imo res>stack and sorb.

Appreciate the feedback man.
As for the oh/ohm circ, I already hit maxed out resistances with my setup so it's extra in my case.
I'll post up my necro one of these days after I upgrade a few items.

and yeah, I spent a lot of time on the presentation.
There's a lot of text, so I wanted to make it was easy to read and as organized as possible.
I don't know what skin/background you use, but for mine, it looks beautiful and it's easy to see. :thumbsup:

This post was edited by 00apacolypse on Jan 18 2013 04:30am
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 18 2013 05:21am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ 18 Jan 2013 11:12)

this.
U cant hit 250+ cold stack with your setup so 2x 30-40cold resi jwls instead of double ohm is the way to go.

Another thing is even double ber'd circlett doesn;t provide enought survivability vs zons, pals, barbs and drus ,especially if we add very low life poll (im curious how its possible that u dont hit at least 3,3k life... do u use life skillers at all?)
If u can, edit that guide and add coa berber (or ber/Jah if u feel that 46dr is enought) + dungo setup (20fcr amy + 10fcr/str ring will be needed to hit 125fcr along with hoto).

I luv that orange colour of layout... it makes me feel like eating a peach while reading this text, but proper one would be light-green, dont u think?;)

All in all its very good guide and I'm glad that someone at least dared to wirte one (Im too lazy to do that myself;O) cuz S&G@jsp section has missed that one for a long long time:)
I like that u pointed out all those important things like using clay fatty through the whole duel but switching to fire one when opponent's bleeded out to 1 hp, etc.

Btw - It would be even more awesome if u would add such table of tested dmg vs common builds, cuz the amount of nova to be casted vs certain opponents determins the tactic and the setup!
For example if the dmg setup (28 dr double bered circlett) bleeds out common 8k life bvc in 1 shot than switching to coaberber dr setup which bleeds him out in 2-3 shots than the dmg setup is much better.
Also if 2 novas of hoto setup bleeds out common 5k life hammerdin that changes the tactic drasticly compared to dweb -1 shot setup!
Those are just the examples but confirmed infomation in tactic section of how many novas u need to land to leave particular build with 1 hp would help A LOT!
Gold: 1,000.22
Jan 18 2013 05:26am
:thumbsup:
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll