d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official St. Louis Blues Fan Thread
Prev1253254255256257351Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Apr 7 2018 11:01pm
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 7 2018 11:59pm)
lol i'd take 1a/1b goalie situation over 2a/2b situation :rofl:

you guys suck though (minus boeser).

the blues are wasting the primes of their best players by continually doing this.
Gold: 17,801.00
Apr 7 2018 11:06pm
Quote (Genetics @ Apr 7 2018 09:58pm)
disappointing. the blues have no one to blame but themselves.

down the stretch there, they had a road game in phoenix followed by home games against washington and chicago, each of which had nothing to play for. the blues needed 1 pt out of those 3 games, and they got none.

pietrangelo should be a norris candidate. without him, our defense is useless. parayko is a hell of a defensive wizard, but god damn he needs to take the next step with his offensive game. dunn on the other hand, hes the opposite.

brodziak had a hell of a season. i doubt hes back with the blues next year though. schenn, schwartz, and tarasenko are fine. berglund is meh, and sobotka was absolutely horrible this year. between him and allen, they were the biggest disappointments.

this 1a/1b goalie shit doesnt fly. its too much pressure on the goalies. no good teams rely on 2 goalies. figure it the fuck out, but imo allen isnt the guy. i dont know if his contract can be moved, but if so he needs to go. the inconsistencies are too much to handle.

the blues have a few big name prospects that could change this team next year. heres to hoping one or two pan out.

#1 priorty; tavares. theres no telling if he has any interest in coming here. if he does though, give him a blank check. a backup plan is needed in case he doesnt come here though.

our GM has some work to do this offseason. were more than 1 piece from stanley cup caliber. our top 6 needs major work and our depth let us down big time this year.

and on a finishing note, i would like to say that the nhl can eat a dick this year. between the horrible goalie interference not called against boston earlier this year, to the two goals the blues scored that werent overturned even though you could see white between the puck and goal line, to the pathetic missed call on offsides against the avs, the blues got zero breaks from the shotty review the nhl conducts on a nightly basis. i used to be able to say the nhls refereeing and review process is the best of the major sports, but i cant say that anymore. the last few years make that clear as day.

congrats avs, you were the better team and you deserve to move on. i still hope your owner walks himself into oncoming traffic while simultaneously burning to death though.

Everyone is going to take a run at Tavares. If it gets to that point there will be at least half a dozen teams that will throw a blank cheque at him.

Any team who is counting on Tavares joining them is in deep shit. He may not even hit the market.

At least STL made a push after being seen as sellers at the deadline. Think they will make it back next year.

There are too many good teams in the West right now. Even if a team is decent drastic changes have to be made just to compete.

Realistically I see STL making the playoffs next year, but not getting far based on a lot of the points you brought up.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Apr 7 2018 11:07pm
Apr 7 2018 11:17pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Apr 8 2018 12:06am)
Everyone is going to take a run at Tavares. If it gets to that point there will be at least half a dozen teams that will throw a blank cheque at him.

Any team who is counting on Tavares joining them is in deep shit. He may not even hit the market.

At least STL made a push after being seen as sellers at the deadline. Think they will make it back next year.

There are too many good teams in the West right now. Even if a team is decent drastic changes have to be made just to compete.

Realistically I see STL making the playoffs next year, but not getting far based on a lot of the points you brought up.

i expect big changes this offseason.

ill probably be left disappointed, but i expect big changes.

i dont think there are that many landing spots for tavares, that have the cap space and need for a top line center signed for 7yrs at a really high cap hit and arent rebuilding.

i can think of like 5 honestly.

This post was edited by Genetics on Apr 7 2018 11:18pm
Apr 8 2018 06:50am
sounds like a pretty significant injury to tarasenko. yeo said its longterm and he was seen in a sling after the game. sucks we got all of 2min with our best player last night.

also apparently allen pulled his hammy. and stayed in after pulling it.
Gold: 3,277.66
Apr 8 2018 09:41am
Quote (Genetics @ Apr 8 2018 06:50am)
sounds like a pretty significant injury to tarasenko. yeo said its longterm and he was seen in a sling after the game. sucks we got all of 2min with our best player last night.

also apparently allen pulled his hammy. and stayed in after pulling it.

Carter hutton is better than an injured player.

Bad call by coach to let him keep playing
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2018 09:49am
Quote (kclla @ 8 Apr 2018 10:41)
Carter hutton is better than an injured player.

Bad call by coach to let him keep playing

I think Allen told him that he was fine.

Still played an amazing game
Gold: 7,271.48
Apr 8 2018 10:06am
Quote (Genetics @ Apr 7 2018 11:17pm)
i expect big changes this offseason.

ill probably be left disappointed, but i expect big changes.

i dont think there are that many landing spots for tavares, that have the cap space and need for a top line center signed for 7yrs at a really high cap hit and arent rebuilding.

i can think of like 5 honestly.

Stl, vegas, mon?, nj? Car?
Apr 8 2018 10:24am
Quote (remco6 @ Apr 8 2018 11:06am)
Stl, vegas, mon?, nj? Car?

stl, vegas, sj, car, nj, nyi

can montreal fit him in their cap and still convince him they can ice a legit contender?
Apr 8 2018 10:25am
Quote (Pens @ Apr 8 2018 10:49am)
I think Allen told him that he was fine.

Still played an amazing game

allen was alright last night. i know hes capable of outstanding play.

problem is its only half the time hes legit. he has been one of the leagues worst starting goalies in the last 2 yrs and ill dig some numbers up to prove it.
Apr 8 2018 11:46am
For the 2017-18 season, here are the goaltender statistics for the St. Louis Blues:

Allen: 55 starts, 27-24 record, 2.74 GAA, .906 save %, 1 shutout.

Hutton: 25 starts, 16-7 record, 2.13 GAA, .930 save %, 3 shutouts.

i cant find some stats i saw earlier this week, but i remember it being something along the lines of allen being ranked 59th out of 61 qualified starters over the last 2 yrs in a bunch of different adjusted save percentages.

im hoping i find it.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1253254255256257351Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll