d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Karhun > The Bear's Walk Through Sanctuary
Prev13456732Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 822.00
Nov 25 2012 04:08pm
Quote (Flame-Masta @ 25 Nov 2012 19:55)
Oh and going back to this...I'm pretty sure TitanSeal's calculator is wrong...off weapon IAS does not affect attack speed at all when in werebear form.  I can't find an extremely credible link to prove this, but for as long as I've played this has seemed to be common knowledge (...)

I am interested in evidence, or credible references at the very least, when you are challenging what is widely regarded as the most reputable attack speed calculator.

The best evidence I can remember is the fact that Assassin's in bear form can hit the highest attack speed with a jewelers GTalon of quickness, which wouldn't make sense if off weapon ias counted.

One carefully chosen example does not prove that IAS from outside the weapon has no effect on wereform attack speed in general.
Not only is the class different, but GT is an even faster base [-30] than the knife and sword mentioned in this thread up until this point.

You are correct that an Assassin Werebear equipped with said GT (+100% weapon-IAS from suffix ''of Quickness'' and 3 x Shael Rune) as her primary weapon reaches 3 frames per attack (8.33 attacks per second).
If you fancy plugging the information into TitanSeal's calculator, it will tell you just that, and it will also show you that in this case any IAS from outside the primary weapon would be redundant.

As for the cleglaws, the set bonus counts as weapon ias and therefore does not help my attack speed, which is actually proven by the fact that my attack speed does not change when I take off the shield or gloves to lose that ias.

This contradicts your previous statement that the IAS bonus didn't help you at all.
If we assume for a moment that it counts as weapon-IAS, then it should make an even more noticeable difference to your Druid Werebear attack speed than just the 2 frames (from 18 to 16) which I mentioned earlier.

Running the numbers in TitanSeal's calculator (figuring in the +20% IAS set bonus as weapon-IAS) returns the following:

Character: Druid
Wereform: Werebear
Primary Weapon: Long Sword
Skill: Standard
IAS: 0
Weapon-IAS: 20

13 frames per attack
1.92 attacks per second

This is to be compared to 18 frames (1.38 attacks per second) without any IAS anywhere, and 16 frames (1.56 attacks per second) with +20% IAS from outside the weapon.

A difference this large is certainly visible in practice, but you already said it did not help at all, and yet now you claim it does (counting the IAS bonus as weapon-IAS).
The way I see it, you simply need to make up your mind.

It is possible that a difference of 2 frames (from 18 to 16 frames is a 13% increase in attack speed) might be a trifle difficult to see.
A difference of 5 frames (from 18 to 13 frames is a 38% increase in attack speed) would be immediately apparent, however.

This post was edited by Eywa on Nov 25 2012 04:25pm
Gold: 1,003.00
Nov 25 2012 04:25pm
Nice progress Flame!

For the record I'm also quite sure only weapon IAS and it's base wsm affects Wearbear attack speed. Demon Crossbow should be an optimal choice. But my info could definately be outdated, I'm not quite sure :)

Gold: 1.00
Nov 26 2012 03:54pm
@ Eywa, I made a mistake when I wrote that it counts as weapon ias....that was the complete opposite of what I meant...Not sure why you're getting so worked up about this, just stating what I, as with others(just google the matter, or look at guides and you will notice that most agree with what I'm saying), have believed to be the truth of how attack speed works in werebear form. I'm done discussing the matter though, and I will continue to plan my bear with the knowledge I believe to be true.

Quote (sebhehe @ Nov 25 2012 06:25pm)
Nice progress Flame!

For the record I'm also quite sure only weapon IAS and it's base wsm affects Wearbear attack speed. Demon Crossbow should be an optimal choice. But my info could definately be outdated, I'm not quite sure :)

Thanks man, about to catch up on your progress as well...kinda scared to see where you're at already...
Nov 26 2012 04:36pm
So went through the Chaos Sanctuary and took on Big D

Nov 26 2012 04:37pm

And then came Diablo...

WHY COULDN'T THAT HAVE BEEN A WEREBEAR SKILL AND NOT WEREWOLF!!!
Gold: 822.00
Nov 26 2012 05:06pm
Quote (Flame-Masta @ 26 Nov 2012 22:54)
@ Eywa, I made a mistake when I wrote that it counts as weapon ias....that was the complete opposite of what I meant...Not sure why you're getting so worked up about this, just stating what I, as with others(just google the matter, or look at guides and you will notice that most agree with what I'm saying), have believed to be the truth of how attack speed works in werebear form.  I'm done discussing the matter though, and I will continue to plan my bear with the knowledge I believe to be true.

Hopefully no one is getting worked up. I wanted you to realise that I have a genuine reason to question your knowledge when you gainsay TitanSeal without offering any data or credible references.

But GL with your character.

This post was edited by Eywa on Nov 26 2012 05:09pm
Nov 26 2012 06:09pm
Missed pick of Shenk...he dropped this though...tossed...

Then Eldritch...

Exp is damn nice from Eldritch, will probably run him til I get Fire Claws Maxed, which will be 4 levels i think
Nov 26 2012 06:11pm
Realized I didn't get wp when I went to rerun Eldritch so I had to walk through Bloody again. Worked out though cause found these right off the bat

Then got my first amn

Nov 26 2012 06:26pm
So it seems Eywa may be right......The common knowledge I knew was based on the fact that when reaching high attack speed rates the off weapon ias is actually ineffective, but when looking at the charts on this guys page, you can see that when weapon ias is really low, off weapon ias does actually change your attack speed...I will be paying more attention to my in game attack speed just because this is very curious to me.

http://home.comcast.net/~thedragoon/werebear/weapons.html

So yeah, sorry Eywa...
Gold: 30.00
Nov 26 2012 06:39pm
Nice one, I will track this!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev13456732Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll