d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > D3 Archives > SC Americas 2012+ >
FT
> #1 Mara's In Game 10cc/100cd/580loh/63ar/8 Dogs > Part 1 Http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php
Prev14567Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Nov 9 2012 08:14pm
Quote (evokejokes @ Nov 9 2012 05:54pm)
lol slam

10/10 for truth

Community outreach, you should try it sometime.

Do post on the WD forum with whatever the end result is. If you haven't been following the thread, I have no interest in this beyond it's comedic value and educational opportunity.
Gold: 10,105.00
Nov 9 2012 08:33pm
Quote (PHDWDoctor @ Nov 9 2012 08:14pm)
Community outreach, you should try it sometime.

Do post on the WD forum with whatever the end result is. If you haven't been following the thread, I have no interest in this beyond it's comedic value and educational opportunity.

in your attempt to sound proper you jewed yourself by putting an apostrophe in "its" where an apostrophe was not called for

10/10 for self-destruction
Gold: 3,155.30
Nov 9 2012 09:10pm
So, I couldn't quit wondering and decided I wanted to actually do the math on the chances of a mara rolling perf crit, perf CD, perf to any useful skill (not specifically dogs), and high on another useful stat (LOH in this case, but will allow for other main stats, main \ vit, dmg, IAS, or % life as well)

I am assuming that legendaries follow the same prefix \ suffix rules are rares, but I could be incorrect in thinking this, and I am not completely sure what mara's + to each stat would be considered. I am guessing it all counts as one giant suffix, as that is the only way the 3:3 prefix:suffix ratio works.. The skill bonus would be a suffix, and AR is a prefix.

That leave 2 prefix and 1 suffixes for the random rolls. This explains why you do not see Mara's with CC, CD, and Attack speed as well. Those are all prefixes, so it can only have 2 of the 3 (thats also why trifecta items are so rare to begin with. It isn't because you have to roll those 3 out of 6 rolls, as many people think, it is rolling those 3 out of 3 rolls)

This math won't be perfect, as it has been a very long time since I actually did any of this, and I'm sure I'll screw things up, but it should give a decent idea.

First it needs to get the top level crit chance or crit damage prefixes. There are a total of 224 possible prefixs, but 5 are eliminated because of the AR roll it starts with, that a max level ammy can roll, so landing this specific one is 1 in 219, but since either will work it is 2/219. So a 1 in 109.5 chance of rolling the highest suffix for crit damage or crit chance.

Then, the second prefix must be the other (CC if the first was CD, or CD if the first was CC), so 1 in 219 for it to roll that.

Then, to roll the max CC is 1 in 3 (top prefix is 9-10%, but includes 9.5% as well)

To roll 100% CD it is 1 in 34 (66-100% for top prefix)

Now the suffix. There are 410 suffixes, but the skill is there, that will eliminate 300 of them (yes, there are 300 different suffixes for +to skills), so we are left with 110 suffixes. Out of those, I consider LOH, damage (xx-xx), or pure int to be the best. Life % and Int\Vit are prefixes. This LOH is the 2nd tier LOH roll, so I'll equate it to 2nd tier or greater dmg or pure int as well. That is 6 out of 110, or 1 in 18.33 will roll a good suffix with a 2nd tier or better quality.

Then the perfect dogs. It would be unfair to make that just for dogs, so, there are 58 random rolls for skills on a Mara's. Each class has 3 or so that are good for it, and the others are pretty garbage. I can't get an exact number, because I do not know every class and every build well enough to see which skills are great and which would be meh.

So, 15 out of 58. 1 out of 3.8 rolls will have a decent skill.

Then, on average, the roll for perfect is 1 in 7. For some skills it is as much as 1 in 9, and others as low as 1 in 5, so I'll just go down the middle (dogs itself is 1-8).

So, (1/109.5)(1/219)(1/3)(1/34)(1/18.33)(1/3.8)(1/7) = 1 in 1,192,621,151

This item is literally 1 in a billion. Only 1 in 1 billion Mara's that are ID'd will roll perfect CC, perfect CD, a perfect good skill, and a decent last stat.

Even if you completely take the skill itself out of it, and determine how often a Mara will roll perfect CC and perfect CD with a decent 3rd skill roll it is still 1 in 44,835,381. I do not think that many Mara's even exist. I would be surprised if more than a million Mara's had even dropped since 1.04 changed it. Really, by the odds, this item shouldn't exist. He didn't just get lucky that it dropped...the fact that this item like this has dropped for anyone was not even likely. Chances are, no other one will ever drop again :D

Please, correct my math if I am doing it wrong. It really has been a very long time. And sorry to fill your page with this, but I just nerded out on this hard.

Edit:
So, someone pointed out to me that rare items can roll 6 prefixes or 6 suffixes. It is not limited any more (I am pretty sure it was early in the game...).

But, that is not true for Mara's, and probably other legendaries.

If you do not believe me, go search for a Mara's with CC, CD and any of the following (can leave the amount blank. they just wont roll together). Phys\Fire\Any Resist, Gold Find, Magic Find, Attack Speed, Sockets, or Life %. There are others, but that should be enough to prove it.

This post was edited by Large_Intestine on Nov 9 2012 09:32pm
Nov 9 2012 09:22pm
Rofl this is hilarious. I'm glad I randomly checked out the popular topics from the d3 homepage
Gold: 10,105.00
Nov 9 2012 09:23pm
Quote (Large_Intestine @ Nov 9 2012 09:10pm)
So, I couldn't quit wondering and decided I wanted to actually do the math on the chances of a mara rolling perf crit, perf CD, perf to any useful skill (not specifically dogs), and high on another useful stat (LOH in this case, but will allow for other main stats, main \ vit, dmg, IAS, or % life as well)

I am assuming that legendaries follow the same prefix \ suffix rules are rares, but I could be incorrect in thinking this, and I am not completely sure what mara's + to each stat would be considered.  I am guessing it all counts as one giant suffix, as that is the only way the 3:3 prefix:suffix ratio works..  The skill bonus would be a suffix, and AR is a prefix.

That leave 2 prefix and 1 suffixes for the random rolls.  This explains why you do not see Mara's with CC, CD, and Attack speed as well.  Those are all prefixes, so it can only have 2 of the 3 (thats also why trifecta items are so rare to begin with.  It isn't because you have to roll those 3 out of 6 rolls, as many people think, it is rolling those 3 out of 3 rolls)

This math won't be perfect, as it has been a very long time since I actually did any of this, and I'm sure I'll screw things up, but it should give a decent idea.

First it needs to get the top level crit chance or crit damage prefixes.  There are a total of 224 possible prefixs, but 5 are eliminated because of the AR roll it starts with, that a max level ammy can roll, so landing this specific one is 1 in 219, but since either will work it is 2/219.  So a 1 in 109.5 chance of rolling the highest suffix for crit damage or crit chance.

Then, the second prefix must be the other (CC if the first was CD, or CD if the first was CC), so 1 in 219 for it to roll that.

Then, to roll the max CC is 1 in 3 (top prefix is 9-10%, but includes 9.5% as well)

Now the suffix.  There are 410 suffixes, but the skill is there, that will eliminate 300 of them (yes, there are 300 different suffixes for +to skills), so we are left with 110 suffixes.  Out of those, I consider LOH, damage (xx-xx), or pure int to be the best.  Life % and Int\Vit are prefixes.  This LOH is the 2nd tier LOH roll, so I'll equate it to 2nd tier or greater dmg or pure int as well.  That is 6 out of 110, or 1 in 18.33 will roll a good suffix with a 2nd tier or better quality.

Then the perfect dogs.  It would be unfair to make that just for dogs, so, there are 58 random rolls for skills on a Mara's.  Each class has 3 or so that are good for it, and the others are pretty garbage.  I can't get an exact number, because I do not know every class and every build well enough to see which skills are great and which would be meh.

So, 15 out of 58.  1 out of 3.8 rolls will have a decent skill.

Then, on average, the roll for perfect is 1 in 7.  For some skills it is as much as 1 in 9, and others as low as 1 in 5, so I'll just go down the middle (dogs itself is 1-8).

This item is literally 1 in a billion.  Only 1 in 1 billion Mara's that are ID'd will roll perfect CC, perfect CD, a perfect good skill, and a decent last stat.

Even if you completely take the skill itself out of it, and determine how often a Mara will roll perfect CC and perfect CD with a decent 3rd skill roll it is still 1 in 44,835,381.  I do not think that many Mara's even exist.  I would be surprised if more than a million Mara's had even dropped since 1.04 changed it.  Really, by the odds, this item shouldn't exist.  He didn't just get lucky that it dropped...the fact that this item like this has dropped for anyone was not even likely.  Chances are, no other one will ever drop again  :D

Please, correct my math if I am doing it wrong.  It really has been a very long time. And sorry to fill your page with this, but I just nerded out on this hard.

holy god almighty
Nov 9 2012 09:33pm
Quote (Large_Intestine @ Nov 9 2012 07:10pm)

I am assuming that legendaries follow the same prefix \ suffix rules are rares, but I could be incorrect in thinking this, and I am not completely sure what mara's + to each stat would be considered.  I am guessing it all counts as one giant suffix, as that is the only way the 3:3 prefix:suffix ratio works..  The skill bonus would be a suffix, and AR is a prefix.

That leave 2 prefix and 1 suffixes for the random rolls.  This explains why you do not see Mara's with CC, CD, and Attack speed as well.  Those are all prefixes, so it can only have 2 of the 3 (thats also why trifecta items are so rare to begin with.  It isn't because you have to roll those 3 out of 6 rolls, as many people think, it is rolling those 3 out of 3 rolls)

First it needs to get the top level crit chance or crit damage prefixes.  There are a total of 224 possible prefixs, but 5 are eliminated because of the AR roll it starts with, that a max level ammy can roll, so landing this specific one is 1 in 219, but since either will work it is 2/219.  So a 1 in 109.5 chance of rolling the highest suffix for crit damage or crit chance.

Now the suffix.  There are 410 suffixes, but the skill is there, that will eliminate 300 of them (yes, there are 300 different suffixes for +to skills), so we are left with 110 suffixes.  Out of those, I consider LOH, damage (xx-xx), or pure int to be the best.  Life % and Int\Vit are prefixes.  This LOH is the 2nd tier LOH roll, so I'll equate it to 2nd tier or greater dmg or pure int as well.  That is 6 out of 110, or 1 in 18.33 will roll a good suffix with a 2nd tier or better quality.

Then the perfect dogs.  It would be unfair to make that just for dogs, so, there are 58 random rolls for skills on a Mara's.  Each class has 3 or so that are good for it, and the others are pretty garbage.  I can't get an exact number, because I do not know every class and every build well enough to see which skills are great and which would be meh.

So, 15 out of 58.  1 out of 3.8 rolls will have a decent skill.

Then, on average, the roll for perfect is 1 in 7.  For some skills it is as much as 1 in 9, and others as low as 1 in 5, so I'll just go down the middle (dogs itself is 1-8).

This item is literally 1 in a billion.  Only 1 in 1 billion Mara's that are ID'd will roll perfect CC, perfect CD, a perfect good skill, and a decent last stat.

Even if you completely take the skill itself out of it, and determine how often a Mara will roll perfect CC and perfect CD with a decent 3rd skill roll it is still 1 in 44,835,381.  I do not think that many Mara's even exist.  I would be surprised if more than a million Mara's had even dropped since 1.04 changed it.  Really, by the odds, this item shouldn't exist.  He didn't just get lucky that it dropped...the fact that this item like this has dropped for anyone was not even likely.  Chances are, no other one will ever drop again  :D

Please, correct my math if I am doing it wrong.  It really has been a very long time. And sorry to fill your page with this, but I just nerded out on this hard.

Edit:
So, someone pointed out to me that rare items can roll 6 prefixes or 6 suffixes.  It is not limited any more (I am pretty sure it was early in the game...).

But, that is not true for Mara's, and probably other legendaries.

If you do not believe me, go search for a Mara's with CC, CD and any of the following (can leave the amount blank.  they just wont roll together).  Phys\Fire\Any Resist, Gold Find, Magic Find, Attack Speed, Sockets, or Life %.  There are others, but that should be enough to prove it.

A sane reply from a questionable character on the topic of ZD dog reduction.

All of your math is correct, however a player should not be duped into collecting an item for the sake of rarity without the proper information.
This mara is below the max dps output for the build it is intended for. The build is capped at the ~200k DPS barrier no matter how you spin it. You can get more dps for the purpose of this build taking my advice and by avoiding this mara above 500 million. That is all.

SO if you are not going to use it for the build above 500m, as a stand alone unit - you as a barbarian are telling potential noob WDs to forgo a well priced Tal Rasha for this?

Ya something fishy here. Whats your cut in this?

This post was edited by PHDWDoctor on Nov 9 2012 09:43pm
Gold: 3,155.30
Nov 9 2012 09:45pm
Quote (PHDWDoctor @ Nov 9 2012 09:33pm)
A sane reply from a questionable character on the topic of ZD dog reduction.

All of your math is correct, however a player should not be duped into collecting an item for the sake of rarity without the proper information.
This mara is below the max dps output for the build it is intended for. The build is capped at the ~200k DPS barrier no matter how you spin it. You can get more dps for the purpose of this build taking my advice and by avoiding this mara above 500 million. That is all.

DPS is not everything...

I can get a Witching Hour with 150 strength for 20 mil, but if I want one with 50+ all resist, I'm going to pay 40 or 50 mil at the minimum, regardless of the other rolls.

I can get a nice IK belt with 150+ str and weapon throw reduction for under a mil, but if I get any vit with it I'm going to pay closer to 10 at the low end.

These are low end examples, but it gets more and more extreme as you go higher. The more a single item gives you, the more it is worth. If you are missing out on some int on this Mara's, but you have the AR you would not have had otherwise, AND you have the dogs, you can now ignore both of those on another item (or one each on two other items) and have the same result.

That is kinda how D3 works. The more you can get on one single item, the more that item is worth, because it allows you to exchange in other slots to push the stats you want higher.

Edit: Here is a perfect example for this. In order to use a the WD dogs build, you have to use one of 3 combos. Editing so I don't push this to close faster.

#1 SOJ, Skull Grasp, Homun

#2 SOJ (or Skull Grasp), Homun, Zun helm

#3 SOJ (or Skull Grasp), Homun, Mara

In #1, you can use a Mempo, to get CC and IAS, and Skull Grasp with CC and IAS, then a CC \ CD necklace, or trifecta ammy, whatever you want, but you are only getting a MAXIMUM, with PERFECT rolls on everything of 16% CC, 100% CD, and 25% IAS.

In #2 you can use no Mempo, but can use a SOJ, which is going to be better than the Skull Grasp overall, and a trifecta ammy, but that puts you at a max of 10% CC, 100% CD, and 10% IAS

In #3 you can use a Mempo, and a SOJ with a trifecta ring. This is going to give you the bonus of the SOJ (crazy elite dmg, % dmg, mana regen, etc), as well as put you at a max of 22% CC, 150% CD, and 18% IAS.

#1 does give 7% more IAS, but you sacrifice 6% CC and 50% CD vs #3, which will far outweigh it. On top of that you are gaining the AR from Maras, and can find a trifecta with more int than a skull to make up the difference, or one with good int, AR, and maybe even + damage. Health, DPS, and overall survivability will all be higher with #3 if done correctly.

This post was edited by Large_Intestine on Nov 9 2012 10:06pm
Gold: 11,457.01
Nov 9 2012 10:09pm
Quote (Salad @ Nov 9 2012 04:15pm)
This forum fucking sucks dude. Almost everyone on here is a douche bag asshole. Welcome to hell

lol are you the pot or the kettle?
Gold: 55,366.00
Nov 9 2012 10:13pm
Quote (forbattlenet @ Nov 10 2012 12:09am)
lol are you the pot or the kettle?

snap
Gold: 6,150.31
Nov 9 2012 10:21pm
wut the fck
Go Back To SC Americas 2012+ Topic List
Prev14567Next
Closed New Topic