d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Hybrid Runewords Explained > Since Nobody Seems To Understand Them
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,963.38
Aug 24 2012 01:22pm
These have been around for awhile, but there seems to be some confusion on what they are exactly. Hopefully this can clear it up for some people.

Q: What is a hybrid runeword?

A: A hybrid runeword is a runeword glitched to have the runes of another runeword in it instead. I will use the common "enigma of peace" runeword as an example:

Q: How does the naming scheme work?

A: The first RW name is the original runeword, the second is the one it has the runes of. As you can see above, we have an enigma with the runes from peace, thus "enigma of peace"

Q: So what mods do you gain, and what do you loose?

A: You will loose any rune bonuses of the original runeword, and gain the rune bonuses from the second runeword. You will NOT gain any stats from the actual second runeword, only from the runes.

Using the enigma of peace as an example, we see a normal engima would have:

+2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport
+750-775 Defense (varies)
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +0-74 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5% (Given by Jah in armor, NOT from runeword)
Damage Reduced By 8% (Given by BER in armor, NOT from runeword

+14 Life After Each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana (Given by ITH in armor, NOT from runeword
+ (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

When this is made into an enigma of peace, we loose the bonus from the jah,ith, and ber, since they are no longer in the armor. However, we gain the bonus from shael thul amn, making it:

+2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport
+750-775 Defense (varies)
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +0-74 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
Cold Resist +30% (Given by Thul in armor)
20% Faster Hit Recovery (Given by SHAEL in armor

+14 Life After Each Kill
Attacker Takes Damage of 14 (Given by AMN)
+ (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

Q: What level and name will the armor have?

The armor will have the name of the second runeword, and the level requirements equal to the highest out of the final pieces. In this case, shael has the highest level req at 29, so you can use it at level 29.

Q: Can I make Enigma of Treachery and get 45 IAS with teleport?

No. Remember, you only get bonus from the added runes, and not the second runeword. Enigma of treachery would be similar to Enimga of peace, with GF instead of damage from attackers. The LEM will give it a higher level requirement, so I don't see why anyone would make it.

Q: HOW DO U MAYKE?!?!

If I knew I would be rolling in FG. Or keeping it secret so the market doesn't get flooded.
Gold: 663.54
Aug 24 2012 10:02pm
good post. will be helpful for noobs. :)
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll