d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Zombie Dogs Spammer!
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 529.00
Aug 23 2012 02:54am
There we go.. mass theory.

And yes this is OP and shoud get nerfed. Next... (I am a WD, always been)

And to those who cry abou VQ nerf... seriously... get some skill, WD is 10x better now.
Gold: 900.00
Aug 23 2012 04:27am
Would like to see it in action, but I don't think it's close to OP.
I'm sure they had that build in mind as a fun build when they created those new legendaries. With them you will have half the screen DPS of other WDs at best. Alternating between casting dogs and Sacrifice will lower your DPS even more.

It will work pretty nicely but not better than other builds -> fun build, not OP.
Gold: 0.60
Aug 23 2012 04:30am
He's amazing, He can tank everything. The problem is his low dps (5k i think), but if u can spend a lot of money in it, will be OP.
Gold: 5,513.50
Aug 23 2012 09:03am
just tried this spec this is awesome but i get only 180k crits.. wonder how i can further increase dmg
Gold: 5,513.50
Aug 23 2012 09:52am
Obviously you need -6 sec head and -19~ sec from homu, this leave us with => Tribal rites 33,75 sec ZD CD, -25 => 8,75 CD. Wich is okay.

Mana is a non-issue i suggest primary is either splinters or firebomb, wich means we dont need any manaregen at all.

This leads us to weapon of choice. Since we dont care about mana a WD knife is useless due to its high APS, wich will furhter decrease the weapons base dmg, so this leads to either a Centurion Spear or a Demolisher for mainhand.
To futher abuse sacrifice we will in best case scenario have socket and CHD in base. of it with as high weapondmg as possible.

Crit should come from= rings, amulet, bracer (since homu cant spawn with crit this has to be compensated) and gloves. => 4x2+8,5+6+10, BIS for this is Visage of guya with an additional 6% crit (this will also need -6 ZD)wich will put us up to 40% total crit.

If possible should also include life on kill, to increase survivability when you sacrifice your dogs.

SW is obv mandatory in my opinion, and i guess the heal is what we are looking for since extra 1 sec is "useless" when you got tanks around for you.

Final words= i dont think this spec is "imba" its just like any other spec wich aoe for mass dmg.

This post was edited by UDErik2 on Aug 23 2012 10:14am
Gold: 4,444.00
Aug 23 2012 10:40am
It'll cost you a fortune but there are 5 Legendaries (as far as I can tell with a quick bit of research) that reduce the summon timer of Zombie Dogs

Homunculus: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/homunculus 10-20 seconds
SoJ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan 1-8 seconds
Skull Grasp: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/skull-grasp 1-7 seconds
Mara's: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maras-kaleidoscope 1-8 seconds
Visage of Giyua: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/visage-of-giyua 1-9 seconds

So with all five you'd have anywhere from 14-52seconds off the summon. Somewhere in the middle, lets say the average of 33 puts you at a cooldown of 12seconds and lets say blizz calcs the 25% off from Tribal rights after the time reduction from gear (I don't know if it's before or after) you'd be at 9seconds. Now if you are summoning then exploding 3 in a row, plus the time it takes the grasp, with all the other abils that potentially res a new dog, I think you could almost spam explode non stop with the occasional resummon of dogs when you hit 0.

This build with the right (very expensive) gear could be redonc.

EDIT: hell with a high time reduction from enough of this gear you could have Pierce the Veil instead of Tribal Rights, meaning you'll hit even harder...

This post was edited by xis10ce on Aug 23 2012 10:45am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2012 10:54am
Quote (Silence[px] @ 23 Aug 2012 04:27)
Would like to see it in action, but I don't think it's close to OP.
I'm sure they had that build in mind as a fun build when they created those new legendaries. With them you will have half the screen DPS of other WDs at best. Alternating between casting dogs and Sacrifice will lower your DPS even more.

It will work pretty nicely but not better than other builds -> fun build, not OP.

Screen DPS? Because that's all that matters right.
I seriously have no idea how I continously forget how dumb this community is on JSP.

Quote (UDErik2 @ 23 Aug 2012 09:52)
Obviously you need -6 sec head and -19~ sec from homu, this leave us with => Tribal rites 33,75 sec ZD CD, -25 => 8,75 CD. Wich is okay.

Mana is a non-issue i suggest primary is either splinters or firebomb, wich means we dont need any manaregen at all.

This leads us to weapon of choice. Since we dont care about mana a WD knife is useless due to its high APS, wich will furhter decrease the weapons base dmg, so this leads to either a Centurion Spear or a Demolisher for mainhand.
To futher abuse sacrifice we will in best case scenario have socket and CHD in base. of it with as high weapondmg as possible.

Crit should come from= rings, amulet, bracer (since homu cant spawn with crit this has to be compensated) and gloves. => 4x2+8,5+6+10, BIS for this is Visage of guya with an additional 6% crit (this will also need -6 ZD)wich will put us up to 40% total crit.

If possible should also include life on kill, to increase survivability when you sacrifice your dogs.

SW is obv mandatory in my opinion, and i guess the heal is what we are looking for since extra 1 sec is "useless" when you got tanks around for you.

Final words= i dont think this spec is "imba" its just like any other spec wich aoe for mass dmg.

Mana if you're using a 5th ability that will require you to compensate for lack of mana passives, otherwise Jaunt for more mobility/time to execute 5 stack Soul Harvest. (SW Rune)

Quote (Shinex @ 23 Aug 2012 02:54)
There we go.. mass theory.

And yes this is OP and shoud get nerfed. Next... (I am a WD, always been)

And to those who cry abou VQ nerf... seriously... get some skill, WD is 10x better now.

I miss old VQ just because I like Dire Bats and the "skill" involved with range kiting. Honestly, my new Dire Bats build is probably better than the old one, though, I have to use Spiders for Mana which is bleh.

This post was edited by young2093 on Aug 23 2012 10:55am
Gold: 140.00
Aug 23 2012 11:30am
Good idea but just not viable enough for top geared players.

Using a shitty offhand and mediocre helm loses me like 20k dps, and you also want me to switch out PtV? :P NeveR!
Gold: 22,749.50
Aug 23 2012 11:38am
Anyone who thinks this build is OP, is fucking retarded. Period.

Bear spamming does WAY more dmg than this. This build only puts on 275% per dog sacrificed. Even if you got a every second, it still wouldn't do as much as spamming ZB.
Gold: 900.00
Aug 23 2012 12:35pm
Quote (young2093 @ Aug 23 2012 04:54pm)
Screen DPS? Because that's all that matters right.
I seriously have no idea how I continously forget how dumb this community is on JSP.

Funny how people who claim that almost always embarass themselves within the same posting.

Okay I try to make it easier for you: Because of those crappy legendaries your screen DPS will be half. Due to the random nature of sacrifice and the fact that you can't spam sacrifice but have to alternate between two skills, your actual DPS will be even lower (compared to mainstream builds with bears or splinter). Got it?

I laugh at you for thinking this should be nerfed.

This post was edited by Silence[px] on Aug 23 2012 12:41pm
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll