d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Favorite Songs & Bands > Classical Music
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.64
Jun 1 2013 10:48am
Quote (unid_element59 @ Jun 1 2013 12:30am)
I'm not trolling neither beeing rude (just saying). By awful sound I meant his playing, not the piece, the piece isn't bad but it's definetly not classical, it's clearly variety. it doesnt mean that it's composed for piano that it's classical. oh and btw, the plucking has been added over the piano part, or he has 3 hands

I'm not going to get into a debate about it here. This isn't the place to discuss musical styles or genres.

Quote (unid_element59 @ Jun 1 2013 12:30am)
If you want a piano to sound nicely watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNfmsN8hQ
By sounding nicely i mean sonority, touch, color, harmonic sensibility, anything to do with interpretation you can hear on this link.

The piano song in your link sounds.. boring to me. It lacks emotion almost completely. Sure hes fast, hes accurate, and has perfect timing (practice makes perfect). But its sounds like a guy practicing scales and trying to go fast; hes like a machine. Near the end of the songs its just faster of the same. It actually started to annoy my ears; I was glad when the song ended. Things like sonority, touch, color, harmonic sensibility.... sounds like you're describing the mechanical characteristics of a piano, not te actual song or the player himself. I think hes obviously a skilled piano player, I just found the song boring.

This post was edited by NatureNames on Jun 1 2013 10:50am
Jun 1 2013 10:49am
Gold: 16,548.00
Jun 1 2013 02:27pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Jun 1 2013 05:48pm)

The piano song in your link sounds.. boring to me. It lacks emotion almost completely. Sure hes fast, hes accurate, and has perfect timing (practice makes perfect). But its sounds like a guy practicing scales and trying to go fast; hes like a machine. Near the end of the songs its just faster of the same. It actually started to annoy my ears; I was glad when the song ended. Things like sonority, touch, color, harmonic sensibility.... sounds like you're describing the mechanical characteristics of a piano, not te actual song or the player himself. I think hes obviously a skilled piano player, I just found the song boring.

u clearly have no clue about what you're talking about... anw by the frst video and the comment you posted I didnt even have to talk to you to know that.
all the characteristics I listed are concerning the performer. his touch on the piano, the color of the sound he has (both are related) the way he pulls out more this note or another note on a polyphonic part etc... and something fast doesn't mean it's emotionless, it's like saying all Chopin's studies are emotionless...
We don't say songs when talking about classical music...

although I have never insulted the piece you posted neither its performer but as you started I will gladly continue. The piece I posted is much more emotionnally charged, but it's symbolism and impressionism, suggestions of something you don't want to say, the art of taking a moment and restoring it artistically, maybe that's why you can't feel anything, but I'm sure it's because you have a bad taste. Your song is just standard chords/melodies I hear everyday when I turn on TV or the radio , just mixed with a part where he has fun plucking the strings ( WOOOOOOW), over mixed in studio to make his awful sonority sound better.I hear everyday people improvising and playing much better sorry.

if you haven't loved this song I'm sure you'll love this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6t8yXPcSQ
Jun 1 2013 04:17pm
Quote (unid_element59 @ Jun 1 2013 01:27pm)
u clearly have no clue about what you're talking about... anw by the frst video and the comment you posted I didnt even have to talk to you to know that.
all the characteristics I listed are concerning the performer. his touch on the piano, the color of the sound he has (both are related) the way he pulls out more this note or another note on a polyphonic part etc... and something fast doesn't mean it's emotionless, it's like saying all Chopin's studies are emotionless...
We don't say songs when talking about classical music...

although I have never insulted the piece you posted neither its performer but as you started I will gladly continue. The piece I posted is much more emotionnally charged, but it's symbolism and impressionism, suggestions of something you don't want to say, the art of taking a moment and restoring it artistically, maybe that's why you can't feel anything, but I'm sure it's because you have a bad taste. Your song is just standard chords/melodies I hear everyday when I turn on TV or the radio , just mixed with a part where he has fun plucking the strings ( WOOOOOOW), over mixed in studio to make his awful sonority sound better.I hear everyday people improvising and playing much better sorry.

if you haven't loved this song I'm sure you'll love this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6t8yXPcSQ

opinion vs opinion. Nothing to discuss here.
Jun 1 2013 04:38pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Jun 1 2013 11:17pm)
opinion vs opinion. Nothing to discuss here.

to have an opinion you need to have valuables arguments and knowledge of the subjet, which you lack.
Jun 2 2013 11:30am
Jun 4 2013 12:50am
Jun 4 2013 01:32am
Jun 27 2013 05:57am
Jun 28 2013 04:18am
Go Back To Favorite Songs & Bands Topic List
Prev167891011Next