many ppl talk about this build, but there isn't a guide yet, so i'll try to post some guideline to build your own WW barbian step by step.
First of all i'll talk about the requirements, because D3 is a fully equipment based game
, so if you can hit them you can continue reading and discover mechanisms and strategies of this build.REQUIREMENTS:
INTRODUCTION:the main point of this build is hit enemies, and get fury + life from each hit
- ~40% total crit chance: 3%buff + 15%passive skill +5%base --> still need ~17 cc from gloves/jewelry/helms
- 1k+ loh --> find it in jewelry+weapons
- ~45k life --> ~1000 vita ( 1 vita point is 35hp, and barb have 127 base vita at lvl60)
- ~535 all res base (800 buffed) --> find it in armor grear, remember +x int means +x/10 all res (base barb res: 7)
- Life Leech note: if you are really rich and you can reach 100k+dps, you can serach for Life leech instead of LoH, but only i you have a really high dps else will not works (in Inferno there are a huge reduction on it!)
life -> life on hit
fury -> crit hit (-battle rage)
these two resources (you don't say?) are the thing that keep you alive and make this build works so fine.the main skill to reach them is SPRINT, not whirlwind, this is the most important thing to understandSKILLS:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahiUkP!ZYb!YZYZcc
STATS - EQUIPMENT:
- BASH (instigation) [left click]
a useful skill to get enought fury to start with battle range & sprint... someone prefer frenzy, but i prefer bash.
- WHIRLWIND (Hurricane) [right click]
this is our primary attack when we are at full fury , and keep hurricane becouse run fast with this build is basic for survive
- WARTH OF THE BERSEKER (Thrive on Chaos)
with this build (and rune), you can keep the berseker for 2+ minutes without problems... and it grants crazy bonuses, (+25ias, +20 dodge, +20 movment, +10 cc)... i always use it with elite packs
especially for jailer\frozen\vortex and similar, they are terrible, this barb CAN'T stay stop, you always have to move with sprint (for tornadoes that heals and give you fury)... and with Berseker, monsters can't block you with their skills.
- SPRINT (run like the wind)
the tornadoes released from this skill is our lifeblood, the trick is keep tornadoes always under enemies turning around them or running away( so they will follow you).
always keep is casted when you fight, ALWAYS. it's only 3 second so you have to lanch this skill many times.
You must also keep it casted when you are WWing!
- BATTLE RAGE (into the fray)
fury each crit hit
- WAR CRY (impunity)
armor & res.
always keep on these two buffs , pay attention cuz without one of them, you're dying quickly.
- Passive: Ruthless, Weapon master, nerves of steel
crit cc/crit dmg and armor...if you feel like you can handle it, you can, you can change nervs of steel with another offensive skills, but i don't suggest it.
there isn't any end game item that i can tell you that barbian one of the most expensive classes i think, so the more money you spend, the stronger you'll be
I'll talk about the most important statistics, then you'll be free to manage your money and improve your barb step by step, day by day.
Of course, vita, str and all res are important...they are always important, you already know it, and i've posted the requirements in the introduction.
then, in my opinion the rule is:
CRIT CHANGE (cc) > ATTACK SPEED (ias) > CRIT DAMAGE (cd)
cc is basic, you need to keep your fury full so you can use your skill... it's important to understand that this build is so FRAIL, for survive you must hit MANY times, your defense is attack
and without enought cc -> no fury -> no skill -> no hits -> DIE.
then, we can work on IAS...obviously faster hit = more hit = more life & fury!
for last, CD... dps is important, but it's the last and most expensive thing, so think to it for last
finnaly, just some notes about the items you should serach for:
(adds ordered by importance)
the more the batter is the rule on that char...
- helm: all res, crit chance, stats
- amu\rings: crit chance, loh, stats, crit dmg, all res
- belt: all res, stats
- chest: all res, stats
- plants: all res, stats
- boots: all res, 12% mov speed (VERY useful), stats
- gloves: crit change, all res, stats, crit damage
- bracers: crit change, all res, stats
- shoulders: all res, stats
- hand: MUST be a axe\mace (+10cc with passive skill) with LOH, stats, crit dmg
- offhand: i prefer to use another weapon (LOH,stats, crit dmg), but a good shield with allres, cc, stats is good too (but you'll have less dmg)
- dual wielding note
- When you’re wielding two weapons, you alternate the weapon you hit with
- attack speed bouns: you recive a +15% attack speed
- sprint's tornadoes attacks with the primary hand and the attack speed is influenced from both weapon: the better thing is serach for high dmg on #1h and high aps on off-hand
- the bonus of two weapon are summed (stats, loh, etc)
- MERC: scoundrel! he adds 3% crit chance which is pretty useful for this build
there isn't a min stats on every items, i just set at the start the stats you have to reach to works well, then the batter thing to do is look at ours money, take pen and paper (or excel) and start finding an equipment that provide the minimum requirements...
anyway, i can provide an exemple of a list with some not expensive item that i used to start:
- helm: helm of command with all res and cc, quite cheap on AH
- amu: kymbo, or ouroboros (loh and cc)
- boots: Sage's Seekers with few stats (cuz all res + 12% speed are guaranteed)
- gloves: find some with cc, all res and a few stats
- bracers & ring: you can put some cc here to get 40% total crit chance, for example i have cc on bracers and rings with stats/all res only
- hand, offhand: start with a low dmg (~600) loh weapon if you can't afford a good one... and remember: +100str > +100dps... stats on weapon are VERY useful
- the other eq parts don't need particular adds, just allres & stats... i guess at least ~60@ , 80 str , 80 vita
- i notice you also some nice set: immortal king (2 items -> +60 all res) and blackthorne (2 items -> +100vita)
here's a screen (i put the link to keep the topic clean, just click it) of my stats and gear, it's not endgame for sure, but it's quite decent (little over the requirements i said):http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6725/barbequ.jpg
note: i started with a lower items, so dont worry if you can't still afford items like mine
A video (Act3 elites): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF2WZyEWAbA
(thanks to Loans
for technical video support)DANTE's BARB:
here's an other example of a WW barb, with higher dps, he relies on the "insanity" rune on wrath of the berserker because 15 seconds are enough to kill champs with 109k dps
screenshot of his gear & stats: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8923/fullbarb.png
video of him killing diablo on inferno:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbzLalXuPBo
okay, i think there is all information you need to set up your WW barb and start farming inferno,and remember:
i suggest you to start play this build in act1, act2, act3, act4 in this order
because play it isn't so easy, you may have good items but no skill and you think that WW barb sucks, but it's not true so make some act1-2 run before farming a3-a4
Thanks to Dante
for syntax & grammar support.