d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Ww Inferno Barb Guide
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,876.27
Jul 23 2012 08:02am
many ppl talk about this build, but there isn't a guide yet, so i'll try to post some guideline to buildout your own WW barbian step by step.

REQUIREMENTS:

you MUST hit this objet, else you'll never afford inferno:
  • ~40% crit change
  • 1k+ loh
  • ~45k life
  • 800 all res
if you haven't money to reach this point, stop reading, D3 is a full equipment based game, so no equipment no party.

INTRODUCTION:

first of all the main pont of this build is hit enemyes, and get fury + life from each hit , how?
life -> life on hit
fury -> crit hit (-battle range)
this two resourse (you don't say?) are the thing that keep you alive and make this build works so fine.
the main skill to reach them is SPRINT, not whirlwind, this is the most important thing to understand

SKILLS:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahiUkP!ZYb!YZYZcc
  • primary: BASH (instigation)
    a usefull skill to get enought fury to start with battle range & sprint... someone prefer frenzy, but i prefer bash.
  • secondary: WHIRLWIND (Hurricane)
    this is our primary attack when we are full fury , and keep hurricane becouse run fast with this build is basic for survive
  • WARTH OF THE BERSEKER (Thrive on Chaos)
    with this build (and rune), you can keep the berseker for 2+ minutes without problems... and it gives crazy bonus, (+25ias, +20 dodge, +20 movment, +10 cc)... i always use it with elite packs
  • SPRINT (run like the wind)
    always keep is casted when you fight, ALWAYS. it's only 3 second so you have to lanch this skill many times.
    The tornadoes rage in your wake is your biggest resource of life and fury, you must run trought enemyes so tornadoes will hit them many time and it will give you infinite fury & life.

You must keep it casted also when you are WWing
  • BATTLE RAGE (into the fray)
  • WAR CRY (impunity)
    always keep on this two buff, pay attention cuz without one of them, you're fast dead.
  • Passive: Ruthless, Weapon master, nerves of steel

EQUIPMENT:

there isn't any end game item that i can tell you... barbian is the more expensive class i think, so more money you will spend, stronger you'll be.
I'll talk about the most important statistics, then you'll free to manage your money and improve your barb step by step, day by day.
Of course, vita, str and all res are important...they are always important, you already know it, and i've posted the requirements.
then, in my opinion the rule is:
CRIT CHANGE (cc) > ATTACK SPEED (ias) > CRIT DAMAGE (cd)

cc is basic, you need it to keep full your fury so you can use your skill... it's important to understand that this build is so FRAIL, for survive you must hit MANY times, your defense is attack
and without enought cc -> no fury -> no skill -> no hits -> DIE.

then, we can work on IAS...obviously faster hit = more hit = more life & fury!

for last, CD... dps is important, but it's the last and most expensive thing, so think to it for last

finnaly, just some notes about the items you should serach for:
(orderd by importance)
  • helm: all res, crit change, stats
  • amu\rings: crit change, loh, stats, crit dmg, all res
  • belt: all res, stats
  • chest: all res, stats
  • plants: all res, stats
  • boots: all res, 12% mov speed (VERY usefull), stats
  • gloves: crit change, all res, stats, crit damage
  • bracers: crit change, all res, stats
  • shoulders: all res, stats
  • hand: MUST be a axe\mace (+10cc with passive skill) with LOH, stats, crit dmg
  • offhand: i prefer to use another weapon (LOH,stats, crit dmg), but a good shield with allres, cc, stats us is good too (but you'll have less dmg)

okay, I think there are every information you need to set up your WW barb and start farming inferno, i'm sorry about my english, i don't know it very well...but it's all understandable i hope.

Good luck!

Gold: 0.00
Jul 23 2012 08:08am
Stopped reading at "no equipment no party"

Just kidding but seriously the same build has been posted various times, there is no difference between yours and any other. You've included no additional information on strategy and there are much more comprehensive guides about on the same thing.

It's a shame that everyone seems to stick with the same build for barb and no one is trying anything new out.

Jul 23 2012 08:52am
Quote (fullmetalsilverback @ 23 Jul 2012 16:08)

Just kidding but seriously the same build has been posted various times, there is no difference between yours and any other. You've included no additional information on strategy and there are much more comprehensive guides about on the same thing.

It's a shame that everyone seems to stick with the same build for barb and no one is trying anything new out.

oh, nice to know... i've lost 1 hour for nothing.
Why aren't there a WW guide on "D3 Unified Strategy And Guides Sticky"? -.-
i know this build it's not a secret, anyway on d3 i met many ppl that don't know how my barb works... so i've done a fast look here and didn't found any guide, and i decided to make a shot one...
Gold: 200.00
Jul 23 2012 01:12pm
Quote (fullmetalsilverback @ 23 Jul 2012 15:08)

actually yes, everybody is about "just go WW", but thats the first guide on JSP I found ;) I think this one should go to sticky!

Things Id love to see in the guide:

1. Specify Stats: What Str/Vita Amount should be on the Items? Ofc, the more the better, but what min?
2. Maybe post your gear.
3. Maybe post a video of you going WW

=)

This post was edited by doppelD on Jul 23 2012 01:15pm
Gold: 14.90
Jul 23 2012 01:18pm
Quote (doppelD @ Jul 23 2012 09:12pm)
actually yes, everybody is about "just go WW", but thats the first guide on JSP I found ;) I think this one should go to sticky!

sign
Quote (thebiker @ Jul 23 2012 04:52pm)
oh, nice to know... i've lost 1 hour for nothing.
Why aren't there a WW guide on "D3 Unified Strategy And Guides Sticky"? -.-
i know this build it's not a secret, anyway on d3 i met many ppl that don't know how my barb works... so i've done a fast look here and didn't found any guide, and i decided to make a shot one...

na u actually diddnt lost time, some people aren't able to google sound stupid but hella thats the truth.
on jsp ur one of the first so its def good place for a guide ;)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 23 2012 01:46pm
good guide ;)
Jul 23 2012 01:54pm
good, thanks :thumbsup:
Quote (doppelD @ 23 Jul 2012 21:12)

1. Specify Stats: What Str/Vita Amount should be on the Items? Ofc, the more the better, but what min?
2. Maybe post your gear.
3. Maybe post a video of you going WW
=)

the more the batter is the rule on that char... there isn't a min stats on every items, i just set at the start the stats you have to reach to works well, then the batter thing to do is look at ours money, take pen and paper (or excel) and start finding an equipment that provide the minimum requirements...
anyway, i can make a list of some not expensive item that you can use for start:
helm: helm of command with all res and cc, quite cheap on AH
amu: kymbo, or ourobross (loh and cc)
boots: Sage's Seekers with few stats (cuz all res + 12% speed are guaranteed)
gloves: find someone with cc, all res and a few stats
bracers & ring: you can put here some cc to get 40% total crit change, for example i have cc on bracers and rings with stats/all res only
hand, offhand: start with a low dmg (~600) loh weapon if you can't afford a good one... and remember: +100str > +100dps... stats on weapon are VERY usefull
the other eq parts don't need paricolar adds, jsut allres & stats... i guess at least ~60@ , 80 str , 80 vita
i notice you also some nice set: immortal king (2 items -> +60 all res) and blackthorne (2 items -> +100vita)

here's a screen (i put the link to keep the topic clean, just click it) of my stats and gear, it's not endgame for sure, and it's quite good (already over the requirments i said):
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6725/barbequ.jpg
note: i started with a lower items, so dont worry if you can't still afford items like mine

may i ask some trusted to edit the first post?
Gold: 200.00
Jul 23 2012 02:36pm
Quote (thebiker @ 23 Jul 2012 20:54)
good, thanks  :thumbsup:

the more the batter is the rule on that char... there isn't a min stats on every items, i just set at the start the stats you have to reach to works well, then the batter thing to do is look at ours money, take pen and paper (or excel) and start finding an equipment that provide the minimum requirements...
anyway, i can make a list of some not expensive item that you can use for start:
helm: helm of command with all res and cc, quite cheap on AH
amu: kymbo, or ourobross (loh and cc)
boots: Sage's Seekers with few stats (cuz all res + 12% speed are guaranteed)
gloves: find someone with cc, all res and a few stats
bracers & ring: you can put here some cc to get 40% total crit change, for example i have cc on bracers and rings with stats/all res only
hand, offhand: start with a low dmg (~600) loh weapon if you can't afford a good one... and remember: +100str > +100dps... stats on weapon are VERY usefull
the other eq parts don't need paricolar adds, jsut allres & stats... i guess at least ~60@ , 80 str , 80 vita
i notice you also some nice set: immortal king (2 items -> +60 all res) and blackthorne (2 items -> +100vita)

here's a screen (i put the link to keep the topic clean, just click it) of my stats and gear, it's not endgame for sure, and it's quite good (already over the requirments i said):
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6725/barbequ.jpg
note: i started with a lower items, so dont worry if you can't still afford items like mine

may i ask some trusted to edit the first post?

dont you ever say u wasted an hour again. this is sooooo helpfull for a noob like me. the things i marked are worth like 4 stickys ;)

This post was edited by doppelD on Jul 23 2012 02:37pm
Jul 24 2012 07:28am
ty guys, you made me happy :)

i'm uploading a youtube video now, it's my first video editing job...so nothing special... sorry for the bad quality too, i'll make a batter one for sure.

[11% uploading]
Gold: 25,281.00
Jul 24 2012 09:09am
i think its a good guide to get started with a ww barb. well done.

i am playing such a barb for a while now, its kinda cool. there are some more options you can go for.

i have tried a few things. for example if you get the good game dmg, like 100k+ dps you can start going for "life after each kill" and reduce loh (but be careful if you play solo or with good allys its np, but if you play with noob allies you will be in trouble: if you kill too slow you will be dead before getting the life after kill)
anyway life after each kill is kinda cheap compared to loh ;) so if you reached the high dmg its an option to get cheaper items.
also often underrated is +xxxx life from health globes, its also usefull.

for bash i use the onslaught rune. it gives 2 additional hits of 22% dmg. those hits can also be critical. that way you got 3 hits with one attack, this means you got three times the chance to crit and gain fury. i am not 100% sure if it works but it looks like.

you can also change the ww skill to seismic slam with the rune to lower fury cost. yeah its not ww barb anymore but its just changing one skill, so its still a very similar build.
it works pretty well in party with a wizard cuz of knockback. wizard usually needs the support or has to kite very often.
its simple to play. sprint -> seismic slam -> sprint -> seismic slam ... always be next to the wizard so he cant die. monsters get knockbacked into the tornados and the wizard can do high dps spells without kiting too much. gg combo

This post was edited by Koryu on Jul 24 2012 09:10am
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll