d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Why Dont They Drive Something Else?
Prev167891021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,265.00
Jul 17 2012 02:20pm
Quote (Killerme99 @ Jul 17 2012 01:09pm)
Did you even read his post? Unlike you alot of us have been around in this subforum for awhile & have had a chance to see some of the builds, etc. FMX has been involved in. On the other hand you came in here sounding like some idiot that has just graduated from UTI...

I HIGHLY doubt you are involved in ANY aspect of engine building. If you are id like some examples of engines you have built with spec sheets, etc. & if the motor is still running today lol

I've seen his bullshit and he may impress you dumbasses that put speakers and rims on your gay ass little car he isn't shit to me. LOL you idiots make me laugh.

Quote (FMX_89 @ Jul 17 2012 01:19pm)
You are either a terrible troll, or a complete imbecile. I can keep going for days either way. The rest of the people here may not be able to tell who is telling the truth (though they can tell which one is intelligent). The difference is I KNOW you are full of shit, so keep on with your diarrhea of the mouth.

Haha I covered that in the first red part.

"Do you know you can bore and stroke engines"

-Really, I was unaware

-So I should Bore and Stroke my LS1 to make it as big as I want it?

"Yeah, go ahead and do that, nothing bad will happen"

-Bores LS1 block a cunt hair past .010" over and the honing tool hits the water jacket

-Son of a bitch... I knew that guy on D2JSP didn't know what he was talking about, maybe I should have learned from someone on LS1Tech that actually does this for a living.

LOL .010 over and it's in the jackets? CLEARLY you are an idiot. I have bored then .090 over with no problems. Go check your gay ass ls tech website and ask them so I can laugh at you. LOL'd dude you just blew yourself out of the fucking water. Big time. Thanks for that one

This post was edited by BassTracker6925 on Jul 17 2012 02:39pm
Gold: 46.00
Jul 17 2012 02:46pm
Quote (BassTracker6925 @ Jul 17 2012 08:20pm)
I've seen his bullshit and he may impress you dumbasses that put speakers and rims on your gay ass little car he isn't shit to me. LOL you idiots make me laugh.

LOL .010 over and it's in the jackets? CLEARLY you are an idiot. I have bored then .090 over with no problems. Go check your gay ass ls tech website and ask them so I can laugh at you. LOL'd dude you just blew yourself out of the fucking water. Big time. Thanks for that one

You HAVE NOT bored a LS1 .090 over.... From what ive seen they dont even offer sleeves that large for it if you wanted to sleeve it instead. You sir are FULL OF SHIT

:wallbash:

Edit- First search reveals numerous people agreeing with FMX including John Janz @ Texas Speed.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/1435299-ls1-boring.html

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/boring-020-over-106752/

Hmmm should I believe this ITT Tech failure (BassTracker) or a FMX & tons of other world class engine builders?

This post was edited by Killerme99 on Jul 17 2012 02:52pm
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2012 02:54pm
Quote (FMX_89 @ Jul 16 2012 02:07pm)
You sound so mad... I'm laughing hysterically.  MLS gaskets aren't magical.  Sealing different materials is what they are made for.  You must work at a hack shop.  Please call LME, Virginia Speed, Proline, or KUP and ask them if you need a girdle, aluminum rods, etc for 1000hp on ANY LSX, much less an iron block.  They will laugh at you. My pistons are good for well over 1200hp, the rods are good for 1000-1100.  The crank is good for 1000-1200.  Main caps do start to walk on these over 800hp.  That's a fact.  Virginia speed even recommends doweling the mains at 800hp if you want it to last a long time. I already brought this up but it doesn't look like you know what boost is.  It's a measure of restriction.  My Cummins makes 30-35lbs of boost bone stock to make a little over 300hp.  A honda might need 25lbs to make 350hp.  20lbs on my setup WILL be between 900 and 1000hp.  Boost is a measure of restriction, not a measure of power.

I'm not trying to pull any bullshit on you.  Go do some independent research.  It's not like LSX builds are hard to find.  It's one of the most modified engines of all time.  Good for you.  It's still a monte carlo.  I'd like to see you fill it up at a local gas station and drive it across country.  Legally.  When did I ever claim to have a ton of money and deep pockets?  The whole idea of going with an iron block is I can build it to hold more power for less money.  In the perfect world I would build an RHS block (dart's LS block is fucking terrible btw).  That block costs as much as my entire bottom end.  Affordable reliable power... That isn't hard to understand.  Again, this LQ9 block will hold well over 1200hp without distorting or cracking.  If I wanted to make over 800hp out of my LS1 block I would have to send it out to be sleeved, dowel pin the mains, and buy a girdle.  Then I STILL wouldn't have the same displacement.  You do realize the LQ9 is a 4.00" bore opposed to the LS1's 3.898"?

If you knew anything about LSX's like you claim you would know that you need a 4" bore to run the bigger, nicer, better flowing heads.  Small bore heads flow OK but I can build an LQ9 for less money that can fit all but the biggest, nastiest heads on the market.  So with all of those pros the only con is an extra ~100lbs.

Big deal.  This is a street car.

Again you start talking about boost like it means a damn thing...  You sound so stupid.  Go to LS1Tech and tell the guys in the forced induction section that they don't need main studs and their Aluminum heads are going to cause detonation on their iron blocks.  Tell them they are running reverse dish pistons.  Tell them they need to be running solid aluminum heads.  Tell them they need to do all of those things because you built a record setting hemi I've never heard of.  They will laugh you off the site man.  Seriously go try it if you are so confident.

Those guys are nobodies.  You know, just the ones that pioneered Forced Induction on the LSX platform, pushed the development of every aftermarket part, run the shops that build the cars, set the ORSCA, IHRA, NMRA records.  They don't know anything about boost on an LSX.

While you are at it go post some of this garbage on Yellowbullet.  You won't last a day on there.

10-12lbs on a b series will be 330-350ish depending on the tune. Just saying.
Jul 17 2012 02:57pm
Quote (TME @ Jul 17 2012 08:54pm)
10-12lbs on a b series will be 330-350ish depending on the tune. Just saying.

10-20lbs on anything does not just equal a certain hp... The whole point he was making (which ALOT of people dont understand) is that boost is simply a measure of restriction.
Banned
Jul 17 2012 03:08pm
Quote (Killerme99 @ Jul 17 2012 04:57pm)
10-20lbs on anything does not just equal a certain hp... The whole point he was making (which ALOT of people dont understand) is that boost is simply a measure of restriction.

Fmx said that 25psi on a honda would get 350. That is compeltely untrue.

I know what boost is, but I've boosted many honda motors at this point. I've boosted an h22 in a hatch with a big cam stock block and some other bolt ons and the kid put out 410whp on the dyno @ 8psi.

I'm not arguing that its a measurement of restriction, I'm arguing that 25lbs on a b series or h or f or c or k seroes will put out way more than 350whp, depending on the tune.
Jul 17 2012 03:15pm
Quote (TME @ Jul 17 2012 09:08pm)
Fmx said that 25psi on a honda would get 350. That is compeltely untrue.

I know what boost is, but I've boosted many honda motors at this point. I've boosted an h22 in a hatch with a big cam stock block and some other bolt ons and the kid put out 410whp on the dyno @ 8psi.

I'm not arguing that its a measurement of restriction, I'm arguing that 25lbs on a b series or h or f or c or k seroes will put out way more than 350whp, depending on the tune.

If read it correctly you can tell he was using that as an example. Of course it can vary & does significantly based on NUMEROUS things. That was his whole point.
Banned
Jul 17 2012 03:18pm
Quote (Killerme99 @ Jul 17 2012 05:15pm)
If read it correctly you can tell he was using that as an example. Of course it can vary & does significantly based on NUMEROUS things. That was his whole point.

Well if you're going to use it as an example, at least use one that's not so shitty.
Gold: 533.37
Jul 17 2012 03:20pm
Quote (TME @ Jul 17 2012 05:18pm)
Well if you're going to use it as an example, at least use one that's not so shitty.

whose multi are you? 4 posts in your first day and all of them are in motorsports forum. i know you didnt join a diablo 2 and diablo 3 trade forum just to troll in the motorsports section.
Jul 17 2012 03:21pm
Quote (TME @ Jul 17 2012 09:18pm)

Lol its not his fault that it sometimes takes 20+psi for the 4bangers to be over 300whp

Be mad @ hondas
Banned
Jul 17 2012 03:23pm
Quote (JDH @ Jul 17 2012 05:20pm)
whose multi are you? 4 posts in your first day and all of them are in motorsports forum. i know you didnt join a diablo 2 and diablo 3 trade forum just to troll in the motorsports section.

Who else talks about hondas like I do? Come on now...

I joined for this section and nothing else. I don't play diablo anymore. I may use the cod section, but this will be my main section.

Only reason I joined is to verbal kids.

@killer, 20psi even on a d series will make over 300whp.

Learn your hondas before you talk shit about them.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev167891021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll