d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Make Me A Better Programmer - From Step 1
Prev1545556
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2015 10:04pm
Since stack overflow is all about helping solve simple problems that are able to be solved with minimal effort and closing topics that require actual knowledge or thought I decided to ask here.

Does anyone know of the windows API calls or .net calls (or library) to redirect/mix audio inputs and outputs?

I am trying to design a software to replace the current one I use that takes audio inputs and mixes them into a master output channel. The software only allows for 2 inputs and 1 output to be mixed and I would like to make this more dynamic so that I can assign multiple inputs to the same output, or many different outputs.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2015 11:54pm
Quote (AbDuCt @ Apr 7 2015 11:31pm)
Yea it does sound interesting. Once I find some software I am going to create a disassembler for it first then work on emulating the basic function calls it uses.

Most older processors are widely documented and come with online documents about specific instructions and how many cpu cycles they use so it will be pretty simple for the most part to emulate a large majority of it unitl I get into audio and video processing. Will most likely have to write separate emulators for those and some how make them interact with each other nicely.

Something like the base thread would over see the current ROM op codes being read as well as the interrupt timers and such, then based on what's currently happening it will have to delegate work to other threads emulating audio processing and video processing which will report back to the main thread, or something.

I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

If anyone can find some some software that runs on the 8080 I'd like it. I might try space invaders but emulating the entire arcade machine right of the bad seems a bit daunting. Depends on how much data I need to emulate.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev1545556
Add Reply New Topic New Poll