d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > D2jsp New User Guide > Your Starting Point On D2jsp
Closed New Topic
Gold: 880.12
Jun 22 2012 02:22pm
Firstly, Hello and welcome to D2JSP!
I’d like to give a huge thank you to Jaypee, Decadence and RewTheBrave for their help with this guide.

D2JSP New User Guide
This guide is composed of many different sections, as outlined below - you can ctrl+f to find what information you need.

Part I - Introduction to D2JSP
Part II - Rules & Regulations
Part III - Your Account
Part IV - Trading & Trading Etiquette
Part V - Searching for Help
Part VI - Scammer Accusations
Part VII - Frequently Asked Questions

Please note that this guide will contain underlined words, known as hyperlinks, which you can click on to re-direct you to a d2jsp page.

Part I – Introduction to D2JSP
D2JSP is a vast gaming site with many users, many features with a wide variety of services available to you. Taken directly from the homepage: d2jsp.org is currently a huge international social network community and trading nexus, which focuses around an economy based on d2jsp forum gold. Players can buy and trade Forum Gold for numerous goods and services across a diverse platform of online games and users.

Before moving on, you should understand both the trader ranking & moderation systems here at d2jsp, as you'll encounter different things than on other trading forums.
Under names, you may see Trader: Trusted or Trader: Mediator, these can be explained a little, as well as how to go about getting one Here.
You'll also encounter groups, such as Members++, moderator and such - you can learn more about these groups in the D2JSP User Group Guide

Through this guide you’ll be presented with quite a bit of information, although all information that should at least be glanced at before going forth on your journey.

Part II – Rules & Regulations
This section will focus on the basic rules and regulations that need to be followed in your using of d2jsp. This will not include more specific rules such as trading rules and other such rules, as those will be focused on in later sections.

Depending on the section in which you reside, there may be additional rules - but for all of d2jsp, there is a set of rules that must be followed. D2JSP Site Rules.
Of course, read the stickies at the top of the section to best view and understand and rule modifications or additional rules that may be in place for your section, and know the trading rules, as well
(These are discussed in the trading section).

Most rules are presented in a simple and straight forward manner to maximize overall understanding.
However, if you're ever in doubt, you can search the Searching for Help section for additional information and clarification - it's better to be safe than sorry!

Part III – Your Account
Before moving forth to trading and other services on the site, it's important to understand your account. From personalization to simply knowing what goes where, your account is your identity here at d2jsp, so create it accordingly!

I will start by offering some insight to your physical profile. There are many different features in your profile that you can modify. You can play around with it as much as you'd like, but I'll provide some links to help you get started. Profile features range from just managing your profile, managing your friends, creating a photo gallery, editing settings, and a few additional options, and guides for each, you can find below.

Basic Features:
How To Manage & Edit Your Profile
Background & Profile Settings FAQ
How To Manage Top Friends
Remember that the site rules apply even when making your own profile!

Additional Help:
In the General Help Unified Sticky
In the above link, search for Section 4 - it is a whole section dedicated to more intricate features of your account and your profile.

Part IV - Trading & Trading Etiquette
This section will focus on trading and the forum rules for trading, while providing basic information on common do's and don't seen in the trading grounds.
D2JSP uses a system of forum gold. For further information on forum gold, you can review the Forum Gold FAQ.
If you're looking for additional information on your forum gold and your gold logs, you can click this link: http://forums.d2jsp.org/gold.php

Trading
Trading can be tricky. Some people will refuse to go first, while others will gladly go first. Regardless, there is only ever one truly safe way to trade.

The D2JSP help section offers a wide variety of information on trading, but there are some specifics to focus on. The trading section will be linked at the end of this section.
Before starting to trade, be sure you familiarize yourself with trading rules, located here: Trading Rules.

Returning to the previous statement: There is only one safe way to trade - that is 100% true. Although certain users have been around longer, you never know who could possible scam you of your forum gold, or your items. Once you familiarize yourself with the site a bit more and start to understand how trading works, you may feel a little more comfortable trading on your own, but the safest way is to Request a Mediator

Trading Etiquette
When trading, although there is no true reputation system, how you act, how you behave, and how you trade can truly affect your reputation. There is such a thing as a good mannered trader, and there is such a thing as bad mannered trader, and people to pay attention to these things. Of course, this reputation "system" is subjective, and each individual is subject to their own opinion.

It is common practice to go first (send first, give the item first) to users with trusted or mediator tags. There is no rule on how two individual users who do not have tags, but until you get the hang of things, you should always use a mediator, as stated in the previous section.

Part V - Searching for Help
There are many different areas you can both post for help and obtain help. This section will outline those areas to help you best understand d2jsp.

As a basic resource, you can search the D2JSP Help Section.
This features and outlines many services offered on the site, and how you can access different parts of the site.

An additional resource, check the General Help Unified Sticky.
This is an advanced resource, and features links to just about every feature and part of D2JSP to best assist you.

Remember to check there is a specific section on the Forum Index.
If you're playing a game such as Diablo II, or others, you may be able to ask your question where you can receive specific help.

If you're even in doubt feel free to drop me a Private Message.
I can assist you where you may need it, and am quite active on D2JSP.

Finally, there is a section you can post in, General Help.
This section you can post any questions you have in relation to d2jsp, or just in general.

Part VI - Scammer Accusations
There may be circumstances where you get scammed. Don't fret, though - there is a forum for this, and there are people devoted to helping you towards justice.

Firstly, should you get scammed DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME YOU ARE IN OR LOGOUT. Be sure to read through all of the below links and guides for further information.
Be sure to retain all private messages and contact with the other user - do not delete any correspondence.

There is a whole section dedicated solely to Scamming and helping the victims of scams. Scammer Accusations.
There are some stickies you should take a look at prior to posting, though.

Scammer accusations is a very serious and important section, being so, there are Posting Rules.
Be sure to read those, understand those and follow those in your time there.

If English isn't your primary language, and you need assistance, be sure to check the International S/A Help.
This guide will allow you to obtain the help you need in your native language.

Now, there are very specific instructions that can help you now, be sure to read What Do I Do Now?
This helps you on understanding what you can do, and the steps to get there and get you on the right path.

You may have questions while reading through the guide, so you can check out the Frequently Asked Questions
This should answer any questions you may have in your posting.

You'll need to post screenshots with that, so there is a guide made on How To Post A Screenshot
Not only does this apply to scammer accusations, but to all of the forums. Remember, you need 15 posts to post an image on d2jsp.

Part VII - Frequently Asked Questions
This section will pose and answer some questions that you may have when starting to use D2JSP

Q: The images I'm posting won't show, what is going on?
A: You need 15 posts for your images to show.

Q: I think I've found a bug and want to report it, how can I do this?
A: You can follow instructions on the Site Bug Report Thread.

Q: I'd like to purchase some Forum Gold, what can I do?
A: Click this link: Purchase Forum Gold.

Q: I'd like to donate to the site, but I'd like to use forum gold, is this possible?
A: Definitely! Check out Donate For Me!

Q: I'm still having trouble with a few things, what can I do?
A: Scroll up to Part V of this guide - Searching For Help
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Closed New Topic