d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Broke My First Window... > I Hate House Lined Fairways... :(
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.10
May 29 2012 11:39am
So, playing a local course on the Par 5 fifth hole. Had a crappy worm burner drive that barely made it over a creek 150 yards from the tee box and ended up coming to rest on a hill a little past the creek. I was pretty far away from the green still, about 260 yards. So I figured I'm going to need to smash a 3 wood and hope to come close. Unfortunetly, during my "smash" swing, I ended up toeing the ball and it went right.... very right. I went through some trees, I lost sight of the ball when it entered the tree line and into the leaves, and a second later I hear "PSHHHHHHHHHH" and my heart sank. I just busted someone's window.

I took my cart over there, and looked around. A lady came out of her house and said she heard glass break. We looked around and couldn't find anything, talked to her neighbor and his house was fine. Somewhere glass broke and we couldn't find it. So I gave the women my business card and told her I'll pay for damages. I tee'd the ball up, I hit the ball, I broke the window, I'll pay for the damage.

Well today during lunch I got a phone call from a guy who was this ladys OTHER neighbor, on her other side. He said it was his window I hit and broke. I apologized to him and told him to get the estimate and I'll take care of it. He called me back later and told me the figure, which to my amazement was WAY lower than what I expected. Which means I missed all those huge mammoth fairway side picture windows along the back of the house, and managed to hit a side small bedroom window. Total price came out to $234. Which was a giant relieve to me.

He called back about 2 minutes after we hung up and told me that he spoke to his wife and because I left my information there, and came forward about breaking the window, and being honest about it, and also because I sounded like I was his son's age, that he would cover half the cost, and to send him a check for only half the bill, which came out to $117, and he'd send a copy of the bill to me when complete. I of course said Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I avoided a HUGE catastrophe, and learned one important lesson. Actually two. Always be honest, good karma will always find you for it. And two, until I get better at golf, avoid courses with houses on the fairways AT ALL COSTS!

This post was edited by MrMoJoRising on May 29 2012 11:50am
Gold: 0.90
May 29 2012 11:45am
I hit a house before, that's the most I've done.
Gold: 476.00
May 29 2012 01:16pm
i hit a person watching in the chest before, not a good feeling.
I know alot of people who would have just taken off, your a good man
Gold: 0.90
May 29 2012 01:20pm
Quote (MisterFurious @ 29 May 2012 14:16)

Holy shit lol. That must be a terrible feeling..... LOL I feel terrible when I have to yell fore.
Gold: 433.00
May 30 2012 11:17am
Quote (MrMoJoRising @ May 29 2012 11:39am)
So, playing a local course on the Par 5 fifth hole.  Had a crappy worm burner drive that barely made it over a creek 150 yards from the tee box and ended up coming to rest on a hill a little past the creek.  I was pretty far away from the green still, about 260 yards.  So I figured I'm going to need to smash a 3 wood and hope to come close.  Unfortunetly, during my "smash" swing, I ended up toeing the ball and it went right.... very right.  I went through some trees, I lost sight of the ball when it entered the tree line and into the leaves, and a second later I hear "PSHHHHHHHHHH" and my heart sank.  I just busted someone's window.

I took my cart over there, and looked around.  A lady came out of her house and said she heard glass break.  We looked around and couldn't find anything, talked to her neighbor and his house was fine.  Somewhere glass broke and we couldn't find it.  So I gave the women my business card and told her I'll pay for damages.  I tee'd the ball up, I hit the ball, I broke the window, I'll pay for the damage.

Well today during lunch I got a phone call from a guy who was this ladys OTHER neighbor, on her other side.  He said it was his window I hit and broke.  I apologized to him and told him to get the estimate and I'll take care of it.  He called me back later and told me the figure, which to my amazement was WAY lower than what I expected.  Which means I missed all those huge mammoth fairway side picture windows along the back of the house, and managed to hit a side small bedroom window.  Total price came out to $234.  Which was a giant relieve to me.

He called back about 2 minutes after we hung up and told me that he spoke to his wife and because I left my information there, and came forward about breaking the window, and being honest about it, and also because I sounded like I was his son's age, that he would cover half the cost, and to send him a check for only half the bill, which came out to $117, and he'd send a copy of the bill to me when complete.  I of course said Thank you Thank you Thank you. 

I avoided a HUGE catastrophe, and learned one important lesson.  Actually two.  Always be honest, good karma will always find you for it.  And two, until I get better at golf, avoid courses with houses on the fairways AT ALL COSTS!

I'm glad i haven't hit any windows "YET" But if i was a Home Owner that near a whole i would have some kind of window that wouldn't break.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jun 2 2012 01:18pm
i hit a car once
Gold: 2,695.00
Jun 3 2012 07:49pm
i live on a course like the one you mentioned and it is also the one i play about 4 times a week. I am a pretty accurate driver, but i have hit a handful of houses. lucky for me, so far i haven't had the bad luck you did. The man must have been a nice guy to help you out in such a way. Also, for further reference, I would contact your homeowner's insurance before paying out of pocket for anything like this because they may cover it for you. I know this seems strange, but it isn't that uncommon.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2012 01:44pm
He shouldent of parked his house that close to the golf course..
Trader: Scammer
Jul 5 2012 08:55pm
Golf courses with houses on them have insurance on these types of situations.

If you payed to play there and caused damage to someones house/window/ext. then its the golf courses responsibility to pay for the damages..Not Yours!

Contact the golf course and let them know of the situation...They should have insurance
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 60%
Jul 6 2012 02:40am
Quote (MisterFurious @ May 29 2012 03:16pm)

Ouch.
Go Back To Golf Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll