d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Headsets > What Do You Wear?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,173.00
May 15 2012 09:51pm
Quote (BreakPoint @ 15 May 2012 22:44)
Oh lawdy.

Go to headfi.org -- a well renowned community of audiophiles -- and try vouching for those headphones. They're "good", but not $300 good.

I said they were 300 at best buy... best buy is always over priced on non-standard items. I.E. Video games are standard, headphones are not.
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2012 10:02pm
Quote (MichaelCAnderson2 @ May 15 2012 08:51pm)
I said they were 300 at best buy... best buy is always over priced on non-standard items. I.E. Video games are standard, headphones are not.

That's the MSRP for them. They're overpriced pieces of crap. Muddy bass is not good bass, yo.
Gold: 3,107.96
May 15 2012 10:11pm
Quote (MichaelCAnderson2 @ May 15 2012 09:40pm)
I'm not trolling, quit being a douche. They are good sounding headphones. It is what it is. Has anyone else here tried them?

Whoa you are serious? I thought you were trolling.

What you were doing was actually a common joke people do, get in a headphone thread and recommend beats because "COME ON BRO THEY ARE SICK"
Gold: 1,173.00
May 15 2012 10:24pm
Quote (Grief_exe @ 15 May 2012 23:11)
Whoa you are serious? I thought you were trolling.

What you were doing was actually a common joke people do, get in a headphone thread and recommend beats because "COME ON BRO THEY ARE SICK"

A real troll denies trolling only to enjoy the true hidden trolling undertones. You have two options Mr. Grief.. Am I being serious about my ignorance or am I truly defining the meaning of troll? Choose wisely..

So here is an off question.. True and Wise.. both end in E. Truly and Wisely on the other hand are different.. Why is English so dumb!?
May 16 2012 12:33am
Quote (MichaelCAnderson2 @ May 15 2012 09:24pm)
A real troll denies trolling only to enjoy the true hidden trolling undertones. You have two options Mr. Grief.. Am I being serious about my ignorance or am I truly defining the meaning of troll? Choose wisely..

So here is an off question.. True and Wise.. both end in E. Truly and Wisely on the other hand are different.. Why is English so dumb!?

It's a noun with an irregular suffix ending. A lot of languages have weird exceptions to the rules of conjugation/comparisons/suffixes/pluralization. Get over it, mang.

Here's one that will make you rage your face off.

In German, the verb for to be is sein. Here's a breakdown of the present tense conjugation:

Code
I - bin
You (informal) - bist
He, She, It - ist

We - sind
You (plural) - seid
You (formal), They - sind

That is so irregular it isn't even funny. Here is the simple past tense of sein, which does follow the regular rules for conjugation (mostly)

Code
I - war
You (informal) - warst
He, She, It - war

We - waren
You (plural) - wart
You (formal), They - waren

tl;dr nn QQing for something all (natural) languages share
Gold: 87.00
May 16 2012 12:35am
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Fullsize is really nice headset for price/quality around ~60€
Gold: 84.10
May 16 2012 04:23am
Quote (Grief_exe @ May 15 2012 08:17pm)
Closed headphones aren't great for gaming because they don't have that wide sound stage or sound positioning like the open headphones.

All of those headphones you listed are closed back and are a reference sound design meaning they are for a wide range of music listening but probably not for gaming.

then why are the corsair hs1a headset better than any so far, they are closed I dont need people listening to what I'm listening too, plz explain,

and remember you are biased because you only have used the 700s (3 years I think you said maybe closing in on 4th)

so in those last couple of years what else have you tried?
Gold: 7.00
May 16 2012 04:47am
im in afghanistan right now deployed, and i was actually wondering about what pair of headphones to get for music and gaming when iget back, around 100$ and i listen to heavy metal/punk

thanks guys :)

edit: i will be ordering them in the next 30 days and having shipped here to me for when i return

This post was edited by Atma on May 16 2012 04:51am
Gold: 3,107.96
May 16 2012 07:28am
Quote (yupitsmeh @ May 16 2012 04:23am)
then why are the corsair hs1a headset better than any so far,  they are closed I dont need people listening to what I'm listening too, plz explain,

and remember you are biased because you only have used the 700s (3 years I think you said maybe closing in on 4th)

so in those last couple of years what else have you tried?

I'm constantly researching new headphones because I want to upgrade, probably getting the Beyer dt 990s next, there are a couple stores in Denver where I can check shit out. And I have tried on certain things.
There is listening bias, where your ears naturally enjoy the sound from that headset over those headphones. Does that mean the headset is objectively better? Definitely not, that headset is objectively garbage compared to those other phones.
Another possibility is you like that headset better because you want to like it better.

Quote (vittujenkevat @ May 16 2012 12:35am)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Fullsize is really nice headset for price/quality around ~60€

No. Much better options at that price range.

Quote (Atma @ May 16 2012 04:47am)
im in afghanistan right now deployed, and i was actually wondering about what pair of headphones to get for music and gaming when iget back, around 100$ and i listen to heavy metal/punk

thanks guys :)

edit: i will be ordering them in the next 30 days and having shipped here to me for when i return

Ad700s would be great for that kind of music. They are about $105.

If you want a little more bass, not sure if heavy metal is bass heavy, check out the ultrasonne 580s at $115.
May 16 2012 07:38am
Quote (Grief_exe @ May 15 2012 03:34pm)
No one around here owns a headset. They are poor quality for the price, and the G35 is not worth the money.

Basically with a headset you are getting horrible audio quality and bad build quality as well, at the same time paying a premium price. Horrible deal.

For the same price you can get an amazing set of headphones that will last a long time and be worth your money, not to mention making your gaming experience better since you get much higher audio quality and better sound positioning.

Not to beat a dead horse here but the mics and internal wiring of headsets are crap too, causing bad voice quality and the constantly breaking.

Its honestly a joke.

Now, what is your budget and what kind of music do you listen to?

USB is generally a poor choice, degrades the audio quality and essentially forces you to use digital sound rather than through a DAC or MP3 player.

There you go talking out of your ass again. :rolleyes:

Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll