d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > People And God > How Does God Treat You ?
12Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 11 2012 03:41pm
So I was sitting in bed this night and I started thinking about some recent things in my life, and how it turns out that God still loves me.

And I had this thought about how God treats us, here goes:

So God is like your father to whom you reach out your hand and he takes you to the supermarket, to the candy isle. So you look around, and ask God for some chocolate that doesn't look too expensive, just like you would ask your father. So does God give you that chocolate? Of course not! God gives you the other candy, which is more expensive and tastes better! He gives you those awsome swiss pralines!

But before you get to those pralines, 2 things you must do:
1. acknoledge God. You will notice He has his hand pointed towards you, for your grabbing it.
2. take God's hand and trust Him to the candy isle.

This post was edited by the_rest on May 11 2012 03:50pm
Gold: 440.00
May 11 2012 10:42pm
Quote (the_rest @ May 11 2012 05:41pm)
So I was sitting in bed this night and I started thinking about some recent things in my life, and how it turns out that God still loves me.

And I had this thought about how God treats us, here goes:

So God is like your father to whom you reach out your hand and he takes you to the supermarket, to the candy isle. So you look around, and ask God for some chocolate that doesn't look too expensive, just like you would ask your father. So does God give you that chocolate? Of course not! God gives you the other candy, which is more expensive and tastes better! He gives you those awsome swiss pralines!

But before you get to those pralines, 2 things you must do:
1. acknoledge God. You will notice He has his hand pointed towards you, for your grabbing it.
2. take God's hand and trust Him to the candy isle.

nice thought, but this is incorrect, God gives you Hs will. some people might get the "swiss pralines" and some might get other things. We all have different paths and if we are obedient to God we have nothing to worry about but it's not always the "best" in human standards.
Gold: 13.50
May 12 2012 03:18am
He may say no no son..you need (something else) beause eating this candy will do this to you. In a way your getting the candy..but your not getting the real candy. Make sense?
May 12 2012 05:03am
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ 12 May 2012 07:42)
nice thought, but this is incorrect, God gives you Hs will. some people might get the "swiss pralines" and some might get other things.  We all have different paths and if we are obedient to God we have nothing to worry about but it's not always the "best" in human standards.

maybe you are not worthy enough so God didn't give you anything, and you delude yourself that you get "will"

Quote (kuja_17 @ 12 May 2012 12:18)
He may say no no son..you need (something else) beause eating this candy will do this to you. In a way your getting the candy..but your not getting the real candy. Make sense?

he never said that to me, cause God isn't a jerk. it was only a figure of speach, but you come up with your tormented childhood where your real father said that to you?

This post was edited by the_rest on May 12 2012 05:15am
Gold: 13.50
May 14 2012 12:36am
I didn't have a dad growing up. So disregard my comment.
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2012 07:25am
A good father doesn't give his son what he wants, but rather what he needs. When I pray for patience and compassion, God will put some annoying, rude people in front of me, to help me grow. If God just gave me what I really want, which is to not have to interact with annoying and rude people, I will never learn humility, thus growing closer to Him.
May 14 2012 09:09am
Quote (Murphy16 @ 14 May 2012 16:25)
A good father doesn't give his son what he wants, but rather what he needs. When I pray for patience and compassion, God will put some annoying, rude people in front of me, to help me grow. If God just gave me what I really want, which is to not have to interact with annoying and rude people, I will never learn humility, thus growing closer to Him.

so what's your comment then ? what's your point ?

anyway I meet many annoying and rude people but I dont let them get to me, moreover, I take action against them if I can! and it feels good! and I feel a good satisfaction and content to let rude people know what I think of them! And let them be humiliated, not me!
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2012 10:13am
Quote (the_rest @ May 14 2012 10:09am)

anyway I meet many annoying and rude people but I dont let them get to me, moreover, I take action against them if I can! and it feels good! and I feel a good satisfaction and content to let rude people know what I think of them! And let them be humiliated, not me!

I was responding to your question when you asked how God treats me.
May 14 2012 11:48am
Quote (the_rest @ May 12 2012 07:03am)
maybe you are not worthy enough so God didn't give you anything, and you delude yourself that you get "will"

he never said that to me, cause God isn't a jerk. it was only a figure of speach, but you come up with your tormented childhood where your real father said that to you?

None of us are worthy enough for God brother, the Bible makes this clear. :)
May 14 2012 11:57am
Quote (the_rest @ May 14 2012 11:09am)

We are to be humble, not make rude people become humble, that satisfaction is not of God brother.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic