d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Elder Scrolls Series > Skyrim > Really
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
May 10 2012 07:27pm
I think it's funny how all the opinions are changing about Skyrim now that it's been out for a while. At first it was just all "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG" and if you didn't jerk off to Skyrim and had anything bad to say about it you obviously had no taste in games. Even just a month or two ago you would have been thought of as an idiot if you thought Oblivion was better lol.
Gold: 42.00
May 10 2012 09:02pm
Quote (Lublar @ May 10 2012 07:27pm)
I think it's funny how all the opinions are changing about Skyrim now that it's been out for a while. At first it was just all "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG" and if you didn't jerk off to Skyrim and had anything bad to say about it you obviously had no taste in games. Even just a month or two ago you would have been thought of as an idiot if you thought Oblivion was better lol.

I played it one week(maxed a character, did all the main quests then realized...wait a minute...95% of the quests are randomly generated?...) and after day 1 I was well aware that skyrim wasn't gonna be as good as its predecessors and I've been very vocal about that maybe not on the internet though

as far as people starting to treat it like "its cool to hate it now" then fuck yeah let everyone hate it, bethesda is going on a quick course to completely ruining their games

if future releases go down the same path as skyrim did, then true fans of the series will be replaced with call of duty players that are like "omgz ima werewolves lolz : D"

This post was edited by coltemonikha on May 10 2012 09:04pm
Gold: 33,475.50
May 10 2012 09:37pm
Skyrim was a pretty fun game but did get boring... oblivion is the best game ever o.O

This post was edited by TunkuM on May 10 2012 09:37pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 10 2012 11:49pm
i used to like skyrim but then i took a arrow to the knee

nah skyrim is cool for combat system but obv oblivion had a better questline , remember when dark brotherhood questline USED to be cool, now it just suck, same with almost every guild.
Gold: 1,000.00
May 11 2012 05:50am
Quote (Lublar @ 11 May 2012 03:27)
I think it's funny how all the opinions are changing about Skyrim now that it's been out for a while.  At first it was just all "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG" and if you didn't jerk off to Skyrim and had anything bad to say about it you obviously had no taste in games.  Even just a month or two ago you would have been thought of as an idiot if you thought Oblivion was better lol.

i've always been thinking the same way about Skyrim as i posted above ;)

never hyped of Skyrim, never thought it was GOTY and i've always liked Oblivion more
Gold: 6,669.61
May 11 2012 06:30am
What the hell is with this suddden glorification of Oblivion?
I thought Oblivion was pretty damn horrible, and especially compared to its predecessors.
Probably wouldn't even have played it were it not for the modding community.

Skyrim is still far from what I wanted, but I definitely consider it a step in the right direction.
May 11 2012 09:14am
Quote (GuZ @ 11 May 2012 14:30)
I thought Oblivion was pretty damn horrible, and especially compared to its predecessors.

Skyrim is still far from what I wanted, but I definitely consider it a step in the right direction.

no one's glorifying Oblivion, people are just telling that Skyrim wasnt that good after a lil while.

havent played redguard / arena so cant say anything about them, but all i know is that Morrowind was the the best and then Oblivion when it first got released. i'm not saying Skyrim was all bad, but IMO not as good as it should have been
Gold: 135.00
May 11 2012 10:07am
Skyrim> oblivion imo the thieves guild and main quest in oblivion were better
Gold: 42.00
May 11 2012 05:28pm
Quote (GuZ @ May 11 2012 06:30am)

oblivion was better and was way funner at it's release, so was morrowind...of course neither of the 2 have lasted in age

I personally loved morrowinds level system, minor/major skills etc...and as far as fallout goes new vegas is my favorite game of the series(too bad it was developed by obsidian...bethesdas next fallout release has a good chance of being terrible)

skyrim is not a step in the right direction...and let me give you a couple reasons why

no durability
crafting is better than finding rare items
95% of the quests are randomly generated, completely discouraging random traveling as there is only a few set places that arent randomly generated
class system/major skills gone, leaving the game incredibly easy and unchallenging even at the hardest setting
dragons...now that's their "big thing" that was supposed to be so ground breaking...random encounters + they can kill npcs that dont respawn + thats a load of crap
combat system has many obvious flaws
PS3 systems cannot handle the game after their save data reaches a certain limit/RAM cap on the computer version
sleeping is virtually worthless as health/mana/stamina all regenerate(also adds to the extreme ease of the entire game)
the theme setting and voice acting are all very cheesy and kind of lame(not to say that previous releases weren't but thats always been and issue for me)

the ONLY one reason I could agree with you is because graphically this game was top notch...otherwise it failed miserably on so many levels
May 12 2012 03:31am
Quote (coltemonikha @ 12 May 2012 01:28)
oblivion was better and was way funner at it's release, so was morrowind...of course neither of the 2 have lasted in age

I personally loved morrowinds level system, minor/major skills etc...and as far as fallout goes new vegas is my favorite game of the series(too bad it was developed by obsidian...bethesdas next fallout release has a good chance of being terrible)

skyrim isnot a step in the right direction...and let me give you a couple reasons why

no durability
crafting is better than finding rare items
95% of the quests are randomly generated, completely discouraging random traveling as there is only a few set places that arent randomly generated
class system/major skills gone, leaving the game incredibly easy and unchallenging even at the hardest setting
dragons...now that's their "big thing" that was supposed to be so ground breaking...random encounters + they can kill npcs that dont respawn + thats a load of crap
combat system has many obvious flaws

PS3 systems cannot handle the game after their save data reaches a certain limit/RAM cap on the computer version
sleeping is virtually worthless as health/mana/stamina all regenerate(also adds to the extreme ease of the entire game)
the theme setting and voice acting are all very cheesy and kind of lame(not to say that previous releases weren't but thats always been and issue for me)

the ONLY one reason I could agree with you is because graphically this game was top notch...otherwise it failed miserably on so many levels

these ^

also what i hated in dragons was that they were too freaking easy! any animal (bear / saber toothcat / etc) were tougher than dragons on any difficulty (which was pretty ridiculous). on master only way dragons killed me was by eating (and that always happened when i was on full life)
Go Back To Elder Scrolls Series Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll