d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Heroes of Newerth > Monkey King Of Mid. > Fb Mid?
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 624.88
May 3 2012 11:20am
When does this hero NOT get a first blood mid kill?

Seems that every time someone goes against him mid he can just wreck their shit with his op damage early.
Gold: 2,931.00
May 3 2012 11:25am
Was just asking this question. I havent really played him but noticed he wrecks nubs. I don't know how to play him though.
Gold: 2,310.27
May 3 2012 11:31am
he cant kill:

dw
salforis
moraxus
nomad
silhouette
panda
pebbles
kraken
tundra
rampage
revenant
arachna

and all of the above heros can easily win mid against a mk.
Gold: 690.00
May 3 2012 11:32am
only time mid dies early level in my games is due to a gank at start. Other then that I never have people who die vs mk mid before level 3-4.
Gold: 164,697.50
May 3 2012 11:41am
all range heroes if played correctly can shut him out the lane

especially heroes like slither/arachna/hag

get your slow and just fuck him, at best you take 2 hit and he takes 5-7 hits ( ofc he might use some spells but it should never be enough to kill u ) + if he waste spells early on just to trade hit you will still be ahed and he wont get access to CK's unless u push the wave to his tower

so the only way from here u can lose mid is either

A) he gets 100 ganks and you die nonstop
B ) he guesses the rune well before it spawns and he gets basically anything except illu

This post was edited by UndeadGad on May 3 2012 11:41am
Gold: 40,847.70
May 3 2012 01:56pm
Quote (ImoK @ May 3 2012 06:31pm)
he cant kill:

dw
salforis
moraxus
nomad
silhouette
panda
pebbles
kraken
tundra
rampage
revenant
arachna

and all of the above heros can easily win mid against a mk.

those heroes in THEORY should beat a MK. but will they really when a random pub plays them? let's see

dw - mid should be even pub vs pub. depends on who gets runes. DW should do fine most of the time, but might die because MK combo does ridiculous fuckton of damage even to high HP Heroes with low armor
salforis - same as above
moraxus - MK will pretty much never get a kill, but will also be able to CS pretty well against a typical pub moraxus player. and MK will never die to moraxus
nomad - pretty even since both heroes are retarded S2 trash implementations
silhouette - SHOULD win mid, but probably won't. won't be able to harass well enough if a pub player, will miss lots of CK and get denied alot by MK with hatchet. won't use grapple and shit at right times to own MK.
panda - MK wins easy level 1-5. By level 6 MK will probably have enough farm to survive Panda combo, and panda will probably get fucked in runes.
pebbles - should do fine, its pretty easymode and the combo hurts MK alot.
kraken - should do fine but most MK pubs will just out run control you then gank your sidelanes and win anyway
tundra - in theory would be good, but no pub can play this shit. he'll get outCK'd, outharassed, and out rune controlled since nobody can micro for shit. then overall will play bad rest of game, because once again can't micro or initiate for shit
rampage - gayest hero of time, of course he'll do fine
revenant - will get slammed, low HP and nobody will know how to properly harass with him while keeping up in CK
arachna - same as above, but even worse cuz no invis

Gold: 2,931.00
May 3 2012 02:06pm
Lol, maybe I should learn how to play MK. Wanna get out of my 1550 tier.
Gold: 2,310.27
May 3 2012 02:33pm
well idk smack, those are just heros i stomp MK mid playing against 1800+ players

arachna - u can basically keep him out of xp range with ur q spell since its awesome harass + no creep aggro
silho same thing but relentless salvo
pebb (ur combo at lvl 4 kills him, it does more dmg than mk's combo at lvl 4)
nomad - the w is strong as fuck against any melee hero
morax - enter harass battle and spam axes at lvl 3-4, if he uses combo at u, he will die since then he has no getaway
salf - u wont kill him but u will never die lol.
dw - cant lasthit against this guy, at lvl 6 u got a kill
Gold: 90,654.00
May 3 2012 02:43pm
if u play solo with the typical pub team no wards no upped cur u can either
-go mid, suck it up get urself a rune ward and try to own him (u gotta have big map awareness cuz most times ppl forget to call misses)
-pick a support and help out ur mid by warding and if u notice he is losing it go and try to gank their mid or camp runes
Gold: 40,847.70
May 3 2012 02:45pm
Quote (ImoK @ May 3 2012 09:33pm)
well idk smack, those are just heros i stomp MK mid playing against 1800+ players

arachna - u can basically keep him out of xp range with ur q spell since its awesome harass + no creep aggro
silho same thing but relentless salvo
pebb (ur combo at lvl 4 kills him, it does more dmg than mk's combo at lvl 4)
nomad - the w is strong as fuck against any melee hero
morax - enter harass battle and spam axes at lvl 3-4, if he uses combo at u, he will die since then he has no getaway
salf - u wont kill him but u will never die lol.
dw - cant lasthit against this guy, at lvl 6 u got a kill

yep i agree with all of those

i'm just stating that one of the reasons MK is so good is he has EVERYTHING an easy-mode hero needs, so in pub vs pub where both players are bad, MK has an advantage since his opponent won't normally have the skill to beat him, even if he does have even hero / hero advantage.

the problem with MK really is:

1) good base damage
2) melee so stout shield + hatchet is easymode for lasthits vs bad ranged players
3) easy combo that u can learn and do over and over without too much practice
4) high movespeed + 2 ways to gain distance quickly for rune control
5) same as 4) but for getaways
6) high enough HP to tank a little bit, especially after u get a few HP items
7) because of almost all the above, requires very little proper positioning

so basically, a drooling moron can play this hero to almost his full capability, whereas the same drooling moron couldn't play a hero like arachna to anywhere near the same potential because

1) hard to last hit at early levels before you get aura and shit
2) low HP, dies easily to combos
3) needs awesome positioning in teamfights / mid to not get caught and die
4) no escapes
5) need to be able to balance orb walk harass and last hitting (most players suck horribly at this, will end up getting no CK either way).
6) low movespeed, hard to control runes without help, doesn't benefit from bottle

general point is MK is a very forgiving hero. you can make lots of mistakes, take too much harass, have shit positioning, and be bad at lasthitting but still do fine because the hero itself makes up for it. can't think of any other hero that is that forgiving
Go Back To Heroes of Newerth Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll