d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Official Playstation All-stars Battle Royale
12363Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.01
Apr 29 2012 07:17am

Release Date: TBA, Fall 2012
Characters Announced: Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Sly Cooper, Parappa the Rappa, Fat Princess and Rade
Stages Announced: 4 atm. Ratchet and Clank, GoW, Jak & Daxter, Little Big planet themed stages.

Quote explaining how "AP" works. It is your special bar you build up from hitting your enemies. Similar to a lot of fighters like street fighter, mvc, mk, etc. It is kind of like taking traditional fighting games with HP and specials and applying it to the smash brothers formula
Let's get the blindingly obvious out of the way first: this is, for all intents and purposes, a Super Smash Brothers game with Sony characters instead of Mario, Link and co. That's not a bad thing, by any means - and nascent developers Superbot (who've been built from the ground up to handle this very title) have done a good job of capturing the spirit of bouncy, over-the-top, irreverent mash-up fun that Nintendo managed to create with their flagship comedy brawler.

Here's how it works: you and up to three other Sony IPs spoiling for a brawl are chucked into a fairly simple arena and set about hitting each other with sticks and a variety of other colourful objects. The more you hit, the more AP (Action Points, I presume?) you gather. Spending AP lets you unleash Super Attacks, which are the only moves that kill opponents, and they come in three tiers depending on how many AP you've earned: Level one is a close-range attack, level two tends to explode in an area burst, and level three generally involves some sort of transformation - allowing you to stomp around killing everyone multiple times over as they respawn.

There are plenty of hazards, though, which'll drain your AP like nobody's business. Dangerous terrain features include the giant blades of God of War alumni Hades, stray barrages of golf balls from Everybody's Golf as they invade a Ratchet and Clank level, and whirring mechanical pits in Jak and Daxter's metropolis (The land of Hades, adorably, is invaded by an army from Patapon in the closing stages of the level). There are also collectible, ammo-limited weapons to nab - rocket launchers, bombs, glaives - and these will send AP spitting out of you in physical form, ready for other players to collect.

In depth read on each character. Good read if you have time to kill, the characters sound really fun and indepth. I like the idea how sly can't block but can go invisible instead.
http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/playstation_allstars_battle_royal/features/article/playstation_all_stars_battle_royale_the_first_six_characters_in_massive_detail_2.html

Previews:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/27/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-smashes-through-the-playsta/

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDgtQhjE6OQ

This post was edited by gramkracka22 on Apr 29 2012 07:40am
Apr 29 2012 07:22am
I will have real internet by fall, 2012 btw. And I will be playing this game TO DEATH, so I will hit you all up then. Following all news on the game religiously too. I would give my left nut sack to have this game on the vita..just the thought of it gives me chills.

Can't wait for e3, sure there will be a lot of new stuff about the game then

This post was edited by gramkracka22 on Apr 29 2012 07:22am
Gold: 81.17
Apr 29 2012 07:32am
The game looks good. But the characters are poor.
Gold: 1,319.00
Apr 29 2012 07:37am
you got it backwards brah

hot shots golf+jak and daxter

ratchet and clank + metropilis
Apr 29 2012 07:38am
Quote (XpopcornX @ Apr 29 2012 07:37am)

watbakwards?
Apr 29 2012 07:39am
Quote (gramkracka22 @ Apr 29 2012 09:38am)
watbakwards?

jak and daxter is sandover village

ratchet and clank is metropolis

There are plenty of hazards, though, which'll drain your AP like nobody's business. Dangerous terrain features include the giant blades of God of War alumni Hades, stray barrages of golf balls from Everybody's Golf as they invade a Ratchet and Clank level, and whirring mechanical pits in Jak and Daxter's metropolis (The land of Hades, adorably, is invaded by an army from Patapon in the closing stages of the level). There are also collectible, ammo-limited weapons to nab - rocket launchers, bombs, glaives - and these will send AP spitting out of you in physical form, ready for other players to collect.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 29 2012 07:40am
Quote (XpopcornX @ Apr 29 2012 08:37am)

Good movie.

Although by these screen shots this game doesn't seem to be doing the PS3 justice.
Apr 29 2012 07:40am
fix't, I think :P
Apr 29 2012 07:46am
Quote (gramkracka22 @ Apr 29 2012 09:40am)
fix't, I think :P

There are plenty of hazards, though, which'll drain your AP like nobody's business. Dangerous terrain features include the giant blades of God of War alumni Hades, stray barrages of golf balls from Everybody's Golf as they invade a Jak and Daxter level, and whirring mechanical pits in Ratchet and Clank's metropolis (The land of Hades, adorably, is invaded by an army from Patapon in the closing stages of the level). There are also collectible, ammo-limited weapons to nab - rocket launchers, bombs, glaives - and these will send AP spitting out of you in physical form, ready for other players to collect.

i just highlighted what was wrong this is wut needs to be fixed
Apr 29 2012 07:49am
so that one stage is a from everybody's golf/jak/ratchet? I dunt even know ne more, w.e CAN"T EDIT ANY MROE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited by gramkracka22 on Apr 29 2012 07:49am
Go Back To Sony Topic List
12363Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll