d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ron Paul On Medical Care > Tldr Version 4 Those Who Care To Discuss
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,525.35
Apr 14 2012 11:14am
Quote (Wakeskater77 @ Apr 14 2012 12:57pm)
Missed this one:

The fact that you're comparing the market for D2 items to the health care market demonstrates quite clearly you don't know anything about economics.

Honestly though, I've explained why there is no free market in health care about 10 different times. If you haven't figured it out by now...well...then you're just another example of America's failed education system.

Ive seen bold claims with broken links. Nothing that will break the laws of economics.
I've already pointed out how obviously our current system isnt free market with so many bad regulations and so much intervention and mandates.
Anyone with common sense will tell you a freer strategy will drive down prices.

but oh hey public education. just another example of inefficient government intervention at work.
Gold: 133,165.00
Apr 14 2012 04:38pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Apr 14 2012 09:12am)
hahahaha

Yeah man, medical science is all bunk and shit.

i didn't say that. I'm not an idiot though that looks at a study and blindly accepts its conclusions. I've spent half of my major learning how to interpret results and to be able to tell whether or not the conclusions are solid or not (said interpreter) is making.

Quote (Skinned @ Apr 14 2012 09:15am)
He claims to be a psychology major too lol.

Why would anybody study an area that they don't believe is real?

He actually said that mental illness isn't real and is a societal construct and nothing more.

Just wait you haven't been back long enough to see the full glory of RUSSIABANK.

mental illness comprises like < 5% of the entire major of psychology. The majority of the study of psych has nothing to do with classification of disorders, nor are most people interested in said trash.
Gold: 110.00
Apr 14 2012 08:55pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 14 2012 11:00am)
Right its better than when care was more affordable for all, doctors and patients could decide what was the best plan for themselves, and we had the best health care in the world.
im sure.

if your link actually worked i might read it.

Try this one: http://www.nber.org/papers/w7266.pdf?new_window=1

Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 14 2012 11:14am)
Ive seen bold claims with broken links. Nothing that will break the laws of economics.
I've already pointed out how obviously our current system isnt free market with so many bad regulations and so much intervention and mandates.
Anyone with common sense will tell you a freer strategy will drive down prices.

but oh hey public education. just another example of inefficient government intervention at work.

There are no "laws" of economics. Again, demonstrating your lack of knowledge regarding economics.

You're aware that Germany has a system that is very similar to the American one, that is even more heavily regulated, and achieves much lower costs.

Singapore attempted to use a "free market" highly competitive system with medical savings accounts and catastrophic insurance...it turned out to be grossly inefficient, until after the government put in place several regulations that controlled costs.

Go read the Arrow paper I posted...it's by far the most cited health economics paper...it details why the health market is far different than any other market.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll