d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > The New 2-a-day Routine (iso Opinions) > Details Inside
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 118,866.80
Apr 14 2012 11:34am
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Apr 14 2012 12:14pm)
Dont forget, being sore for x amount of time =\= better gains!

What do you mean by healing techniques?  I need some techniques for my fuckin legs :lol:  they just start feeling right again come day 6 ( 1 day before squat :( )

Legs are the worst and actually before I started doing all of the techniques well and consistent, they hurt for about 4 days.

Here they are in order from important to least (but do them all if you can)

1: eating atleast 1.5g/lb of protein a day.
2: eating a whey shake with 40g of p and a banana ASAP after workout.
3: taking COLD showers after the gym right after taking a protein shake.
4: messaging the muscle with a squeezing technique rather then a rubbing one to remove lactic acid.
5: messaging before bed with a rubbing technique.
6: eating 40+g of slow absorbing protein at night 30 min before bed.
7: drinking a lot of water (can honestly go right at the top of the list but I assume this is done already).
8: taking in all you daily vitamins and minerals.
Apr 14 2012 11:38am
Quote (Decarnate @ Apr 14 2012 12:29pm)
I don't like it at all tbh.  But if you're gettin on a cycle then I guess it should be ok.  Way too much and I have never been a fan of hitting the same muscles 2 days in a row (biceps on 1 day then back the next.)  That routine looks like it will grind your shoulders up as well.

These were my mains worries with it tbh.

However it has you doing tbings like rows that night then bis the morning after.
I notice when I do rows I may feel it a little bit in my bis when I do it with great form but not much, and are never sore the next day.

Still skepticalhippo.jpg though.
Gold: 200.00
Apr 14 2012 11:57am
Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Apr 14 2012 11:34am)
Legs are the worst and actually before I started doing all of the techniques well and consistent, they hurt for about 4 days.

Here they are in order from important to least (but do them all if you can)

1: eating atleast 1.5g/lb of protein a day.
2: eating a whey shake with 40g of p and a banana ASAP after workout.
3: taking COLD showers after the gym right after taking a protein shake.
4: messaging the muscle with a squeezing technique rather then a rubbing one to remove lactic acid.
5: messaging before bed with a rubbing technique.
6: eating 40+g of slow absorbing protein at night 30 min before bed.
7: drinking a lot of water (can honestly go right at the top of the list but I assume this is done already).
8: taking in all you daily vitamins and minerals.

inb4 shit storm disproving the anabolic window.
Gold: 8,625.31
Apr 14 2012 11:59am
thats the type of workout routine id do if i was juicing.. so, go for it
Apr 14 2012 12:07pm
Quote (h4wks @ Apr 14 2012 12:57pm)

I have read more than you can imagine in the subject and I have totally taken out my opinions on it while personally testing it.
To my experience I have noticed that taking in a quick abrorbing protein that includes bcaas after the gym has helped me recover slightly quicker.
However the importance of eating even after that shake (within and hour) makes a even bigger difference.

Do NOT wait until you are hungry eat. This means you have wait too long and are depriving yourself of nutrients.
Gold: 461.04
Warn: 70%
Apr 14 2012 12:15pm
Quote (Decarnate @ 14 Apr 2012 19:29)
I don't like it at all tbh.  But if you're gettin on a cycle then I guess it should be ok.  Way too much and I have never been a fan of hitting the same muscles 2 days in a row (biceps on 1 day then back the next.)  That routine looks like it will grind your shoulders up as well.

Yes, that's the thing I didn't like too... I'd rather do Chest and Back on Monday, and some Leg work on Tuesday. Perhaps Arms in the evening after that, but if you have to get a worse training because of your arms being tired already, be sure that you train your chest and back well, and have a worse arms session. Better off than having a good arm session and a bad back training.
Apr 14 2012 12:46pm
Quote (JiMbOAbSoLuT @ Apr 14 2012 01:15pm)
Yes, that's the thing I didn't like too... I'd rather do Chest and Back on Monday, and some Leg work on Tuesday. Perhaps Arms in the evening after that, but if you have to get a worse training because of your arms being tired already, be sure that you train your chest and back well, and have a worse arms session. Better off than having a good arm session and a bad back training.

No lol, just no.
Gold: 18,219.00
Apr 14 2012 12:57pm
Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Apr 14 2012 01:07pm)
I have read more than you can imagine in the subject and I have totally taken out my opinions on it while personally testing it.
To my experience I have noticed that taking in a quick abrorbing protein that includes bcaas after the gym has helped me recover slightly quicker.
However the importance of eating even after that shake (within and hour) makes a even bigger difference.

Do NOT wait until you are hungry eat. This means you have wait too long and are depriving yourself of nutrients.

Man, the anabolic window is not true at all. More like anabolic 2 days lmao.

Some good tips and some broish things but i can see your ideology behind carbs post workout if you do this much volume.
Gold: 83.30
Apr 14 2012 01:16pm
Quote (h4wks @ Apr 14 2012 05:57pm)

http://mennohenselmans.com/workout-nutrition-is-a-scam/

a bit of fuel on the fire.
Gold: 5,000.77
Apr 14 2012 01:19pm
Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Apr 14 2012 09:07pm)

Recovery status of physical exertion is measured by the polypeptide GH gradient upon elevated secretion via somatotroph cells of the pituitary gland.
GH relation to AA, noticeably Ornithine alpha ketoglutarate, Arginine pyroglutamate and Lysine, were not found to act as neurotransmission reciprocal agents, binders or catalysts.
Though research findings proved the majority of the test subjects to have increased GH (Percentiles differ between experiments), the control groups who had been given placebo supplementation had over 95% match in GH increments.
The matter is still being researched, though concrete regulation between GH and AA have not yet been correlated scientifically. The general placebo remains constant.

http://www.vrp.com/amino-acids/growth-hormone-amino-acids-as-gh-secretagogues-a-review-of-the-literature
http://ezinearticles.com/?Relationship-Between-Blood-Amino-Acid-and-GH-Levels&id=765981

Quote (]GS[ Controller @ Apr 14 2012 09:07pm)

Sensation of hunger has been proven null to claims of deprivation years ago. Glycemic stores in the liver and bloodstream are durable to self sustain and avoid depletion (Via gluconeogenesis) for a period of 3 days. That entails a full fasting period of that time, given only the non-energy yielding nutrients- Water, vitamins and minerals, while having complete sustenance of FFM during the 72hr period.

Quote (Health.Protocole.Fast)
Fasting and Cellular Toxicity
Fasting triggers a cleansing process that affects every cell and tissue in the body; elimination of dead and dying cells while stimulating generation of new cells (Shirley's Wellness Cafe 2003). During a fast, toxic waste products impair nourishment of cells are eliminated with restoration of normal metabolic rates and oxygenation. A fast offers respite from energy-demanding digestion (10% of caloric intake is used for mastication, digestion, assimilation, and elimination). Instead, energy can be redirected toward improved immune function, elimination and cell growth.

Within 24 hours of food restriction, digestive enzymes stop entering the stomach and instead other enzymes are released into the intestines and bloodstream, where they circulate and digest waste materials of daily living. Advocates of fasting believe that the body will first decompose and burn those cells and tissues which are diseased, damaged, or aged, e.g., dead cells and morbid accumulations (tumors, abscesses, and fatty deposits). Renowned advocates of fasting refer to fasting as a means of burning the rubbish' (Saxion, 2002). Essential and vital organs, such as nervous tissue and brain, are not damaged during a well-planned fast.

Starvation can have pronounced effects on major body systems and organs. The basic metabolic response to starvation is to preserve vital tissues and create energy. Eventually, following prolonged starvation, the body is must survival by use of essential tissues for energy, including muscles and organs. Liver and intestines typically lose higher percentages of their weight during starvation, followed by the heart and kidneys. Reduction in heart size may lower blood pressure and pulse rate. Total starvation is usually fatal in 8-12 weeks, depending on body size. Long-term dehydration ultimately leads to kidney failure (Pale Reflections 1998; Merck 1999).

http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcls-txt/t-prtcl-160.html
TEF in a nutshell: http://www.shapesense.com/nutrition/articles/thermic-effect-of-food.aspx
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll