d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Spiritual
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 581.00
Apr 22 2012 02:24pm
Any form of fundamentalism or ideological dogmas is bad for society regardless if it is religious or not.
Gold: 722.53
Warn: 10%
Apr 22 2012 02:46pm
Quote (TCassa89 @ Apr 22 2012 03:02am)
what the hell are you talking about?...

before Huxley people did not refer to themselves as "agnostic"

it is a meaningless term of phrase regarding spirituality as technically speaking each and every individual is agnostic to the absolute truth, if you want to express that you see your belief as a belief and not a knowledge then you say "I am an agnostic atheist"

..which is also unnecessary because everyone is agnostic.. unless you want to express that much that you are not that arrogant in the head about your beliefs.

Just read up on how agnostic came about in description of spiritual belief, it's not a matter of opinion. The definition is what it is

No, not everyone is agnostic. That's my point.
Gold: 1.00
Apr 22 2012 10:02pm
Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 22 2012 01:10pm)
The Soviet Union formed a Cult of Personality where figures like Stalin were essentially worshiped as heroes and idols. It's similar to what North Korea had with Kim Jung-il. It's essentially an atheistic religion, but a religion nonetheless.

the way the communist nations manipulate their people is very similar to how the church driven states manipulate theirs

..which puts me back to my original point, that it is not necessarily the religion itself that is bad.. it is the governments that use it as a power of authority

Gold: 5,333.00
Apr 22 2012 11:30pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Apr 5 2012 06:49pm)
everything in society is man made. it is all a cult. these forums and computers we post on are man made. these wars are man made, based off "religious" bias.

everything has pros and cons. i personally think the stories in those religions are true and really happened. i also think they are very old and maybe we just don't have a good understanding about what they mean and how they related to those times. there is a reason why religion has been an important theme all throughout human history. depending on your interpretation of a religion or belief system you can easily say it is the root of all evil i guess you make a point. i also think religion is a great learning tool it gives some insight into the past and they say history repeats itself so it can be all that bad. i personally like the eastern religions better they make a bit more sense to me. i really think that the christian religion has been manipulated against the Christians. i mean just look at the pope he looks like emperor palpatine from star wars.

emperor palpatine:
http://www.theforce.net/kids/coruscant/probe_droid/palpatine.jpg
pope:
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2010/4/12/8/enhanced-buzz-6121-1271074564-64.jpg

i'm gonna take a guess that your school is probably crap and that is why you hate religion because they maybe jam it down your throat?

lol
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll