d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Spiritual
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2012 10:57am
My father asked me today if I believed in god, I told him the truth and said I was agnostic. He didn't seem to mind (thank god... ;) ). I told him that I thought religion was absolutely bullshit and down right outrageous, and is the #1 cause for the majority of all wars.
Then he said that he was "spiritual". He completely agreed with me that religion is bullshit (I've never been so proud) and that he DOES believe in god, and was brought up Catholic, doesn't consider himself religious. He thinks that he / her is all in our hearts. I wasn't going to bash him on it, because if it's what he believes, I'm not going to say shit to him about it. He also doesn't know what "god" is, he just thinks that he / she is a higher being

Anyways, what do you guys think of this concept? Not being religious, but believe in god (not as much the god being in all of our hearts, that just what he believes. He most likely believes this because he has no clue how he became sober. )

This post was edited by tim226 on Apr 5 2012 10:58am
Gold: 149,520.00
Apr 5 2012 11:14am
religion is not the reason for most wars. most wars are engineered as a form of population control, it is also a great way to create crime, fear and chaos in the world which can be used to push people towards certain ideals like the need for the organizations like UN which is corrupt. wars are also created to destroy freedom and liberty. wars never accomplish anything but blood shed. it only props up the already corrupt power structures.

as for god i believe that we are all one and we are all god. we are created in gods image we can create life by making a child with a woman, we can plant seeds and they grow, we can create tools and harness the energy of the earth/solar system/universe. "god" is in all of us. everyone is religious even if you are an atheist. also to go as far to say everything in religion is absolutely bullshit is pretty ignorant. i used to have this belief. i used to hate on anyone who was religious now i don't because hate breeds hate. religion is just the medium in which some people need to understand this experience we have been brought into as humans. we can never understand it all so for some religion is the tool the use to help keep them sane in the insane world we live in. the problem is people don't practice what the preach and they hate on others beliefs because they don't agree. until the day comes when we can learn not to judge others because they are different and we can accept them because we are all "gods" children then humanity will continuously be manipulated by the ruling class and we will keep having wars and not progress on the right track. or maybe all of this fighting is necessary step in human evolution maybe it is another challenge we must overcome, another lesson to be learned only by making mistakes and then learning the hard way how to correct those mistakes.

Quote (IceMage @ Apr 5 2012 12:17pm)
You do realize this makes no sense at all, right?  Wars don't take out enough people to even come close as a legitimate form of population control.

go tell that to all the people who died during WW2.

wars used to be the main form of population control for many decades and it still is. now they have bio-weapons that can target whole races of people. or soft kill GMO processed foods, chemicals in the air and water that poison everyone. fake medicine (big pharma) is another slow kill method. these methods go after people with certain genes like if they are prone to diabetes, or cancer. then those people must hand their hard earned money over to big pharma to "cure" them of the disease that were funded by the very same organizations who fund big pharma.

This post was edited by BarnabyJones on Apr 5 2012 11:23am
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 5 2012 11:17am
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Apr 5 2012 12:14pm)
religion is not the reason for most wars. most wars are engineered as a form of population control, it is also a great way to create crime, fear and chaos in the world which can be used to push people towards certain ideals like the need for the organizations like UN which is corrupt. wars are  also created to destroy freedom and liberty. wars never accomplish anything but blood shed. it only props up the already corrupt power structures.

as for god i believe that we are all one and we are all god. we are created in gods image we can create life by making a child with a woman, we can plant seeds and they grow, we can create tools and harness the energy of the earth/solar system/universe. "god" is in all of us. everyone is religious even if you are an atheist. also to go as far to say everything in religion is absolutely bullshit is pretty ignorant. i used to have this belief. i used to hate on anyone who was religious now i don't because hate breeds hate. religion is just the medium in which some people need to understand this experience we have been brought into as humans. we can never understand it all so for some religion is the tool the use to help keep them sane in the insane world we live in. the problem is people don't practice what the preach and they hate on others beliefs because they don't agree. until the day comes when we can learn not to judge others because they are different and we can accept them because we are all "gods" children then humanity will continuously be manipulated by the ruling class and we will keep having wars and not progress on the right track. or maybe all of this fighting is necessary step in human evolution maybe it is another challenge we must overcome, another lesson to be learned only by making mistakes and then learning the hard way how to correct those mistakes.

You do realize this makes no sense at all, right? Wars don't take out enough people to even come close as a legitimate form of population control.
Apr 5 2012 12:04pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ 5 Apr 2012 12:14)
religion is not the reason for most wars. most wars are engineered as a form of population control, it is also a great way to create crime, fear and chaos in the world which can be used to push people towards certain ideals like the need for the organizations like UN which is corrupt. wars are  also created to destroy freedom and liberty. wars never accomplish anything but blood shed. it only props up the already corrupt power structures.

as for god i believe that we are all one and we are all god. we are created in gods image we can create life by making a child with a woman, we can plant seeds and they grow, we can create tools and harness the energy of the earth/solar system/universe. "god" is in all of us. everyone is religious even if you are an atheist. also to go as far to say everything in religion is absolutely bullshit is pretty ignorant. i used to have this belief.i used to hate on anyone who was religious now i don't because hate breeds hate.religion is just the medium in which some people need to understand this experience we have been brought into as humans. we can never understand it all so for some religion is the tool the use to help keep them sane in the insane world we live in. the problem is people don't practice what the preach and they hate on others beliefs because they don't agree. until the day comes when we can learn not to judge others because they are different and we can accept them because we are all "gods" children then humanity will continuously be manipulated by the ruling class and we will keep having wars and not progress on the right track. or maybe all of this fighting is necessary step in human evolution maybe it is another challenge we must overcome, another lesson to be learned only by making mistakes and then learning the hard way how to correct those mistakes.

go tell that to all the people who died during WW2.

wars used to be the main form of population control for many decades and it still is. now they have bio-weapons that can target whole races of people. or soft kill GMO processed foods, chemicals in the air and water that poison everyone. fake medicine (big pharma) is another slow kill method. these methods go after people with certain genes like if they are prone to diabetes, or cancer. then those people must hand their hard earned money over to big pharma to "cure" them of the disease that were funded by the very same organizations who fund big pharma.

Just because I hate religion, doesn't mean I'm an asshole. Most of my school is Christian. The only place I'd like people would be on Reddit, if this were the case.

"Good people do good things, bad people do evil things, but it takes Religion to make good people do evil things."

My reasoning for calling religion "bullshit", is that religion is man-made. There is so many flaws with religion, and that being said, some of the so-called "followers" completely contradict themselves. The whole homosexual thing, having tattoos, all of the sort

This post was edited by tim226 on Apr 5 2012 12:09pm
Gold: 5.00
Apr 5 2012 12:42pm
Aww, I'm glad that your father was okay with it. :)

I consider believing in God to be kinda religious, I guess. It's a gray area for me-- I guess you could say I'm kinda agnostic like you, but I believe in God. :lol:

And LOL at the Reddit comment.

inb4atheistandChristianconversionsquads
Gold: 149,520.00
Apr 5 2012 12:49pm
Quote (tim226 @ Apr 5 2012 01:04pm)
Just because I hate religion, doesn't mean I'm an asshole. Most of my school is Christian. The only place I'd like people would be on Reddit, if this were the case.

"Good people do good things, bad people do evil things, but it takes Religion to make good people do evil things."

My reasoning for calling religion "bullshit", is that religion is man-made. There is so many flaws with religion, and that being said, some of the so-called "followers" completely contradict themselves. The whole homosexual thing, having tattoos, all of the sort

everything in society is man made. it is all a cult. these forums and computers we post on are man made. these wars are man made, based off "religious" bias.

everything has pros and cons. i personally think the stories in those religions are true and really happened. i also think they are very old and maybe we just don't have a good understanding about what they mean and how they related to those times. there is a reason why religion has been an important theme all throughout human history. depending on your interpretation of a religion or belief system you can easily say it is the root of all evil i guess you make a point. i also think religion is a great learning tool it gives some insight into the past and they say history repeats itself so it can be all that bad. i personally like the eastern religions better they make a bit more sense to me. i really think that the christian religion has been manipulated against the Christians. i mean just look at the pope he looks like emperor palpatine from star wars.

emperor palpatine:

pope:

i'm gonna take a guess that your school is probably crap and that is why you hate religion because they maybe jam it down your throat?

Gold: 285.00
Apr 5 2012 01:03pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Apr 5 2012 01:49pm)
everything in society is man made. it is all a cult. these forums and computers we post on are man made. these wars are man made, based off "religious" bias.

everything has pros and cons. i personally think the stories in those religions are true and really happened. i also think they are very old and maybe we just don't have a good understanding about what they mean and how they related to those times. there is a reason why religion has been an important theme all throughout human history. depending on your interpretation of a religion or belief system you can easily say it is the root of all evil i guess you make a point. i also think religion is a great learning tool it gives some insight into the past and they say history repeats itself so it can be all that bad. i personally like the eastern religions better they make a bit more sense to me. i really think that the christian religion has been manipulated against the Christians. i mean just look at the pope he looks like emperor palpatine from star wars.

emperor palpatine:
http://www.theforce.net/kids/coruscant/probe_droid/palpatine.jpg
pope:
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2010/4/12/8/enhanced-buzz-6121-1271074564-64.jpg

i'm gonna take a guess that your school is probably crap and that is why you hate religion because they maybe jam it down your throat?

Gold: 10.77
Apr 5 2012 01:22pm
IT'S A RATHER SANE WAY OF BELIEF AND IS THE WAY THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF THIS NATION BELIEVED AS WELL.
Apr 8 2012 12:10pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ 5 Apr 2012 13:49)

emperor palpatine:
http://www.theforce.net/kids/coruscant/probe_droid/palpatine.jpg
pope:
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2010/4/12/8/enhanced-buzz-6121-1271074564-64.jpg

Naw, they don't preach it here or anything, just about everyone goes to CCD, though. Just the vast majority of people there happen to be Christian or Catholic
Apr 8 2012 12:35pm
I think WWI and WWII (secular wars in less than 50 years) caused more deaths than any 50 year (or even 1000 year period) of time.
The problem is secularism has been in power for only a hundred years or so, and it has already proven itself a better war machine than religion. Imagine giving it 1000 years.
Just consider this, today are secular countries killing people right now or religions ones?

Clearly, when secularism is in power, more people per unit time die in war than when religion was in power. Just something people have overlooked and need to consider. And if peace is the only measure of truth than religion is the better choice.

This post was edited by simpleforce on Apr 8 2012 12:37pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll