d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Angelo's Cnc Thread > Come One Come All.
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,845.00
May 19 2012 08:56pm
Quote (DeadlySanity @ May 19 2012 07:17pm)
Blue spot over face is a nono. Other than that, I don't know. It's kinda chaotic/random for my taste.

Oh... it just bothers me. Idk why.

yah it bothered me too lol
it looks so wierd cause its like something is blocking it from reaching his jaw
and that super light blue too is wierd
Gold: 268.00
May 20 2012 02:07am
Quote (AngeloMisery @ May 20 2012 05:15am)
http://i.imgur.com/DNnd9.png

Learning with KillKillKill (he did the hard stuff) .

You can always practice some photomanipulating and remove unwanted spots from the render, like the blue light in this one. :D Or you could have added a c4d somewhere around his right side, and then put a blue orb behind that c4d so it would look like the c4d created the shadow on his face. That would blend it alot to the environment, but i think it would be quite hard to do.
I have to agree with DeadlySanity, it's too chaotic. I think you could have added a bit more depth in this one by blurring the spot on the right of his face (the light area that looks like its further away.) and maybe blurring the c4d that is on top of him on his left side and then sharpen the whole render, I think that would define some of the effects, and pop them out from the bg, and maybe it wouldn't look so chaotic. I like the way you blended it, i think its done really good. Only thing is that you could up a bit contrast on the render so it would match the environment a bit better and you have alot of magenta light around the render, so i would have added some magenta lights/shadows on the render too.
The render placement is the best you could possibly do with that render imo. The problem is that it doesnt really look so good and doesnt follow the rule of thirds. Then again, if you would lower the render so that the face would hit the "hotspot" ^^ then the gun and the arm would be cut off at the bottom and it would look silly. So i think the render isn't the optimal choice for this shaped tag, or this shaped tag isn't the optimal choice for that render. ^^

Overall i think its a really decent tag, You could have added a nice typo on the bottom left ROT hotspot, maybe? I suggest to try and do the typo, some ppl say that you should stay away from it at the beginning but i personally disagree with that. I think you should do it everytime you want it, but when you open a topic for CnC just post a versioin with and w/o the typo, you will never learn it if you wont practice it, but that's just my opinion.
Also i think at this point you shouldn't get stuck with one tag, so just move on to next tutorial and tag and keep in mind the mistakes and the good things you did in this one and try to do them better in the next one :)

Keep it up!

This post was edited by HydraManteli on May 20 2012 02:10am
May 20 2012 12:20pm
Quote (HydraManteli @ May 20 2012 01:07am)
You can always practice some photomanipulating and remove unwanted spots from the render, like the blue light in this one. :D Or you could have added a c4d somewhere around his right side, and then put a blue orb behind that c4d so it would look like the c4d created the shadow on his face. That would blend it alot to the environment, but i think it would be quite hard to do.
I have to agree with DeadlySanity, it's too chaotic. I think you could have added a bit more depth in this one by blurring the spot on the right of his face (the light area that looks like its further away.) and maybe blurring the c4d that is on top of him on his left side and then sharpen the whole render, I think that would define some of the effects, and pop them out from the bg, and maybe it wouldn't look so chaotic. I like the way you blended it, i think its done really good. Only thing is that you could up a bit contrast on the render so it would match the environment a bit better and you have alot of magenta light around the render, so i would have added some magenta lights/shadows on the render too.
The render placement is the best you could possibly do with that render imo. The problem is that it doesnt really look so good and doesnt follow the rule of thirds. Then again, if you would lower the render so that the face would hit the "hotspot" ^^ then the gun and the arm would be cut off at the bottom and it would look silly. So i think the render isn't the optimal choice for this shaped tag, or this shaped tag isn't the optimal choice for that render. ^^

Overall i think its a really decent tag, You could have added a nice typo on the bottom left ROT hotspot, maybe? I suggest to try and do the typo, some ppl say that you should stay away from it at the beginning but i personally disagree with that. I think you should do it everytime you want it, but when you open a topic for CnC just post a versioin with and w/o the typo, you will never learn it if you wont practice it, but that's just my opinion.
Also i think at this point you shouldn't get stuck with one tag, so just move on to next tutorial and tag and keep in mind the mistakes and the good things you did in this one and try to do them better in the next one :)

Keep it up!

I wish i got this type of cnc :(
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2012 12:34pm
Quote (killkillkillkil @ May 20 2012 01:20pm)
I wish i got this type of cnc :(

I know I was trying to read it when I first woke up and I couldn't do it. I then after being awake for a while read and was just in awe of such awesomeness.

I do really appreciate it hydra and agree with almost all of the points, only thing I disagree with is typo. I just don't like typo 90% of the time and don't see a point to having it really.
May 20 2012 12:40pm
Quote (AngeloMisery @ May 20 2012 09:34pm)
I know I was trying to read it when I first woke up and I couldn't do it. I then after being awake for a while read and was just in awe of such awesomeness.

I do really appreciate it hydra and agree with almost all of the points, only thing I disagree with is typo. I just don't like typo 90% of the time and don't see a point to having it really.

Yeah ^^ I think typo is one of the things that really divide ppls opinions. They either like it, or dont like it.
Personally, I love well done typo in tags and I also love making them ^^

This post was edited by HydraManteli on May 20 2012 12:41pm
May 20 2012 12:42pm
Quote (HydraManteli @ May 20 2012 01:40pm)
Yeah ^^ I think typo is one of the things that really divide ppls opinions. They either like it, or dont like it.
Personally, I love well done typo in tags and I also love to make them ^^

And you do an awesome job, deff one of the people who I am like damn that typo is tight. Unfortunately majority of the time I think it is Ok but always seems a lot of the time an after thought and not well made into it, or I just flat
out don't like it.

ZZZ apparently trying to type out coherent thought today is quite taxing.

This post was edited by AngeloMisery on May 20 2012 12:45pm
May 20 2012 12:52pm
Quote (AngeloMisery @ May 20 2012 09:42pm)
And you do an awesome job, deff one of the people who I am like damn that typo is tight. Unfortunately majority of the time I think it is Ok but always seems a lot of the time an after thought and not well made into it, or I just flat
out don't like it.

ZZZ apparently trying to type out coherent thought today is quite taxing.

Thx m8. And yeah, i totally understand what you mean. IMO the request section has ruind the reputation of typo in tags a bit... They just slap the name on some corner with bleeding cowboys after everything else is made, and without any kind of blending...
Jun 4 2012 03:15pm
Jun 4 2012 11:20pm
eyes are blue
bra is red
bg is blue
dont really like the colour choice
Jun 5 2012 08:06am
Quote (killkillkillkil @ Jun 5 2012 12:20am)
eyes are blue
bra is red
bg is blue
dont really like the colour choice

It is themed more by what she is doing (swimming) then by colours. It is supposed to be a fun day at the beach, plus red and blue go together nub just ask the United States.
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll