d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Favorite Fighter(s) > List Your Choice(s) And Why!
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Mar 15 2012 09:50pm
From watching the UFC's from 10 - 40, I was always a fan of Tito Ortiz, Mark Coleman and Ken Shamrock. Tito sorta brought the entertainment aspect mainstream, proving you dont have to be the greatest fighter, aslong as you can put asses in seats. Mark Coleman, when young and with legal headbutts was a fucking scary thought. Ken shamrock intrigued me with diving at the ankles of his opponents.

Post old era UFC, I found out about pride. Sakuraba laid waste to many top competitors and was the gracie killer, nothing more to be said.

Nowadays Gegard Moussasi is prolly my favorite fighter. He lacks the takedown defense, but when he is on his game and able to keep it stand up, I love watching his boxing.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2012 10:00pm
Vinny Magalhaes
Gold: 1,243.00
Mar 15 2012 10:04pm
Just discovered Pat Barry... very funny guy and kickass striker
Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2012 10:07pm
Rashad Evans. The first ever UFC fight iWatched was a bootleg youtube video where he knocked out Chuck at UFC 88. iHATED him at first because he beat some of my other favorites like Forrest, Rampage, Thiago Silva, etc. But after he left Greg Jackson's camp, he earned my respect. Hopefully he can pull it off against Jones.

This post was edited by PrettyBoy_John on Mar 15 2012 10:08pm
Warn: 60%
Mar 15 2012 10:11pm
Nick Diaz, people think he's a "thug" but that really couldn't be further from the truth; if you meet the dude in person while he's not training for a fight you'd be so fucking surprised. He always comes to fight, been a fan of his since he knocked out Robbie Lawler back at like UFC 46? Somewhere around there.

Nate Diaz, always comes to fight like his brother, and is getting better and better every fight.

Shogun, he dominated in Pride, and despite multiple knee/shoulder surgeries he managed to hand Machida his first loss and capture the UFC LHW title(Machida should have lost twice, their first fight was bullshit).

Fedor, I'll probably get a lot of shit for this, but he's not nearly as "washed up" as people think he is. He lost to 3 good fighters, Bigfoot was just too fucking big for him. His run in Pride was fucking amazing, and now that M1 Global is pretty much bankrupt, hopefully we'll see him in the UFC...who knows though.

Pat Barry, dude always comes to fight as well, and he's fucking hilarious.
Gold: 0.69
Mar 15 2012 10:11pm
Quote (PrettyBoy_John @ Mar 16 2012 04:07am)
Rashad Evans. The first ever UFC fight iWatched was a bootleg youtube video where he knocked out Chuck at UFC 88. iHATED him at first because he beat some of my other favorites like Forrest, Rampage, Thiago Silva, etc. But after he left Greg Jackson's camp, he earned my respect. Hopefully he can pull it off against Jones.

I can feel you on disliking him at first

Bigballuh - Fedor and Diaz brothers are great fighters also!

This post was edited by Psyxcho on Mar 15 2012 10:12pm
Gold: 3.00
Mar 15 2012 10:13pm
Quote (BigBalluh @ Mar 15 2012 11:11pm)
Nick Diaz, people think he's a "thug" but that really couldn't be further from the truth; if you meet the dude in person while he's not training for a fight you'd be so fucking surprised. He always comes to fight, been a fan of his since he knocked out Robbie Lawler back at like UFC 46? Somewhere around there.

Nate Diaz, always comes to fight like his brother, and is getting better and better every fight.

Shogun, he dominated in Pride, and despite multiple knee/shoulder surgeries he managed to hand Machida his first loss and capture the UFC LHW title(Machida should have lost twice, their first fight was bullshit).

Fedor, I'll probably get a lot of shit for this, but he's not nearly as "washed up" as people think he is. He lost to 3 good fighters, Bigfoot was just too fucking big for him. His run in Pride was fucking amazing, and now that M1 Global is pretty much bankrupt, hopefully we'll see him in the UFC...who knows though.

Pat Barry, dude always comes to fight as well, and he's fucking hilarious.

diaz brothers are good but they are annoying with how they act.
chael p sonnen #1
Gold: 1.40
Mar 15 2012 10:22pm
Dan Henderson is my favorite fighter.
Gold: 25.00
Mar 15 2012 10:24pm
anderson silva - greatest fighter of all times in my books. the way he moves and his technique.. it's just art.

nate diaz - always comes to fight, always comes to finish. awesome style and great technique. nate can back up all the shit he talks and I love him for that.

murilo bustamante - pioneer of the sport who's legacy lives on as through btt as one of it's co-founders. great ufc fights, great pride fights.

chuck liddell and bj penn - idolized them since high school. they are legends. don't really have to explain it, people understand.

This post was edited by PRBJJ on Mar 15 2012 10:25pm
Trader: Scammer
Mar 15 2012 10:30pm
Akihiro Gono

and

Genki Sudo

slickest japs ever
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll