d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Thread
Prev1163164165166167296Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 7 2017 11:37am
Realistically who would we have for a backup? Go back to McCown? Glennon might not be an amazing starter, but he's efficient enough. Put him on a team that needs a game manager like Chicago, and he could do OK. Paying that much for him seems a bit high.

Seeing mock drafts with us taking Christian McCaffery. Thoughts? I'm really hoping we just continue to develop defensively.
Gold: 3,500.80
Mar 7 2017 12:42pm
Quote (Anton24 @ Mar 7 2017 11:37am)
Realistically who would we have for a backup? Go back to McCown? Glennon might not be an amazing starter, but he's efficient enough. Put him on a team that needs a game manager like Chicago, and he could do OK. Paying that much for him seems a bit high.

Seeing mock drafts with us taking Christian McCaffery. Thoughts? I'm really hoping we just continue to develop defensively.

How can they utilize a game manager when they have no discernible talent on either side of the ball aside from a couple streaky RBs?
Mar 7 2017 12:45pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Mar 7 2017 11:42am)
How can they utilize a game manager when they have no discernible talent on either side of the ball aside from a couple streaky RBs?

That's just it man, I don't really see anywhere he would go, maybe the Jets? Might be a better fit there. I think he could do OK anywhere, he's really tall and makes good decisions. As to how they would utilize him? Lean on defense and hope they can establish a running game from those streaky boys. I wish I could say I had watched more of Mike. West Coast makes it rough aside from NFL Redzone.
Gold: 2.00
Mar 11 2017 05:54pm
So we resigned Rogers, and picked up Baker and DJax. I wonder now the fate of VJax. If the price is right, I say hold onto him for 1 more year. Tho his constant injury problem kinda taints him. Tho that should make it cheap to keep him. He's still and explosive red zone target.

Imho, we either go OLine in the first, or get an edge rusher to compliment the great DLine we've put together.
Gold: 3,500.80
Mar 11 2017 05:58pm
Quote (MasterJediSwan @ Mar 11 2017 05:54pm)
So we resigned Rogers, and picked up Baker and DJax. I wonder now the fate of VJax. If the price is right, I say hold onto him for 1 more year. Tho his constant injury problem kinda taints him. Tho that should make it cheap to keep him. He's still and explosive red zone target.

Imho, we either go OLine in the first, or get an edge rusher to compliment the great DLine we've put together.

No idea how you guys got Erin Rogers but nice pickup. He's a decent QB
Gold: 2.00
Mar 11 2017 07:34pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Mar 11 2017 07:58pm)
No idea how you guys got Erin Rogers but nice pickup. He's a decent QB

Rodgers* spelling error.
Gold: 8,860.00
Mar 13 2017 04:51pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ 7 Mar 2017 05:47)
Well, they resigned Gholston for 5 years, so that's nice.

They offered Glennon 7 million to stay in Tampa. Interesting, I wonder if it is because their cap space? Do they not trust Jameis? Do they want to sign him and eventually trade him?

Either way it seems he declined that and wants to pursue a starting gig on the free agent market. Good luck to him, wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance somewhere. He's better than Osweiller in my opinion, just didn't have the same exposure.

It's because in a brady / peyton style system Glennon can be a really good QB. Give him a quick pass game and he's solid.

I say fair play to him, glad he's been paid, best of luck and RiP as the bears is a shit situation.

Glad we have Gholston back, that is a relief would really miss his size. Over the moon we got DJax and this Baker dude, i really need to do some homework on him i don't really know of him. Safety has been addressed too, and I don't hate Conte as much as I have in the past, he only seriously pissed me off last year.

Where we going in the draft guys?? Who's good and who's a warning flag?

I think RB / DT / S / C are priorities, and WR.

Edit - fucking Osweiner, i hate that glennon keeps being thrown around in the same vein as McClown and him. He's better than Hoyer too

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Mar 13 2017 04:56pm
Mar 17 2017 10:29am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Mar 13 2017 03:51pm)
It's because in a brady / peyton style system Glennon can be a really good QB. Give him a quick pass game and he's solid.

I say fair play to him, glad he's been paid, best of luck and RiP as the bears is a shit situation.

Glad we have Gholston back, that is a relief would really miss his size. Over the moon we got DJax and this Baker dude, i really need to do some homework on him i don't really know of him. Safety has been addressed too, and I don't hate Conte as much as I have in the past, he only seriously pissed me off last year.

Where we going in the draft guys?? Who's good and who's a warning flag?

I think RB / DT / S / C are priorities, and WR.

Edit - fucking Osweiner, i hate that glennon keeps being thrown around in the same vein as McClown and him. He's better than Hoyer too

Most underrated

1. Chris Baker, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Contract: Three years, $15.75 million with $9 million guaranteed

For years, the Bucs have been looking for a nose tackle to play alongside Gerald McCoy, and the former Redskin Baker could be the perfect player to fit that role. Baker finished the 2016 season with a top-20 PFF grade (82.2) among all defensive interior players, with 42 total pressures and 24 stops. He earned solid grades against the run and pass the past two seasons in Washington, and the Bucs got the 29-year-old for a good price. This might be the best bargain of free agency.

From today's insider; I think it was a gimme anyway. We definitely needed to bolster the d-line. Thoughts?

Fat-fingered the end, sorry.

This post was edited by Anton24 on Mar 17 2017 10:29am
Mar 17 2017 08:54pm
no faith in their qb
Gold: 8,860.00
Mar 22 2017 10:47am
RB
WR/TE
DT
DE
S

CB

These are our needs, but the bolded options are loaded in this draftt (according to people who claim to know)

But which order do we prioritise? I think RB - S need to be addressed in round 1. These are the most important I think, not knocking the other positions on the list but if there is an elite prospect when we pick, i think we gotta go for it.

Then again, theres all this talk of us taking a TE at 19. This really annoys me, but apparently some of the TEs are monsters (again, iunno)
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1163164165166167296Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll