d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Official Everything Touhou Thread > Surprise Danmaku!
12359Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 137.01
Mar 7 2012 10:08am
If you're not aware of what Touhou is, then you don't know much...

Here's a link to get some quick info.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

(Touhou currently holds the largest fanbase in Japan, outnumbering everything in Comiket lately by a longshot. They hold their own conventions now at the same building as Comiket)

From what people already mentioned in the Anime General chat, ZUN is planning on getting married, sadly on the day of Reitaisai 8. What future awaits the Touhou Project is still unknown.

After watching the two videos in my own profile, I noticed Sakuya doesn't hold her drinks well.

Gold: 20.05
Mar 7 2012 11:39am
Do you listen to touhou music arrangements by doujin circles? , Im really familiar worth the music being apart of the whole j-core scene . I never knew where to start with touhou , so much.. Content .

Maybe you can point me in the right direction so I have something else to look for besides my usual when comiket comes around .
Mar 7 2012 12:18pm
The biggest names I can think of is IOSYS for sure. Redalice had a few as well as eastnewsound.

There's so many, ill get back to you on that when I get home.
Mar 7 2012 01:02pm
Quote (Touhou @ Mar 7 2012 10:18am)
The biggest names I can think of is IOSYS for sure.  Redalice had a few as well as eastnewsound.

There's so many, ill get back to you on that when I get home.

Im a huge HARDCORE TANO*C fan , I recently got Bright Colors! , and Songz for x girlz ,

IOSYS is amazing as well .

I would like to be a little more familiar with the characters so I can understand all these references in my ALICE's EMOTION cds and such.

Alright ~
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 7 2012 01:05pm
red alice's sorta.. mainstream, as is iosys. they're far more on the cutesy / pop side.

jazz: dbu, ddby, buta otome

folk: casket & ale, aqua style, kwaves lab, floating cloud

electro/dance: alstroemeria, cytokine, syrufit

eurodance: A-One, unlucky morpheus, NJK records

hardcore/gabba: sulfuric acid product, hardcore tano*C,

rock: eastnewsound, tatsh music circle, liz triangle, sound online, sound sepher

metal: demetori, crows claw, piyuza's cell, kokuyasou, foreground eclipse, xi-on, iron attack!, myon myon, yuyoyupe

urban/rap: tamaonsen, kissing the mirror

skipped a bunch, but these're what came to mind.

This post was edited by Gensokyo on Mar 7 2012 01:10pm
Gold: 352.00
Mar 7 2012 01:16pm
surprised this hasn't been posted before :o

Quote (Magey @ Mar 7 2012 02:02pm)
Im a huge HARDCORE TANO*C fan , I recently got Bright Colors! , and Songz for x girlz ,

IOSYS is amazing as well .

I would like to be a little more familiar with the characters so I can understand all these references in my ALICE's EMOTION cds and such.

Alright ~

could try the wiki, games, manga for getting more familiar with the characters
Mar 7 2012 01:17pm
I think HARDCORE TANO*C and REDALiCE are more popular than mainatream , even though hes OFFICIALLY working with bemani .

I understand whay you mean though I reallly dislike vocal cutie releases .

Things like rE: Setup by t+pazolite are a no for me , but UNCONNECTED I liked that one .

Mmm ill give sulfuric acid product a try I have an ear for hardcore/gabba

Trying to leave my HARDCORE TANO*C bias behind a little, lol gotta stop listening to Bright Colors ..
Mar 7 2012 01:20pm
Quote (douglas22888 @ Mar 7 2012 11:16am)
could try the wiki, games, manga for getting more familiar with the characters

Manga sounds like a good start lol
Gold: 352.00
Mar 7 2012 02:11pm
Quote (Magey @ Mar 7 2012 02:20pm)
Manga sounds like a good start lol

although might be worth checking into the stories from the games as well
cause the manga and anime are usually seperate stories (although one of them is connects to one of the games, the stuff in that game is never actually brought into the manga besides the cause of the issue in the game itself)
Mar 7 2012 02:16pm
Quote (douglas22888 @ Mar 7 2012 03:11pm)
although might be worth checking into the stories from the games as well
cause the manga and anime are usually seperate stories (although one of them is connects to one of the games, the stuff in that game is never actually brought into the manga besides the cause of the issue in the game itself)

Bougetsushou doesn't really make any sense from storyline compared to games, same goes for Ibarakasen. There's also new characters in the mangas that aren't even mentioned in the games such as Kasen Ibara.

Also, UI-70 makes amazing mixes as well and they stick with more of the original themes rather voiding off like IOSYS.

I want to catch up on the mangas, but I been so occupied with Tera/LoL/Touhou 13 Ten Desires.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
12359Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll