d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > When We Throw Down Its With 4 Types Of Damage
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.21
Mar 1 2012 06:53pm
Finally figured my new walk through after my amazon got smacked down. was agonizing between paladin and druid but i finally decided on making an avenger. Been a loooooong time since i played an avenger and thought it would be a great build to go with, also since its not so main stream and all like zealers and hammerdins. It was either an avenger or a fire claw druid and i figured a single player untwinked fire claw druid would be more a pain in the ass than fun.

Rules-
/players 8
no enhanced stash or muling or anything. untwinked play with what the game gives him. and he better like it too :P
i will give him unlocked ladder runewords just to be nice tho :)

wish me luck as i venture out to play quill rats. srsly whose bright idea was it to make one of your first opponents a porcupine?

This post was edited by lone500 on Mar 1 2012 06:56pm
Gold: 4.00
Mar 1 2012 07:00pm
Nice, what's your build going to look like?
Mar 1 2012 07:17pm
Quote (Pandagod06 @ Mar 2 2012 01:00am)
Nice, what's your build going to look like?

guess it slightly depends on what gear i find.

with great gear i would love to go-

20 vengeance
20conviction
20light resists
20cold resists
20fire resists

would take a total of 107 points and someday ill hopefully respec to this build. would take great gear as i would have no holy shield or anything.

so realistically since were hardcore ill get at least 1 point in holy shield so with some skills ill have some kinda decent block and defense going. to get those skill points ill take a a few out of fire and cold resists.

of course this is very very much endgame. be a pain with mana but for best damage ill start by maxing vengeance, get 5-10 points in conviction, then start on some resists auras.

so say im lvl 75 in late nightmare or early hell. thats 82 skill points just from norm-nightmare. i would probably have something very close to 1 point in holy shield, maxed vengeance, level 15 conviction, level 10 fire resists aura, level 13 cold and lightning resist aura.

Gold: 5,508.00
Mar 1 2012 11:05pm
nvm lol duh
it will be annoying as fk in the ass to recast holyshield every 2 minutes though..

gl nevertheless

This post was edited by plop067 on Mar 1 2012 11:33pm
Gold: 33.49
Warn: 60%
Mar 2 2012 12:10am
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 1 2012 09:17pm)
guess it slightly depends on what gear i find.

with great gear i would love to go-

20 vengeance
20conviction
20light resists
20cold resists
20fire resists

would take a total of 107 points and someday ill hopefully respec to this build. would take great gear as i would have no holy shield or anything.

so realistically since were hardcore ill get at least 1 point in holy shield so with some skills ill have some kinda decent block and defense going. to get those skill points ill take a a few out of fire and cold resists.

of course this is very very much endgame. be a pain with mana but for best damage ill start by maxing vengeance, get 5-10 points in conviction, then start on some resists auras.

so say im lvl 75 in late nightmare or early hell. thats 82 skill points just from norm-nightmare. i would probably have something very close to 1 point in holy shield, maxed vengeance, level 15 conviction, level 10 fire resists aura, level 13 cold and lightning resist aura.

take points out of conv.. put them in holy shield. my 2 cents
Mar 2 2012 12:19am
Quote (plop067 @ Mar 2 2012 05:05am)
nvm lol duh
it will be annoying as fk  in the ass to recast holyshield every 2 minutes though..

gl nevertheless

ya i know it. will probably sink more points there to start with. make a couple spirits later on for precasting.

already having fun with a super fast pack right out on the cold plains. little work and a town trip took em down.

the taste of victory. a small taste

currently just got to inner cloister. save the trip down to andy for tommarow. lvl 17 as well

kk good advice ggnet

This post was edited by lone500 on Mar 2 2012 12:20am
Gold: 17.43
Mar 2 2012 01:17am
Gonna follow this WT closely, build really has be interrested gl :)
Mar 2 2012 06:12pm
so i was kinda of just screwing around trying to find a new wepon since my max damage scepter was starting to suck. got lucky with spiked mace gamble that got a 50% ed wepon. so after i accomplished that i went on down to andy. at the time i was level 18 and by the time i got to her i was level 20. she dropped my first unique. mana is uber harsh so the 4 mana per kill on deathspade is pretty good but the damage was lower than i needed. andy turned out to be pretty easy though. went down fast with my level 3 vengeance.

just got done with radament as well. forgot to take a picture but this is norm so whatever. on to the cube! gonna see how far i can get tonight. act 2 can be seriously annoying for a single attack character depending on how many of them skeletons spawn.
Mar 2 2012 09:24pm
so going to get the cube found something i could actually use. traded it for a rare pally shield at end of act 2.

im extremely anal about clicking all chests and urns and such with this paladin. and im already being rewarded. +6 life rep and 20 life is great compared to the measly 6 mf ring i had on. it dropped from that sarcophagus im standing next to.

whats REALLY nice about the +6 life rep is that it negates the -life from my malice. made it at the start of act 2 from runes countess dropped me.

Mar 2 2012 09:38pm
so act 2 wasnt really what i thought it would be. was much much easier. this paladin really owns. and i wasn't plagued by masses of skeletons the whole way. mainly scarabs this go around. and concerning those 2 the skeletons were seriously pretty easy since sanctuary is one of my prereqs. just switch it on and veng the unraveler, hes dead in about 3 hits then just wait for my merc to mop skeletons up. merc has an eh ok wepon. never really found many diamonds to cube polearms with.

and one big bonus to this type of paladin is that so far ive been able to run with some decent mf and not worry about resistances. fire guys throwing fireballs? no prob- fire resist aura, scarabs throwing out massive amounts of bolts? no prob- light resist aura. dury kind of annoying with his holy freeze? sure doesnt help with the freeze but cold resist aura owns most his damage. my merc tanked him the whole time and duri just ignored me. was kind of slow but it was steady.

my paladin may use more mana than a hammerdin but im loving him. im plenty used to feeding the blue potion addiction :P

heres duriel going down. all crap except mask which was decent enough to replace my chipped topaz helm but not godly enough for s/s. almost. eth, sockets, and maybe another good mod and it would be a gg mask.

green ring turned out to be cathans. sweet some life leech. ill try using it but with such low damage i doubt itll be to much use.

and heres my paladin walking into act 3. lvl 25. max block and you can see what my normal attack damage is compared to my vengeance damage. veng should be lvl 8. been sinking my points there and it seems to work well.

edit- ill try to remember to crop some pics. i know it can take a while to load on slower enternet.

This post was edited by lone500 on Mar 2 2012 09:40pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll