d2jsp
Gaming and Trading Community
Gaming and Trading Community
d2jsp Forums > Sports Coliseum > Football and Rugby > So My Coach Carter Project..
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Page 1 of 2 12
SPresley23
#1 Feb 10 2012 11:02pm
Group: Members
Gold: 20.00
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60872110&f=204&p=406711569#p406711569

Noun
1st: who da hell haven't seen coach carter
2nd: its an old movie u can google it anywhere
3rd: i just typed in coach carter on bing and the hoe summary game up
4th: l2internet

I've seen it a few times, good movie. I couldn't find it without having to find a site wanting me to download some shit. I found some good summaries eventually. I'm decent at it :D

Jackzorz
just curious why u waited til literally like 2 hours before it was due to post a thread about finding the movie?

and as noun said lol who hasnt seen coach carter, great movie

Cuz man procrastinate like fuck.. and I've seen it :D

Anyways, 2 of my friends came over and we been smoking hella loud, and doing some bars. Did this paper while we were all chilling lol..

Here's my paper guys. 803 words and I turned it in like 3 minutes ago.

In the movie “Coach Carter”, directed by Thomas Carter, there are many sociological problems introduced. The movie is about a man named Ken Carter who recently accepted a job coaching basketball at the high school he used to play for, Richmond High School. Being a member of a former championship basketball team from Richmond, Carter wants his team to succeed. Coach Carter wants more than just success in basketball for his players however, during the entire movie he is constantly stressing to his players and others about good morals and how important it is to make something of yourself. Damien Carter is the coach’s freshman son, and he transferred to Richmond to play under his father. Carter is scrutinized multiple times throughout the entire film for his stern decisions towards his players, but he is just doing what he thinks is best for them. The media and many people involved with the community around the high school get extremely angry at Coach Carter after he decided to lock down the school gymnasium because some of his players were failing to complete the contract he made them agree to before the basketball season started. His players also disobeyed his wishes by attending a house party in a enormous mansion that a cheerleader from another team invited the team to after they won a basketball tournament they were in. Carter went to see his son in the hotel and found his whole team was gone, he tracked them down and found his son drunk and hooking up with some random girl. The media, school board, and community extremely criticize Coach Carter for locking the gym down because the players violated his personal contracts instead of ones required by the state laws, and eventually lifted Carter’s lock. The players decided to take the high road, following Carter’s suggestions, and start working harder in their classes and eventually start playing again. The end of the movie is very tragic, as Richmond loses the state tournament in the first round to St. Francis, the private school Ken Carter’s son attended before coming to Richmond.
One of the sociological themes that relate to a chapter in our sociology book is the theme of racial inequality. In one of the scenes in “Coach Carter” Carter hears one of his players refer to another as a “nigga”. Carter did not like what he heard and immediately gave his player an ear-full about why he should not be saying such words. Many people in our current society have different views on the appropriate usage of racial slurs. Obviously coach Carter views them as inappropriate and has very high respect of other races, just like he does with everyone, until he loses it like he said earlier in the movie.
A major theme in this movie that is also important in our sociology chapters is the use and effects of alcohol and drugs. Timo Cruz is a player who walked away from Carter’s early coaching style. He eventually was hanging out on the streets selling drugs with his cousin Renny. After Timo witnessed a drug deal gone wrong involving Renny, resulting in his cousin getting shot and murdered, he went back to Ken Carter and asked for forgiveness and to allow him back on the basketball team. Carter obliged, but only if Cruz would do 1,000 suicides and 2,500 push-ups. Unfortunately Timo Cruz could not complete all of the push-ups and suicide runs by the deadline. His teammates decide to help him complete what he could not finish by himself, and he is allowed back on the basketball squad. Another example of alcohol and drugs in the movie is the scene where the players are invited to the party. Underage drinking is illegal in every state and highly frowned upon. Carter is very disappointed in his players and takes them home on a bus ride and lets them know exactly what he thinks of them.
A smaller sociological problem in this movie though, is the lack of proper education and learning establishments. Richmond High School had a very low percent of graduates and students who went on to pursue a college degree. The area this was located in was a poverty stricken place, which is probably why many people in the movie are so negative. The school was very irresponsible and no one seemed to care about the students more than Ken Carter himself.
There are more sociological problems presented in this movie, but these were the ones that stood out most to me. I personally believe Ken Carter was a great guy and I understand his viewpoint on people striving for the best of themselves. Sociological problems present themselves to everyone every day, but if people thought a little harder about them, some of them might not be such a big deal.
Noun
#2 Feb 10 2012 11:04pm
Gold: 13,000.00
inb4teachercatchuplaigarizingond2jsp
SPresley23
#3 Feb 10 2012 11:06pm
Quote (Noun @ Feb 11 2012 12:04am)
inb4teachercatchuplaigarizingond2jsp

Oh my god, I will ROFL.

And when she reads this part

"
Anyways, 2 of my friends came over and we been smoking hella loud, and doing some bars. Did this paper while we were all chilling lol.."

This post was edited by SPresley23 on Feb 10 2012 11:07pm
Honestly
#4 Feb 10 2012 11:06pm
Gold: 2,820.00
yeah bro youre welcome for me writing your paper just send the FG later

hope your teacher doesn't catch you LOL!
Zoboomafoo
#5 Feb 10 2012 11:07pm
Gold: 355.01
was one of the better papers ive written for somebody. i hope u get an A for all of the hard work i put into it plus the good money u gave me for finishing it for u
SPresley23
#6 Feb 10 2012 11:09pm
I just remembered I ordered a pizza and wings from pizza hut too

hell yeah

Rubio is the man btw Zoboomafoo

This post was edited by SPresley23 on Feb 10 2012 11:11pm
magikod
#7 Feb 11 2012 03:10am
Gold: 32,135.78
Quote (Honestly @ Feb 11 2012 01:06am)
yeah bro youre welcome for me writing your paper just send the FG later

hope your teacher doesn't catch you LOL!

LMFAO
SPresley23
#8 Feb 11 2012 07:18am
Don't remember any of this, glad I could at least read my paper on here cuz I didn't even save it..

Damn xanax bars man rofl. I slept like a fucking baby though. I woke up and went to my fridge and was like, wtf pizza and wings?
Diggins
#9 Feb 11 2012 08:50am
Gold: 2,000.01
Quote (SPresley23 @ 11 Feb 2012 06:18)
Don't remember any  of this, glad I could at least read my paper on here cuz I didn't even save it..

Damn xanax bars man rofl. I slept like a fucking baby though. I woke up and went to my fridge and was like, wtf pizza and wings?

your teachers gonna find the paper i wrote for you because you posted it here.

just letting you know, since you bought the paper off of me, then posted it here, it voids our contract and you don't get a refund when you get caught.
SPresley23
#10 Feb 11 2012 09:32am
Quote (DR1 @ Feb 11 2012 09:50am)
your teachers gonna find the paper i wrote for you because you posted it here.

just letting you know, since you bought the paper off of me, then posted it here, it voids our contract and you don't get a refund when you get caught.

Dayum bro it's hard in these streets...

For real if this shit turns up on google and my teacher see's it, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

You guys gonna have to each write a letter to my teacher explaining your trollings though if it happens lmao.

E: No feedback on my paper from anyone? :(

This post was edited by SPresley23 on Feb 11 2012 09:33am
Go Back To Football and Rugby Topic List
Page 1 of 2 12