I like to MF. A lot. Those of you who saw my throwbarb walk awhile ago know this. I did something like 500 - 700 meph runs and ended up finding a few real trophies. The barb circlet and my two rare rings just make me smile. I live for drops like that.
So after my throwbarb I was ready for doing something OTHER than meph / threshsocket / eldrich runs. Something that can walk the entire game in /p8 all the time, and maybe even complete the dclone & uber quests available. Something that had a shot at finding some HRs.
Enter Torch, the hammerdin.
The rules I set for myself are as follows:
* /p8 all the time, save tower level 5. No excuse for otherwise with a HC hammerdin walk.
* Hell Baal must be defeated before dclone.
* First anni is what I get - turn off world events thereafter
* Twinking is allowed only after hell baal (but only with items my throwbarb found, so this means some runes, crafting supplies, and random other stuff. I don't have godly gear laying around in wait)
* ladder runewords enabled ( I love rolling spirit / insight, over and over, doesn't everyone? )
* Winning means securing a torch before dying. Hardcore, duh.
* First non-pally, non-barb Torch dictates next walkthrough class!
I actually started this on 12/28, so I may not have accurate gear shots at various milestones, but hopefully I'll be able to remember the highlights.
First Magic drop:
First Magic amulet:
Notice I'm using throwing weapons
Old habits die hard! And I always like javs in the beginning..