d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Walking For Torches > /p8 Hammerdin / 1-pt Smite
12378Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 694.00
Jan 24 2012 08:37pm
I like to MF. A lot. Those of you who saw my throwbarb walk awhile ago know this. I did something like 500 - 700 meph runs and ended up finding a few real trophies. The barb circlet and my two rare rings just make me smile. I live for drops like that.

So after my throwbarb I was ready for doing something OTHER than meph / threshsocket / eldrich runs. Something that can walk the entire game in /p8 all the time, and maybe even complete the dclone & uber quests available. Something that had a shot at finding some HRs.

Enter Torch, the hammerdin.

The rules I set for myself are as follows:

* /p8 all the time, save tower level 5. No excuse for otherwise with a HC hammerdin walk.
* Hell Baal must be defeated before dclone.
* First anni is what I get - turn off world events thereafter
* Twinking is allowed only after hell baal (but only with items my throwbarb found, so this means some runes, crafting supplies, and random other stuff. I don't have godly gear laying around in wait)
* ladder runewords enabled ( I love rolling spirit / insight, over and over, doesn't everyone? )
* Winning means securing a torch before dying. Hardcore, duh.
* First non-pally, non-barb Torch dictates next walkthrough class!

I actually started this on 12/28, so I may not have accurate gear shots at various milestones, but hopefully I'll be able to remember the highlights.

It began:

First Magic drop:

First Magic amulet:

Notice I'm using throwing weapons :) Old habits die hard! And I always like javs in the beginning..
Jan 24 2012 08:45pm
Rocking the MF right away with finds from the den of eeeeevil:

Mighty action shot, taking out ol' corpsie:

He dropped a magic hand axe w/ ctc amp and some magic leather gloves, so both upgrades.

Den cleared!
Gold: 0.00
Jan 24 2012 08:49pm
this is interesting. how do you enable the anni, uber events in single player?
Jan 24 2012 08:57pm
First charm is actually useful because I'm going to use zeal while I build up my hammer:

Fighting bloodraven pays off, as I get my first rare drops and a GC. Still using javs, as they fly faster than she runs.

I'll post more later. Playing > posting!
Gold: 1,003.00
Jan 24 2012 09:07pm
* Twinking is allowed only after hell baal (but only with items my throwbarb found, so this means some runes, crafting supplies, and random other stuff. I don't have godly gear laying around in wait)

remove this and it'll be very interesting!
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 24 2012 09:36pm
Quote (sebhehe @ Jan 24 2012 09:07pm)

a torch in /p8 is interesting regardless imo. its not really twinking if you essentially beat the game and then do it. for a world event only added in the late patches. IMO

but make up your own minds im watchin tho :)
Gold: 3,735.00
Jan 24 2012 11:11pm
tracking good luck! hammerdins are tough because u need to go toe-to-toe with bad dudes and dont have the leech :(
Jan 25 2012 12:19am
Quote (sebhehe @ Jan 24 2012 11:07pm)

Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 24 2012 11:36pm)
a torch in /p8 is interesting regardless imo. its not really twinking if you essentially beat the game and then do it. for a world event only added in the late patches. IMO

but make up your own minds im watchin tho :)

I'll make clear which items come in. For me it is most enjoyable when I find a useful item with the char that needs it. I'll mf for awhile befor twinking, even if ive already beat the game with the char, if I'm looking for a fairly common item. But I'm also a collector, so if I find a perfect rune master you better believe I'm gonna save it for a mf trav barb. Long term I'd like to create trophy chars, twinking with items found myself. I just started single player again so I don't have a huge inventory.

I'm undecided whether to go into travincal in p8.. It will be at least p2.. Opinions? Is soloing ubers on p8 suicide? :) I don't think minions spawn on single player, so should be "easy". I'm more worried about Lilith to be honest... But I'm still ISO gear... And d keys.

More updates tomorrow, as I'm afk now.

And to scroofoo - thanks! And yup. Untwinked 'dins can be one hit by any number of cursed / extra strong / might / fanat/ conviction... It is not an easy walk compared to any barb w big Bo.
Gold: 152.50
Jan 25 2012 02:19am
how're you going to deal with the magic-immunes in hell?
cheers and gl
Jan 25 2012 09:51am
Quote (Dyfuca @ Jan 25 2012 04:19am)
how're you going to deal with the magic-immunes in hell?
cheers and gl

All in due time :) Stay tuned!

First Rare ring. In the mauseleum

By Treehead I've switched over to Zeal:

I had a good map for running countess. Going to stock up on Rals! This was quest drop.

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12378Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll