d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Fireball Sorceress With Energy Shield
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 540.00
Jan 11 2012 03:03am
please post what you dont like and i'll either tell you why your wrong, or say Great Point!!!
and keep in mind i am writing this for east, there may be other dupe's available on west/europe that will work, i dont know enough about them to recommend them

here we go...

Gear

I will list different options for the gear, with the choice i prefer in red for each one as well as the budget choice in green and then max block gear in blue, none of this is set it stone but remember if you want to change something just remember you maintain 105 fcr and 86 fhr and res DOES MATTER, dont ignore it

Helm
2 sorc / 20 fcr / life / mana / str / res / frw / 2os / life rep Circlet - good ones gets pricey, but you can get so much from a good one and you really only need at most 7 fhr out of helm so 1os is acceptable
Shako - for the price, it cant be beat
2 sorc / 20 fcr / dex / life / mana / 2os / res / frw Circlet - you dont need much str for block set ups, so focus on dex

Ammy
2 sorc / 10+ fcr / life / mana / res / str / life rep
Tal's - actually really good mods for the price but leaves you having to find 10 more fcr somewhere
2 sorc / 0 fcr or 5+ fcr / dex / life / mana / res ammy - you dont need much str for block set ups, so focus on dex
Fletch or legit 2/20 ammy - must use if you want to use an orb instead of hoto, but otherwise the stats can be beat on 2/10 ammy's

Boots
Rare frw / fhr / mana / rep / res - i actually prefer these, 6 mods > 4 mods
blood craft frw / fhr / mana / rep / life / res - i could get behind these with an amazing roll however
caster craft - frw / fhr / mana /max mana / rep / res - incredibly overrated imo, but ppl seem to love them so i included them
aldurs - great cheap alternative
waterwalks or rares/crafts with dex - wont have str for dancers, so get other boots with dex for max block, ww's have more stats (65 life + 15 dex), but rare/crafts can have fhr/rep/res, i usually go ww's
gspurs/vtramps/etc - pick your favorite duped boots if thats your style, i prefer legit on boots as the extra 10 fhr isnt really needed

Belt
Rare 24 fhr / str / life / mana / rep / res - everything you need out of the belt slot for a circlet build
arach - use with shako build or block set up
Crafted 10 fcr / 24 fhr / life / mana / str / res / rep - needed for orb set up, with hoto you can get much better stats on a rare

Weapon
Hoto - only choice really, skills + fcr + mana + rep + dex
Rare/Magic orb with 2 sorc / 3 fb / 1-3 es / 1-3 fire mastery / life / mana / res / rep / 2os - with very high end 2/20 ammy, circ, boots, and crafted caster belt this can work better than hoto

Armor
Enigma of Duress - loss of 5% life and 8% dr is very little compared to 20 fhr when your using ES
Enigma of Peace - cheaper, and not as good as nigma of duress
Enigma - skills, mass stats, frw... get a light weight one of ofc!
Coh - if you find yourself short on res this is an easy way to get a whole bunch, and budget builds usually are short on res
Viper or QueHagan- if your short fcr for some reason, use one of these (usually max block set ups), which depends on what you need, viper has more fcr and res, quehagan has fhr
Btals - im not sure why ppl use this over nigma.... but it is a "look at how rich i am!!!!!" option

Shield
Spirit monarch - fcr + fhr + skills + lots of mana + res, nothing comes close
Sanctuary Tower Shield- i recommend this for block over whistens, it is not the standard, but it doesnt take very much more dex and you gain lots of extra stats from it
Whisten's - the standard max block shield, lowest dex req for max block and you get a free socket

Gloves
Frosties - mass mana

Rings
Soj's - skills and mana

Switch
Cta + spirit - high bo, loss of damage
es cta - does save 4 skill points, however when someone breaks your es you have to switch to recast when can get you killed vs someone good
memory with chant - make you barb friends happy when they bo you

Inventory
Sorc torch - higher = better
Anni - higher = better
9x lifers - higher = better (or can use 8x lifers + 13x sc's for more life/mana and less dmg, i prefer not to)
10x life/manas - higher = better (or can use 8x lifers + 13x sc's for more life/mana and less dmg, i prefer not to) - bmana's are obviously ideal if availible
you have to use some fhr charms to maintain 86 fhr with block gear

Skills and Stats

now here's the part all you SnG kids are going to hate... but i dont really care, there's a reason all the good sorcs are built this way - its a better build if you know how to use a sorc and dont just spray and pray for a few reasons
1. i refuse to precast, its bm and bm on a sorc is the dumbest idea ever AND its annoying to have to do everytime anyway
2. if your not doing enough dmg to fhr someone when you stomp, you cant stomp and thats a super boring and super lame way to duel
3. can gm mana pot

Put 1 point in:
Teleport
Energy Shield (only if not using es cta, then dont put any here)
Warmth
Fire Mastery
(cold armor is desired, i wouldnt bother)
(chant if desired, i wouldnt bother, get it on a memory)
(hydra if desired, i wouldnt bother, useless defensive skill with low range, slow fire, and mediocre dmg... cant be fun to nk with though)
all necessary prereq's ofc

Max:
Telekinesis
Fire Ball
Fire Bolt
Meteor

The rest in:
Fire Mastery

Stats:
Str for gear
no dex
Vita and Energy so fully geared and after bo you have approx a 2 life : 3 mana ratio

Strategies

i'm assuming basic knowledge here, and experience > all, but these are the basic ideas

Barbs
your at a disadvantage... if they nl you get off minimap to break nl so you dont get chain zerked. try to predict where they are going/bait them into going somewhere and get them to land in a train of fb's

Smiters
vs most pub ones just avoid charge unless your back is up against something. if they know how to chain smite as well you have to pay must more attention... walk tele smites but dont get cocky, get 1-2 shots and get out after or they will just charge you down

Hammers
south walk if they dont greif, treat like a smiter if they do, your es will help you take a few hammers (esp if you dont get them all at once)

Windy's
if you can get 2 preshots and land a stomp go for it - you should win, but dont get over aggressive. its similar to nvd. a really fun duel but takes some practice if the windy is good. walk stomps but dont get cocky with it, after 1-2 walks a good windy will under tele you

Sins
fire immune master + claw block + mb, no sin should ever lose to a fb sorc. THAT BEING SAID, your going to have to play defensive on this one, stay out of range of traps, try and bait him into fb trains, run and rep + mana regen if you have to

Necs
not nearly as 1 sided as ppl will lead you to believe if the nec is good, hotspurs are a bitch, but avoid spirit trains and walk spears. if you can catch a nl on his golem wait for him to tele then stomp, but dont stand toe to toe, shoot 2-3 times then get out. you should be aggressive but dont sit still and hold obvious nl's way to long either.

Zon's
firewall is your friend, but your basically just trying to dodge lock them. you wont beat a good one but 95% of them suck. nl --> preshot --> stomp --> win

Blizzys
you can tank 3-4 hits but dont if you dont have to, out namelock them. if you can land a preshot and stomp its worth tanking a hit but otherwise try to avoid them

fb and lite sorcs
walk, be mindful of stomping into upspam

anything else i'm missing? please let me know

This post was edited by GoHuskers on Jan 11 2012 03:03am
Gold: 540.00
Jan 11 2012 02:05pm
really? no one flaming over low % es or not using whistens?
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Jan 11 2012 02:20pm
Quote (GoHuskers @ Jan 11 2012 08:05pm)
really? no one flaming over low % es or not using whistens?

nop!

couse

1. i refuse to precast, its bm and bm on a sorc is the dumbest idea ever AND its annoying to have to do everytime anyway
2. if your not doing enough dmg to fhr someone when you stomp, you cant stomp and thats a super boring and super lame way to duel

=
pretty stronk+good knolage!

makes this guide beat alot other fire sorc guides!
max number damage + remaining in es, whitout needing to secrefice any, is pretty stronk+succesfull and > then precast/other stupitniss
(mebe just 1 small point, you not realy need str/life/mana boosting in belt/helm/amu vs sick fg amounth)

simple+effective!
Gold: 172.00
Jan 11 2012 02:23pm
stopped reading at Enigma of Duress

srsly though ok guide and all, though mosers is a lil' better than sanctuary unless you're going for pubs (then you'll need the res even when using MB)

This post was edited by JustinGod on Jan 11 2012 02:24pm
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Jan 11 2012 03:56pm
whathefuck is that?

i can randomly pick up 4-5 items for every piece of armor/weapn and call it guide...
BUT ITS NOT A GUIDE!!!

WE ARE NOT FUCKIN STUPID!!! I KNOW THAT ENIGMA IS GOOD ARMOR FOR ES SORC!!!
I KNOW THAT HOTO IS GOOD WEAPON FOR ES SORC
BUT GUIDE SUPPOSE TO SHOW US HOW TO REACH OPTIMAL BREAKPOINTS WITH THE HIGHEST PPOSSIBLE DMG AND LIFE IN THE SAME TIME!!!!
SO MAX 2-3 POSSIBLE SETUP FOR POORS AND RICH PLAYERS IS WHAT WE WANT!!! NOT FUCKIN USELESS LIST OF RANDO ITEMS....

jeeeez im tired of such so called 'guides'...
Gold: 58.00
Jan 11 2012 04:06pm
I mean he has put some budget items as well with a maxblock setup but it does feel very listed out...

possibly more allaborations on life/mana goals - i.e dependant on wealth etc

also a non precast + full precast with a explination of both we pros/cons (giving user a choice) just stating its bm can be seen as ignorance..

Gold: 1,152.00
Jan 11 2012 04:16pm
Nice guide with lots of options. Formatting/grammar could be cleaned up a bit.

Sanctuary is much more reasonable since it's a low ES build, but if it were 93+es whitstan's is definitely preferred.
Banned
Jan 11 2012 04:20pm
Quote (halo273 @ Jan 11 2012 10:06pm)
I  mean he has put some budget items as well with a maxblock setup but it does feel very listed out...

possibly more allaborations on life/mana goals - i.e dependant on wealth etc

also a non precast + full precast with a explination of both we pros/cons (giving user a choice) just stating its bm can be seen as ignorance..

yes he did put SOME budget items but they beeing listed without context of other items makes no fuckin sense!-_-
if u make budget setup THAN IT MUST BE WHOLE SETUP! not a fuckin tons of options... "if u r not rich u can got with quehegans, or viper, or duress or or or or or..."
ok so i pick from this list: fhr belt, tal amu, duress, shako, rare orb , sanctuary shield 2 sojs frosties and what? i have 0-20 fcr :DDDDDDDDDD what now? i followed ur guide? huh?

u call it guide? please... go to sleep and dont waste our time-_-
Banned
Jan 11 2012 04:23pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Jan 11 2012 10:16pm)
Nice guide with lots of options. Formatting/grammar could be cleaned up a bit.

Sanctuary is much more reasonable since it's a low ES build, but if it were 93+es whitstan's is definitely preferred.

lol u have no clue about guides man:D

"A LOT OF OPTIONS" :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

read that post again and think...

ok so ill copy paste ALL items from arrat summit and post it as an item list for particular char... will u beat that in term of having 'a lot of options'????

jeeeez USE BRAIN PEOPLE!!!!

p.s. mb es soso iz a phail if u cant afford really gz items
Gold: 1,152.00
Jan 11 2012 04:26pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Jan 11 2012 05:20pm)
yes he did put SOME budget items but they beeing listed without context of other items makes no fuckin sense!-_-
if u make budget setup THAN IT MUST BE WHOLE SETUP! not a fuckin tons of options... "if u r not rich u can got with quehegans, or viper, or duress or or or or or..."
ok so i pick from this list: fhr belt, tal amu, duress, shako, rare orb , sanctuary shield 2 sojs frosties and what? i have 0-20 fcr :DDDDDDDDDD what now? i followed ur guide? huh?

u call it guide? please... go to sleep and dont waste our time-_-

Stated explicitly in guide: I will list different options for the gear, with the choice i prefer in red for each one as well as the budget choice in green and then max block gear in blue, none of this is set it stone but remember if you want to change something just remember you maintain 105 fcr and 86 fhr and res DOES MATTER, dont ignore it

But yea, I do mostly agree it should be a list of different setups rather than pieces for each slot.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jan 11 2012 04:27pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll