d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Meleesorc Walkthroguh By Zoff > Hc P8 Till The End (hopefully)
Prev1234540Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 110.00
Jan 10 2012 02:59pm

It took quite a few runs but finely I got my Ral rune :D yay
Leaf, here I come.
And then...

I made this GOZI move...
Holy mother of god... I was pissed :D

And with that Screen of awesomeness I stop for today. Will update this tomorrow morning :D

This post was edited by zoff on Jan 10 2012 03:00pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 10 2012 08:50pm
:)
Gold: 55.20
Jan 10 2012 09:46pm
I'd get a defiance merc just so you can avoid 1 or 2 hits more, but more importantly, to help tank, even without gear for him it'd still make your life easier
Also they attack faster, more hits with ench
Gold: 3,568.00
Jan 10 2012 10:29pm
Quote (zoff @ Jan 10 2012 04:59pm)
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7821/screenshot146p.jpg
It took quite a few runs but finely I got my Ral rune :D yay
Leaf, here I come.
And then...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8660/screenshot147df.jpg
I made this GOZI move...
Holy mother of god... I was pissed :D

And with that Screen of awesomeness I stop for today. Will update this tomorrow morning :D

LOL

Goodluck in the walk sir, but that failed rw is hilarious.
Jan 11 2012 01:18am
Quote (Wamuu @ Jan 11 2012 03:50am)
:)

Hi there
Quote (Tabzrox @ Jan 11 2012 04:46am)
I'd get a defiance merc just so you can avoid 1 or 2 hits more, but more importantly, to help tank, even without gear for him it'd still make your life easier
Also they attack faster, more hits with ench

I changed merc soon after that. Will update you with that in the next posts.
Thanks for input!
Quote (bupid @ Jan 11 2012 05:29am)
LOL
Goodluck in the walk sir, but that failed rw is hilarious.

That's why I didn't want to keep this funny thing for me :D Learned from that... will always check RWs before actually making them. Especially when better runes involved.
Jan 11 2012 01:53am

Didn't want to give up, so I did some more countess runs. Tal runes ALL the time... I got pretty mad.
But suddenly my brain started to work again and I remebered the cube -_-

And finally I got my leaf. I really like it. Was a nice dmg boost.

That was about the time when I thought about my defense concept again.
Until now I just statted vitality (some points into str for reqs). Vita only (nearly) was the way I wanted to go.
But I now I think, that this won't be possible.

Some thoughts about defense:
Max Block:
I will definitely go for that. Since its singleplayer, the only thing you can rely on is runewords and crafts. So I decided to aim for a Rhyme Bone Shield and craft a blocking Amu. With that I won't need to much dex to hit max block (~180 @ lvl 80). I think it's worth it.
Vita: As much as possible... obvious.
Ice Armors: I'm not sure about those tbh. I won't stat a lot into str. That's why I think my base def will be pretty low. So I think it's not worth it... Gimme your opinion about that pls.
Manashield: I've been a b.net pvm Softcore player since now... so the generel advice was: no manashield. That's just in my brain. But since I prolly won't get any dmg reduce at all I really think this could work... I don't need mana to much. Only for static and a teleport here and there. I would aim for a solid 50% absorbtion (7 hard points). Input on that?
dmg reduce: Sure, you never know what one will find but I cannot rely on that. But maybe safety crafts could be usefull? Lets say I craft a belt, gloves, shoes and helmet... that would be around dmg reeduce by 12... could that be effective?
leech: No real option since my physical dmg will be very, very, very low. Will have to pot a lot till the end I guess.
freeze enemies: I will do that :) Until yesterday I was pretty sure I'm going to use a freeze merc. But now I'm thinking of putting 1-x points into frost nova and freeze the baddies myself. This would allow me to use a might merc. Or maybe a prayer Merc with insight (if I decide to use pluggy). Might also be good, when using manashield + having no leech...

If you have any opinion or advice... lmk :)

Decided to run Andy after that. Amplisa died there. Instead of resuccrecting her I decided to change merc now.
Ring was kind of good. Using it :)
Currently using the leaf not just for precasting but also for fighting.
Was just overall better than the crappy shield + dagger.
+6 warmth = more static
Ral Rune = more dmg
+ Resi :)

Will change when I statted dex high enough for a decent ctb ~ 50%

Jan 11 2012 01:57am

Okay, back in the Maggot Lair. Pls welcome my new Merc Ahsab. I really liked the name... never had it before I think. Ahsab kill them asap :D
Decided to go with a blessed aim merc for now. cth sucked, even with enchant because I didn't stat dex so far.

Done. On to visit Fangskin

Found this one on my way to him. I really like it! 3 rows of potts is just nice, since I use them this often + decent stats.
Jan 11 2012 02:07am

Fangskin dying here. No challenge for Ahsab.

Upgrade for Ahsab. A usefull and easy to get wep overall.
After that I visited the guy pretending to be Horazon.

Here you can see me beating the shit out of him. Easy as always.
After getting leaf and Ahsab the game started to be real fun. Shes doing good atm.
Jan 11 2012 02:19am

Even stronger... don't scare me Ahsab.
Tbh Ahsab is fighting like a boss. Dmg is so good thanks to enchant + I can help out with static from time to time.
Using static less often now. Depends on the actual enemy. Some die quicker when just attacking. My own dmg is kinda good.
And I really like how teleport helps to control the merc.

Believe me, I was pretty scared before entering Duriels chamber. This guy just hits so hard, the chamber is so small and to be freezed is not funny after all. This guy used to killed me a lot of times... expecially in normal.

But... he went down very fast. No need to visit town. Ahsab didn't die. Static is just awesome vs bosses.
Scythe was no upgrade to malice, Mace had to slow attack speed... otherwise I would have liked it.
I kept the Kris. Fast attacking speed + a little res.
Going to use this, when switching back to shield slot.

Act 2 Normal accomplished :D
Overall only difficult in the beginning. After getting leaf and A2 merc it got fairly easy.
I really enjoy this sorc :)
To be continued....
Gold: 55.20
Jan 11 2012 02:29am
What skills are you gonna stat?
Max ench / warmth / fire mastery?
If you don't go for a holy freeze merc, I'd say sink some points into frozen armor at least, it MIGHT help with that inevitable amp+extra strong+extra fast mob

Personally I hate energy shield and can't recommend it if you're statting lots in vit
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234540Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll