d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Boxing Training Blog
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1.40
Feb 3 2012 10:32pm
Quote (wanteddead2 @ Feb 3 2012 08:59pm)
2/3/12
About ready to jog in 20 degree F, going for about 15 minutes maybe 20 if I decide to, have motivational music to accompany me :D
Sickness is completely gone, going to bundle up so I won't get too cold :O

Just got done with run, need to be very careful not to slip on ice, almost slipped, found a route to run about 1.66 miles there and back takes around 15 minutes to complete and it doesn't have ANY snow on the roads but a little bit of ice.
Feb 5 2012 01:47am
2/4/12
Just got done with my workout didn't keep track of what I did in order was out there for 45 minutes. Worked 2x of 30 pushups elevated, 1x of 50 jumping jacks during rest time. Worked on attacking while holding. Worked on the comfortability of using my 78 inch reach to the fullest with jabs and crosses today also focused on lowering elevation with my legs not by bending my back.
Feb 5 2012 04:39pm
2/5/12 - Weight Training
3x 8 one armed rows
3x 5 one armed clean and press
3x 8 overhead press
2x 15 pushups (diamond)
3x 15 pushups (extra wide)
3x 25 pushups normal
1x 10 barbell rows
1x 10 bicep curls regular
1x 10 bicep curls hammer

Trying to get rid of the isolation lifts focusing on compound lifts.

Going to either do some yoga or sprints later tonight.
Feb 5 2012 09:42pm
Starting my yoga now, if anyone is interested in me posting videos of the training or sparring once I find a sparring partner just let me know via pm. Also considering posting my diet, it is very strict, if anyone wants me to post that on each day with my training send me a pm, or if anyone wants to give me feedback or advice or anything, just send me a pm. Interested to see if anyone is actually reading this besides me :)

This post was edited by wanteddead2 on Feb 5 2012 09:43pm
Feb 6 2012 06:42pm
2/6/12 - Lifted weights and grappled with my brother for superior position today, he's a good wrestler probably a better technician than myself but it's a great workout.
3x 5 Benchpress
2x 6 upright rows
3x 4 pullups (not good at the moment I know.)
3x 5 deadlifts

Probably going to hit the bag later for 15 minutes too.
Feb 6 2012 11:32pm
Did 3x 3 minute rounds like 75% effort today (light) my cardio is going up very quickly and it is easy I can throw around 120 punches per round without getting tired at the bag for the first two rounds, maybe 90 per 3rd. Getting my cardio up very nicely, want to kick some redneck ass pick 'em apart and jump on them when they get tired just what I do when wrestling.
Feb 7 2012 06:37pm
2/7/12
Did 2x 30 second jump squats today, 2x 50 crunches, some balance work on a bosu ball, also like 3 minutes of 15 second interval jogging to sprinting in weightlifting, then I went home grappled with my brother for around 15 minutes, getting good at working off my back, still feel very uncomfortable even after learning some sweeps and defensive isolation techniques but if I face a really good wrestler chances are I'll end up on my back lol.

Going to take a break from boxing drills today, weightlifting tomorrow and will hit the bag too, left bicep has felt strange for the past few days having trouble extending my arm, mostly because of curls I think on the 5th, my wrist was hurting on my right hand (because I had thrown a hook sloppy so couldnt do the same workload with my other arm for curls) with my right the day before, wrist is fine now though just want to give my bicep recovery time, hurts REALLY bad.

This post was edited by wanteddead2 on Feb 7 2012 06:38pm
Feb 8 2012 07:42pm
2/8/12
Did short weight training today.
3x 8 incline benchpress
2x 8 bent over rows
2x 10 tricep extensions
2x power cleans (4,2)
Grappled with brother when I got home, learning how to escape mount fairly easily making me very comfortable going up against a better wrestler than myself in a full grappling match.

Might hit the heavy bag later, left bicep still hurts but I can probably push through it, I just don't want to prolong it.
Feb 9 2012 10:27pm
2/9/12 Took it easy today, because squats tomorrow, can't have any soreness or stiffness at all or else it'll mess up how much I can lift.
3x medicine ball throws (forwards, from left and from right). I know this isn't much but my PE teacher did it, I normally do these for like 20 reps lol with multiple sets.
4x 20 yard sprints
2x 30 second planks
1x 30 second planks on each side on my side on my hand not my whole forearm without moving

Heavy bag later.
50 jumping jacks to warmup
3x 3 minute rounds (focused on 1-2 combinations and attacking the body from the clinch today)
1x 3 minute round (ground n pound on the bag, elbows, hammer fists, hooks, focusing on posturing up while maintaining balance and then shifting my weight downward into the strike)
70 jumping jacks from faster to slower to cool-down.

This post was edited by wanteddead2 on Feb 9 2012 10:29pm
Feb 11 2012 12:02am
2/10/12
4x back squats (4,3,2,4)
3x lunges (5 on each side) :o

Also... grappled with brother, focused on proper ways to buck your hips to escape the mounted position, using a guillotine as a decoy and just overall use of the guillotine worked on various takedowns mostly simple double leg takedowns and I'm not sure on the name but you basically take their back standing lift them and then trip their feet then explode, you should land on the ground and I usually have partial back control when we land with one underhook. Also focused on passing the guard into mount. I might want to do a grappling competition soon but I'd like to take some BJJ classes to make use of my wrestling in a submission grappling type environment, I'm sure I'll be fine vs. your average wrestler as far as submitting and working from the bottom but I'd like to take BJJ or possibly Judo, preferably BJJ because I still feel uncomfortable on my back, finding a new appreciation for smooth grappling, it is so graceful and technical it's actually quite a beautiful thing to master.

If anyone grapples in the Portland, OR or Yakima, WA area and can refer me to a gym for a few classes it'd be great, don't expect to run into anyone though. The Sacramento, CA area I could do too because I plan on spending a month or so there in due time.

Hitting the heavy bag tomorrow morning, still looking for a training partner... pretty ridiculous, I'll ask kids wearing MMA t-shirts if they are interested in grappling with me or doing striking with me... more specifically boxing and they say no because they've never done it before, I tell them I can teach them the basic techniques and all they'll need to know as a beginner and they still say no. :/ Only kid that is interested is around 130 pounds and I can't go that low.

This post was edited by wanteddead2 on Feb 11 2012 12:15am
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic