d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Wind Druid Hc/p8 - The Baal Nm And Hell Experience > Featuring Sebhehe As "hcpeight" In A Wt
Prev125262728Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,134.00
Feb 6 2012 04:46pm
Grats! :cheers: Great job!
Gold: 1,003.00
Feb 6 2012 04:53pm
Woah!

Thanks everyone who followed the topic and encouraged me to keep playing. I'm not really the one to give up... but when the grind is long all the comments actually do help you stay motivated. Thanks again.

I'll try doing hell cows ASAP. I also thought I'd sum things up a bit...

SUMMARY:

* Playing Wind Druid was really fun. But hard, really hard.
* Act 1 Normal to Act 3 NM is fairly easy. You will eat mana pots but that's about it.
* You have to be prepared when going to Hell. Level 80 with avarage items still makes it seriously hard. When I first got to Blood Moor in Hell it felt like running into a wall. The monsters takes time to kill. It's no walk in the park. Plugy might make this a lot easier, but it's not my style so I really dunno.
* Max vita > Max block
* Bosses are easy. You have so much HP that any _SINGLE_ monster rarely cause you any trouble. Grizzly Bear with 5,5k hp and Merc with 5k hp are nice walsl when there's not a lot of monsters.
* Physical damage; Mostly ranged, but also melee of course, is your biggest threat. Archers, those guys with a flail in each hand, Dolls etc. Almost all my Save and Exits was because of ranged physical damage.
* Magic damage; Easy, with one exception. Souls... those damn souls. Mana burn makes it hard to recast Cyclone Armor.

You would like playing a Wind Druid if you like the mixture of physical damage (Tornado) and elemental damage (Hurricane) aswell as having both AoE and single target damage.

You would hate playing a Wind Druid if you dislike aiming with spells like Tornado... man it's annoying sometimes. If you play very offensive and lack patience you will die. Wind druids aren't the speediest killers.

I had a lot of fun and I'm thinking of making another Walkthrough. I'm just not sure as what... :)

Try it, it's fun <3

Your turn now TheBe, I'm checking your topic every hour. It's an addiction! Your WT is by far the best one so far :)

This post was edited by sebhehe on Feb 6 2012 04:55pm
Gold: 16,456.00
Feb 6 2012 05:10pm
grats! good work :)
Gold: 5,508.00
Feb 6 2012 05:27pm
congrats!
Gold: 13.38
Feb 6 2012 05:41pm
cheers man, hope the others share your fate!
Gold: 2.95
Feb 6 2012 06:20pm
Very Nice
Gold: 19,945.00
Feb 6 2012 06:58pm
This feels so good! I never thought I'd make it when I first entered Act 1 hell. Felt like hitting a wall. I think Miniflight @ D2JSP can relate to this.

Haha, thanks for the call out.

Congratulations man, great job well done, I couldn't do it but you grinded hard and did it!
Gold: 32,232.23
Feb 7 2012 03:48am
Quote (sebhehe @ Feb 6 2012 11:53pm)
Woah!

Thanks everyone who followed the topic and encouraged me to keep playing. I'm not really the one to give up... but when the grind is long all the comments actually do help you stay motivated. Thanks again.

I'll try doing hell cows ASAP. I also thought I'd sum things up a bit...

SUMMARY:

* Playing Wind Druid was really fun. But hard, really hard.
* Act 1 Normal to Act 3 NM is fairly easy. You will eat mana pots but that's about it.
* You have to be prepared when going to Hell. Level 80 with avarage items still makes it seriously hard. When I first got to Blood Moor in Hell it felt like running into a wall. The monsters takes time to kill. It's no walk in the park. Plugy might make this a lot easier, but it's not my style so I really dunno.
* Max vita > Max block
* Bosses are easy. You have so much HP that any _SINGLE_ monster rarely cause you any trouble. Grizzly Bear with 5,5k hp and Merc with 5k hp are nice walsl when there's not a lot of monsters.
* Physical damage; Mostly ranged, but also melee of course, is your biggest threat. Archers, those guys with a flail in each hand, Dolls etc. Almost all my Save and Exits was because of ranged physical damage.
* Magic damage; Easy, with one exception. Souls... those damn souls. Mana burn makes it hard to recast Cyclone Armor.

You would like playing a Wind Druid if you like the mixture of physical damage (Tornado) and elemental damage (Hurricane) aswell as having both AoE and single target damage.

You would hate playing a Wind Druid if you dislike aiming with spells like Tornado... man it's annoying sometimes. If you play very offensive and lack patience you will die. Wind druids aren't the speediest killers.

I had a lot of fun and I'm thinking of making another Walkthrough. I'm just not sure as what... :)

Try it, it's fun <3

Your turn now TheBe, I'm checking your topic every hour. It's an addiction! Your WT is by far the best one so far :)

GG u made it, i never doubt a second.

you are damn right about hell and getting sat by the monsters. i cant complete the den of evil quest because the zombie is physical imune and other bad mods. i fought my way to dark wood but its rly hard. i wonder why you say max vita > max block, because i think of respec going for maxblock to make it a safer run.

Gold: 8,274.17
Feb 7 2012 05:05am
big props for an epic wt
Gold: 1,003.00
Feb 7 2012 01:04pm
Quote (akphilo @ Feb 7 2012 10:48am)
GG u made it, i never doubt a second.

you are damn right about hell and getting sat by the monsters. i cant complete the den of evil quest because the zombie is physical imune and other bad mods. i fought my way to dark wood but its rly hard. i wonder why you say max vita > max block, because i think of respec going for maxblock to make it a safer run.

because it's safer :) when max block fails you a few attacks in a row, you could die :p

Hmm, thinking about making a barb or a poison necro for the next WT. How are they on SP /players 8 with no modes?

Gieb ideas!

This post was edited by sebhehe on Feb 7 2012 01:13pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev125262728Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll