d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Godliest Uber Trist Smiter Build > Less than 2 minute runs, no deaths/pots
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 218.94
Aug 3 2005 02:37pm
Here it is, with the most desirable / best gear.

Weapon: 70% Last Wish Phase Blade - Massive crushing blow, +might aura.. merc cant survive trist.. more life tap and fade is awesome
Nonladder players will want to look for BerBerBerBerUmShael Phase blade.

Shield: Exile Ethereal Sacred Rondache with 45 resists all (.5 more average smite damage than any other shield) Along with very low strength requirement

Armor: Enigma breast plate, base strength is our friend.. more life > less life

Helm: Kiras Guardian 70% socketted with 15% all resist 15% IAS jewel (um rune is fine if you are nonladder and using the phase blade alternative mentioned)

Belt: Verdungos hearty cord.. +40 vitality. The reason dungos is better than tgods is because the strength in tgods does NOT count toward vitality in this case as with enigma + draculs + annilus you already have enough strength to equip your heaviest item

Boots: Non up'd gore riders. Crushing blow.. + Open wounds.. very useful. Non up'd to conserve strength.

Gloves: draculs grasp, hands down. + For life tap and + for open wounds. Good alternate would be laying of hands..

Amulet: perfect maras

Rings: since we are going with kiras we do not need cannot be frozen mod from ravenfrost.. dual dwarf star rings are prefered as the +skills on bk do not make up for the magic damage reduce and fire absorb properties of dwarfs

Charms: Annilus + Pally combat gcs with life / 20 life scs / resist-life charms

Switch: CTA + Low str req paladin spirit

Stats:
Base strength
Dexterity is enough for max block with holy shield on
Vitality : everything
Energy : nothing

Skills:
20 holy shield
20 smite
20 fana
1 in prereqs
max resist lightning (for passive synergy)
rest into resist fire / cold (preference is yours)

Comments / gold donations are appreciated greatly.

You may notice there is not much resist stacking involved, you could do so if you wanted.. it isnt required though. My Nonladder smiter before I traded him off had only 10 all resists in hell BEFORE mephisto's conviction aura (and still raped them with ease)
Gold: 0.00
Aug 3 2005 10:43pm
dumbass u also didnt have a kiras which u list tongue.gif noob learn ur shit
and res with worst res possible
30 anya + 10 anni + 50 kiras + 20 maras = 105 - 75 = 35 tongue.gif
best res possible with this build
30 anya + 20 anni + 85 kiras (15/15) + 30 maras = 165 - 75 = 90 and that doesnt include charms biggrin.gif

god ankun when shall u learn? NO DONATION FOR J00

just fyi ppl that think im a flamer im good friend with ankun and bought his scnl smiter gear off him, i just felt the need to correct him

This post was edited by hawaii on Aug 3 2005 10:46pm
Aug 3 2005 10:49pm
lol I didnt use kiras on my nl one cause I didnt wanna buy one sad.gif

my new ladder smiter uses kiras though. cause it owns.

edit:: note! my nl pally didnt have the kind of resists this build gives you. YOu will have 75 all resists in hell without fade active.

This post was edited by ifinditems on Aug 3 2005 10:51pm
Gold: 915.00
Aug 3 2005 10:59pm
This will actually work, won't it? I don't want to waste my time buying all this gear and then my smiter be a piece of shite...
Aug 3 2005 11:34pm
if you are ESCL you can feel free to open trist and watch me solo them.

the build flat out rocks them.

only way you can die is user error.
Gold: 50.21
Aug 4 2005 02:05am
Here I have already replied what are best items for smiter to kill tal trio:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=595754

T-gods > dungos. dr doesn't matter vs uber guys much and 20 more vita = 60 life. (Bo doesn't affect the life what you get from items that add vita). T-gods have +20 max lit res and lit absorb.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 100%
Aug 4 2005 02:30pm
I agree with Zephiris, with Tgods you'll have 80/80/85/75 res and a little light absorb to fight that maniac Mephisto. And more str is a little more dmg, thus more life received from life tap.

You got any suggestions on which weapon a NL pala should use? Especially one with an ED eth Exile Sacred Rondache like myself.

Weird thing is, I use the shield for mf, but found it very useful to put on my hammerdin and simply smite those bastards to death. It kinda works, although I deal low damage with my hammerdin setup. I have a Wizzy equipped with a 10res/8fhr Jewel. It works fine for me, although a Mal seems better for me. I guess Prevent Monster Heal is kinda a must for duelling these Ubers...

Aug 4 2005 08:10pm
The very tiny damage increase from tgods doesnt make up for the 20 vitality loss.

As mentioned in the first post, we already have enough strength to equip all of our gear due to annilus, enigma, and draculs. Since the extra strength doesnt help us equip anything and gives us barely any damage 20 vitality is better.

Absorb is good but in all honesty it really isnt needed.
Gold: 50.21
Aug 4 2005 11:54pm
But really 20 vita is a joke.. 60 life, it's insignificant.. Dungos are good for the 15dr, but nn dr vs uber guys.. bo doesn't affect it. Bo affects on the points what you put in vita and get life, but doesn't affect to life what you get by added vita from items. Bo affects also items that give life like 20life sc's, but doesn't affect items that give life / level like shako..

So 60life & 10fhr vs 10% more max lit res + lit abs + 20 str (10% ed) + lit dmg. I don't think there are people except you ifinditems, who think dungos > tgods when fighting uber bosses.

If mephisto gets to hit you without stacking res, you die from 1 hit. My lvl 97 hammerdin with 3k+ life (I know it's bad but empty inv), around ~20 overstacked lit res died from 1 hit from meph. I advice overstacking lit res around ~100 to play it safe.

This post was edited by Zephiris on Aug 4 2005 11:58pm
Aug 5 2005 09:23am
-.^ I'm speaking from experience.

Alot of people I know use dungos over tgods.

Mephisto does NOT kill me in one hit, as I said before (well, its more implied. I explained the 2 times I died) -100 all resists under his conviction.

There is no point in argueing it. Tgods might be good, but I prefer dungos. 10% lightning resist doesnt do much if you do not have maximum resists anyway. On top of that the minor lightning absorb from tgods isnt too great. When you already do not die from being hit what is the point in sacrificing vitality?

Also, many people I know like to swap out last wish for grief and use their smiters for pvp.. Dungos >>>>> tgods in that sense.

Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll