d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Requesting Help To Research A Bug > Read Inside For Details
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Dec 7 2011 09:46am
The ED%/+Max or Min bug on jewels <-- Needs to be re-examined
It would appear that a jewel with ED% and +whole number damage does not correctly stack damage when socketed into an item
Though recently, I suspect this may not be the case
While reading this, keep the Grief display bug in mind

Here is the bug in-game and how it would appear to be (glitching):
First of all (these glitches only occur on non-weapon items) essentially, there is no glitch with weapons. Everything functions correctly

Consider we are using a jewel with 40%ED and +15 max damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item, the ED% will only effect minimum damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item that has pre-existing ED%, the total ED% from the jewel and item, will only effect minimum damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item that has pre-existing +max, the ED% off the jewel, will only effect minimum damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item that has pre-existing +min, the ED% off the jewel, will only effect minimum damage

Consider we are using a jewel with 40%ED and +10 min(or however high it goes on magics^^
* Socket this into a non-weapon item, the ED% will only effect maximum damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item that has pre-existing ED%, the total ED% from the jewel and item, will only effect maximum damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item that has pre-existing +min, the ED% off the jewel, will only effect maximum damage
* Socket this into a non-weapon item that has pre-existing +max, the ED% off the jewel, will only effect maximum damage

Basically, if the jewel has ED% and +max, the ED% is only going to effect minimum
If the jewel has ED% and +min, the ED% is only going to effect maximum

The error occurs with double moded jewels only
The problem is when ED% and +whole number exist on the same jewel

If you were to socket a Jeweler's Dusk Shroud of Whale with 2x 40/15ias = 80%ED
and then put in 2x rare jewels that have +18 minimum damage (these jewels must not possess ED% mod)
This would result in an unglitched 30%ias - 80%ED - +36 minimum damage Jeweler's of Whale and everything would function correctly
The ED% would apply to both the minimum and maximum side of your damage equation

Now I've heard of a theory where this bug actually is only (bugging) your client-side damage display on-screen
I think the damage of double moded jewels may actually work, it's just displaying wrong
I mean Grief's damage is displayed low on-screen, when in reality it's the hardest hitting melee weapon in the game, at least in the world of 1-handers
This is worth a combined effort of a test
Because if this (glitch) is only a display problem clientside, this would evolve Zon gear style and damage output greatly

We're going to need a 60ias/160%ed jewelers
As well as a 60max/160%ed jewelers (or possibley one that grants min, w/e works)
And a barb that can take an ass beating

The point is to well test damage strings of Guided Arrows
And see if 160%ed alone can deal more damage over time than a 160%ed with +60max
In theory - if the bug is only a display glitch, the 160% +60 should deal much much more damage over time

PM me if anyone wants to help with this test
Tell me which armors you have that we can use
Or if you have a nice full DR baba with high life
Lets figure this out
Gold: 163.00
Dec 7 2011 10:37am
So the bug only affects magic jewels with ed/max ed/min?
I have a jewelers wf with 4 * 30ed/18min/9dex rares.
Not sure if this does you any good for your testing.
Will be interesting to see the outcome.
Cheers & gl.
Gold: Locked
Dec 7 2011 10:38am
i have some ias/max armors but i dont think it would have any use in your research. keep me posted with results tho
Gold: 2,612.00
Dec 7 2011 10:54am
Would be easier to test it in open bnet.
Dec 7 2011 11:00am
Quote (Dorieus @ Dec 7 2011 12:54pm)
Would be easier to test it in open bnet.

I'm far too afraid to download shit that may have a keylogger
Not fucking around with such methods, honestly

Would love to do it though
Gold: 1,145.00
Dec 7 2011 11:01am
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ 7 Dec 2011 18:00)
I'm far too afraid to download shit that may have a keylogger
Not fucking around with such methods, honestly

Would love to do it though

If you need items to test and are afreaid, just tell me which items and which stats you want... I have a 100% virus/keylogger-free tool to create items for those testing pusposes installed anyway, so I might as well create some items and drop them in your games :)
Gold: 50.00
Dec 7 2011 11:01am
get hero editor... is free for download... just do a search :)
Gold: 575.00
Dec 7 2011 11:06am
I may try this on tcp/ip, it'll be a lot easier to keep results consistent.
Gold: 1,619.53
Dec 7 2011 11:13am
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ Dec 7 2011 04:46pm)
The point is to well test damage strings of Guided Arrows
And see if 160%ed alone can deal more damage over time than a 160%ed with +60max
In theory - if the bug is only a display glitch, the 160% +60 should deal much much more damage over time

PM me if anyone wants to help with this test
Tell me which armors you have that we can use
Or if you have a nice full DR baba with high life
Lets figure this out

Rele if you are testing it, just try and test it right - nn testing it getting wrong results then posting something which isn't true as fact :P

Using guided arrow is good sure ( as it always hits ), but make sure u dont use it on your normal ama that has critical strike..

And dont get a high DR barb.. high life sure, but just make it a bvc with 0 DR, the more damage there is, the more noticeable the damage difference should be.

Also use a bow with relatively consistent damage ( altho iirc u already use diamond bow ) and dont use 3 max dmg scs in inven.... they will add more variance.

And if what your saying is correct, I dont think +60 damage will be THAT significant an increase that you should be able to see it easily. Imo make a plain diamond bow on tc/ip and use 1 point guided arrow build, here the +60 max damage should really make a difference.

This post was edited by Jeebus666 on Dec 7 2011 11:18am
Dec 7 2011 11:29am
Quote (Jeebus666 @ Dec 7 2011 01:13pm)
Rele if you are testing it, just try and test it right - nn testing it getting wrong results then posting something which isn't true as fact :P

Using guided arrow is good sure ( as it always hits ), but make sure u dont use it on your normal ama that has critical strike..

And dont get a high DR barb.. high life sure, but just make it a bvc with 0 DR, the more damage there is, the more noticeable the damage difference should be.

Also use a bow with relatively consistent damage ( altho iirc u already use diamond bow ) and dont use 3 max dmg scs in inven.... they will add more variance.

And if what your saying is correct, I dont think +60 damage will be THAT significant an increase that you should be able to see it easily. Imo make a plain diamond bow on tc/ip and use 1 point guided arrow build, here the +60 max damage should really make a difference.

It's about Diamon high minimum
If you're minimum equation catches the maximum equation, the +min damage actually adds to both

So essentialy, a +72 min armor would catch the Diamonds very close min/max which is already comparable to a GMB and begin adding +18 min mods to both min and max
This would easily exploit the weaponry and make a Diamond hit twice as hard as GMB any day of the week

That's if this works that is.... we'll see
I may do the hero editor on a different harddrive
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll