d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Drizzle's Leaper Goldfind Barbarian > Observe !?!
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Feb 8 2007 09:01am
this guide is the pwnage !

i made that fb ww barb, THAT SUX!

so i muled items, and made this, dont have full in natural resistance, tho i have full polearm mastery.. .GG!

but anyway ITS PWNZ AND I DIDNT DIE YET!

THUMBS UP!
Gold: 0.00
Feb 8 2007 12:14pm
Quote (artexx @ Tue, Feb 6 2007, 03:29am)
nice m8

Nice guide bro smile.gif
Gold: 61.00
Feb 14 2007 04:41am
by far the best gf barb guide as of now

question though:

1. I noticed that with ali babas I tend to get a lot of unnecessary magic items, so are 6 x lem'd CS better in anyone's opinion(s)?
Gold: 8,925.38
Feb 14 2007 05:12am
ok, nice guide, did not make your build but i have made my own.

1) I have 1595% gf by my guide standards, but, i have 1625% gf.
2) I do all the killing (and faster than most) in 1-3 mins Trav including immune phys
3) I can do alot of different areas as well instead of basic trav.
4) My mf is only 169% (chance guards, Goldwrap and lvl89 enigma) but manage to find very nice items.
5) Find Item % is only 42% chance, but even this is more than sufficient. icon_pointl.gif Note: only 4 base points
6) With my items I have max resistences. icon_pointl.gif Note: only 1 base point.
7) i do not use Leap, meaning i have more points to use for killing.

with all the things that I have mentioned above, what does this guide have to offer compared to other GF guides?
1) more gold find?
2) more mf?

I am not rubbishing your guide, it is good for what it is built for, basically I like to do more areas than just Trav Cookie Cutter
Goldfind Barbs.
Feb 14 2007 06:07am
Quote (jmfia @ Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:41am)
by far the best gf barb guide as of now

I retract that statement b/c I looked at ZxB's guide and noticed it was pretty boss too

Quote (jmfia @ Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:41am)
1. I noticed that with ali babas I tend to get a lot of unnecessary magic items, so are 6 x lem'd CS better in anyone's opinion(s)?

I'm going to go over my question in more detail:

It's obvious that 6 x lem'd CSs will have greater +gold/find item ratios than ali baba's because of a 50-70 GF difference (450gf for CS and 399gf for 2x lem'd baba at clvl 99). I'm just curious as to whether the mf from the babas--in any way at all--effects the frequency of gold dropping/horking as opposed to items. If this is true, I was thinking that I'd rather switch my babas for lem'd CS to prioritize gold, as the prescence of mf would have an adverse effect on the GF itself.

Any thoughts?

This post was edited by jmfia on Feb 14 2007 06:12am
Feb 15 2007 07:21am
Hmmm...

I just noticed that sometimes when the council members are killed, they drop up to 3-4 items (sometimes its all gold, gold/items mixed, all items). If I'm right, I'm guessing that lem'd crystals swords could make the drops more in favor of gold. I could test it out myself but I don't have said CSs. I will when I get them or, someone with both babas and said CSs could test it out.

EDIT: Yes, I have too much time on my hands

This post was edited by jmfia on Feb 15 2007 07:22am
Gold: 5.10
Feb 15 2007 07:45am
Quote (jmfia @ Thu, Feb 15 2007, 01:21pm)
Hmmm...

I just noticed that sometimes when the council members are killed, they drop up to 3-4 items (sometimes its all gold, gold/items mixed, all items). If I'm right, I'm guessing that lem'd crystals swords could make the drops more in favor of gold. I could test it out myself but I don't have said CSs. I will when I get them or, someone with both babas and said CSs could test it out.

I would say that 6*lem swords are better wink.gif
Feb 15 2007 08:04am
Quote (jmfia @ Fri, Feb 16 2007, 02:21am)
Hmmm...

Mf % interrupts your gold find.
Basically you will always Find 1 item on the Actual Council Members, as for the minor council members, they drop all random (gold or items).
Lem'd Crystals are the way to go for more Gold %.

Basically (just my opinion with mf barbs from .08-.10) it is best to have a ww sword barb and up the Ali Baba's, or a Frenzy Barb with upped Ali's, for killing mfbarbs, so since gf barbs are using them, then why not utilise the dmg and dex from the ali' babas?
Feb 15 2007 08:39am
some fast replies biggrin.gif

I need lem'd crystals swords now >_<

for me, the merc does the job by himself fine with the exception of two things:

1. A unique council member is immune to physical attacks (in which case I have a ebotdz + ral'd SS on the switch) so I have to use berzerk.

2. A unique council members has a conviction aura with another having charged bolt on strike (more like aggravation--fu**er hates me leaping) or both, making them tough to resist--in which case I have to switch the merc's armor from an eth-wealth to an eth-CoH
Feb 15 2007 09:03am
<DIV class=quote1>Quote (jmfia @ Fri, Feb 16 2007, 03:39am)</DIV>
<DIV class=quote2><!--QuoteEBegin-->some fast replies biggrin.gif

I need lem'd crystals swords now >_<

for me, the merc does the job by himself fine with the exception of two things:

1. A unique council member is immune to physical attacks (in which case I have a ebotdz + ral'd SS on the switch) so I have to use berzerk.

2. A unique council members has a conviction aura with another having charged bolt on strike (more like aggravation--fu**er hates me leaping) or both, making them tough to resist--in which case I have to switch the merc's armor from an eth-wealth to an eth-CoH[/QUOTE]

Sorry no lem'd Crystals here, some1 wil possibly respond, lol.
1) if the immune phys is last one standing, just make another game or get a decrep wand for casting so that the merc can kill.
2) do not rush in, draw the council members out (stand by pool and run back to draw em) that way you can get your merc to kill the Conviction Aura member last, or first if he rushes out (note: decrep works well here too)

Another suggestion is to use "Slow Missiles" this works wonders on the Hydra's (charged items)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 15 2007 09:05am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll