d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Throw Barb Advice Plz > Ias Break Points And Gear
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2011 09:58pm
iso awsner on this.....

.......with my two lacertator axes, and usin double thro, i only need 35 ias to make 5fpa (frames per attake)with 5 attakes a second. and 70 ias to make 4.5 fpa(frames per attake) and 5.5 attakes per second.

now with my gear ( 40/15 arrets helm.20 ias gloves. dungos belt) i makes 35 ias to make the 5fpa breakpoint.... is it worth it to sacrafice my Arrets helm(40-15) jewel. for a 30s circ (with frw fhr mods) with 3*40-15 jewels and my dungos belt for nosferatus (10 ias) to make 75 ias total( still usin the 20ias gloves..) for 4.5 fpa and 5.5 attakes per second?

or would tht just make me a plain glass cannon.. plz lmk.

or would it be better to use a differnt helm all together like, andys..coa...sumthin like tht

usin fort as armor, adds about 4k dmg so ima keep tht instead a 60/60 or 120/60 armor

also btw, this chr is PVP.

This post was edited by ManifestingInside on Oct 16 2011 09:59pm
Oct 16 2011 10:10pm
uh
Warn: 70%
Oct 16 2011 10:25pm
aim for the 140ias lol. You will desynch every throw you do.

Stack up on deadly strike and open wounds. Warshrike gives 50%ds but its not an axe so you lose on the mastery for it. But both together isnt a bad combo.

Down side to hitting 4frames is you run out of ammo real fast and since they are eth replen mod you get to wait like a clown lol.

check this out>>>> http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=35201018&f=87 the brawler for pvp
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 16 2011 10:31pm
if you're primarily throwing instead of a brawler (bad idea to start with, but still works)
then its important to range glitch with a secondary harpoon instead of a second lacerator

you'll have less damage output consistency overall- only half the chance to cast amp damage, but more damage on your second side
but more importantly, you'll have twice the throwing range- in general, and especially if you're not WW secondary, this is dead necessary

the key to glitching is to put your lacerator or otherwise short ranged weapon on gloveside, and rare harpoon on bootside
Then you need to get enough %ias to hit the very specific breakpoint- either 5.5 or 5 FPA I believe, and its even possible that too much %ias could undo it, never really tested
the % ias on your bootside weapon does not do anything at all. Its base weapon type still factors in however, so winged harpoons are generally a want, but its possible with slower weaps- 0% winged harps works great

Then you should make sure you've got the str and/or dex glitch on *both* your throwing weapons, in order to throw invisible on their screen. This won't impact the serverside glitch, but is immensely helpful for invisible projectiles.

If you do it right, you should be wearing an axe and harpoon, yet throw 2x harpoons that both travel full range (not just a display glitch- both actually damage & amp at long range), but only on your own screen, and on everyone elses screen it is totally invisible.
Oh and for PvP, honestly, even if you're not a bvc/brawler, enigma is still the only way to go. You'll wind up like a fireball sorc in gameplay, but could you imagine playing a non-tele fb sorc?

My way of hitting the BP was by using 1x 15/15 and 1x ber in a CoA, with highlords. 5 FPA was enough to glitch, so I don't think 4.5 FPA is worth it.
Oct 16 2011 10:42pm
very important to build this char on hero editor before you do it, to figure everything out, imo

I was a bit curious since I never tested this extensively, but I can triple-check confirm that the range glitch for d-throw is *NOT* just a display glitch
I did a setup with an eth lacerator & white normal winged harpoons with 35% oias, trapped mephisto in a moat, and threw at him
With just 1 handed throw using only lacerator, the axes fell way short of him and he took 0 damage and never proc'd an amp or whatever. With 155000 AR to make sure I didn't miss
With double throw, I proc'd amp on him from the exact same position many times, and dealt a good chunk of damage

So just to confirm again- its not a display glitch, its the real deal. The invisbility thing is a display glitch, but its a display glitch on other people's computers using sync, so thats also a 'real deal' (unlike a display glitch on your comp only)
Oct 16 2011 10:51pm
question at goom, so wht ur saying, for a dummy for my to understand, is tht my attake will have more range and still be invisible?and when u said bad idea to start with but still werks, were u talkin about the brawler being a bad idea or pure d-thrower, also thank u so much for advice, u opened my eyes lol i cnt wait to do this barb up

This post was edited by ManifestingInside on Oct 16 2011 10:59pm
Oct 16 2011 10:53pm
Quote (funkynoc1 @ Oct 17 2011 12:25am)
aim for the 140ias lol. You will desynch every throw you do.

Stack up on deadly strike and open wounds. Warshrike gives 50%ds but its not an axe so you lose on the mastery for it. But both together isnt a bad combo.

Down side to hitting 4frames is you run out of ammo real fast and since they are eth replen mod you get to wait like a clown lol.

check this out>>>> http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=35201018&f=87 the brawler for pvp

i like this guid, but am i able to ditch the angelics? 22k with em, and with frost i have about, 12-14k ar, in pvp i believe id never hit anyone?,, never mind i forgot the ar on double thro dnt even werk as explained in guide, ty for link

This post was edited by ManifestingInside on Oct 16 2011 10:56pm
Oct 16 2011 11:40pm
a thrower is underpowered in general- a brawler is just a stronger thrower (and a stronger bvc), because of the fact it is both- a hybrid.
But yes, if you do both glitches, your attacks will have twice the range and be invisible on their screen.

Makes your axe throw at harpoon range, you'll see 2x harpoons, but they'll see nothing

Quote (ManifestingInside @ Oct 16 2011 10:53pm)
i like this guid, but am i able to ditch the angelics? 22k with em, and with frost i have about, 12-14k ar, in pvp i believe id never hit anyone?,, never mind i forgot the ar on double thro dnt even werk as explained in guide, ty for link

after much testing, the +% ar on double throw does work
its actually the only projectile skill with +% ar that actually works in d2- every other attack like magic arrow, cold arrow, plague javelin- doesn't give any bonus %ar
but double throws actually does work after all.

Not that you'd want more than 1 point in it unless you're a pure thrower, but for a pure thrower, go nuts

20 double throw
20 throw mastery
20 double swing
20 battle disorder
1 point all the other useful skills
rest leap
Warn: 70%
Oct 16 2011 11:44pm
lol i could have said double throw works. I maxed it out on my pure thrower. Didnt even know of this guide when i made my thrower. I basicaly had 2 sets of weapons. 2x lacs and 2x shrikes lol with last ias cap id run out fast.
Oct 16 2011 11:50pm
well its an interesting glitch because the same faulty code doesn't work on any other throwing skill, but they fixed it for double throw and double throw only
one of the nice things about a brawler is that I basically never ran out of ammo. Only when I was messing around trying to annoy people with invisible attacks really
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll