d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1224225226227228340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23,685.49
Mar 22 2017 06:00am
I will say it again the coaching on this team is horrendous. Hakstol doesn't ever seem to game plan for the team we are playing, but coaches his team whatever way he wants to. You need to adapt in the NHL to who you are playing. There is no way we should have lost a game to a goalie who hasn't played in 2 months and to a team missing 5 defenseman. To score 1 goal after that game I would be very tempted to fire his ass right now. He is way over his head in this league. They need to move on now before he wastes anymore time and talent on this team.

Giroux is not in his prime anymore. He is trending downward. The only way to fix this is to sign or trade for a better proven playmaker. He needs help and cannot do this by himself anymore. IMO they should focus strongly in the off season on getting a talented winger to play with him and rely on their drafting/prospects on defense to step up and make this team better. If the defenseman they drafted are still not ready for the NHL next year then they drafted poorly.

Gold: 6,062.79
Mar 22 2017 09:41am
I agree haxstol needs to go
Gold: 10,995.01
Mar 22 2017 09:56am
Quote (CooLSmuRFeR24 @ Mar 22 2017 08:00am)
I will say it again the coaching on this team is horrendous. Hakstol doesn't ever seem to game plan for the team we are playing, but coaches his team whatever way he wants to. You need to adapt in the NHL to who you are playing. There is no way we should have lost a game to a goalie who hasn't played in 2 months and to a team missing 5 defenseman. To score 1 goal after that game I would be very tempted to fire his ass right now. He is way over his head in this league. They need to move on now before he wastes anymore time and talent on this team.

Giroux is not in his prime anymore. He is trending downward. The only way to fix this is to sign or trade for a better proven playmaker. He needs help and cannot do this by himself anymore. IMO they should focus strongly in the off season on getting a talented winger to play with him and rely on their drafting/prospects on defense to step up and make this team better. If the defenseman they drafted are still not ready for the NHL next year then they drafted poorly.

if there not ready for the nhl next season they drafted poorly? lol this isnt nhl 17 where every 1st round draft pick turns into an allstar in 3 seasons
but honestly morin looked ready from what i saw in preseason this year and last year hagg was said to be ready by guys like bob mackenzie and shit
myers in preseason and wjc and shit looked really good in preseason him and provorov looked equally good imo

those 3 guys all have a shot at making the roster imo and sanheim sounds like hes coming along pretty good but could maybe use another year or so

i kind of agree on hakstol but idk he doesnt have the best roster couts as a 2c wasnt working and he had to use him as such til the deadline
personally what bugs me about hak is his decision making like starting neuvirth vs the leafs a week or so back

arguably one of the most important games down the stretch and he s tarts the backup that hasnt played like 5 games in the middle of a mason hot streak
it cost us the game and hes done that shit all season idk wtf it is but hakstol has some homo love for neuvy or something

if neuvirth is playing pretty hot he gets starts until he sucks for like 3 games
masons playing hot neuvirth gets a start in between to get a chance to throw him off or something i dont get it

like neuvy starting vs the leafs that just urks me i feel like hakstol threw that game knowing it was one of the most important games down the stretch
but i say give him 1 more season because next season we got the young guys coming up to replace schultz/delzotto we have filp for a 2c etc etc

This post was edited by dragoneth on Mar 22 2017 10:05am
Gold: 23,685.49
Mar 22 2017 03:47pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Mar 22 2017 11:56am)
if there not ready for the nhl next season they drafted poorly? lol this isnt nhl 17 where every 1st round draft pick turns into an allstar in 3 seasons
but honestly morin looked ready from what i saw in preseason this year and last year hagg was said to be ready by guys like bob mackenzie and shit
myers in preseason and wjc and shit looked really good in preseason him and provorov looked equally good imo

those 3 guys all have a shot at making the roster imo and sanheim sounds like hes coming along pretty good but could maybe use another year or so

i kind of agree on hakstol but idk he doesnt have the best roster couts as a 2c wasnt working and he had to use him as such til the deadline
personally what bugs me about hak is his decision making like starting neuvirth vs the leafs a week or so back

arguably one of the most important games down the stretch and he s tarts the backup that hasnt played like 5 games in the middle of a mason hot streak
it cost us the game and hes done that shit all season idk wtf it is but hakstol has some homo love for neuvy or something

if neuvirth is playing pretty hot he gets starts until he sucks for like 3 games
masons playing hot neuvirth gets a start in between to get a chance to throw him off or something i dont get it

like neuvy starting vs the leafs that just urks me i feel like hakstol threw that game knowing it was one of the most important games down the stretch
but i say give him 1 more season because next season we got the young guys coming up to replace schultz/delzotto we have filp for a 2c etc etc

I don't know the free agent class or coaches that will be available, but if a proven winning coach becomes available I'm firing him. He's been garbage. The system sucks. The way he handles players sucks. Schenn didn't even know he was getting benched one game. He didn't even tell him lol...his solution to everything is let's change all the lines and cross our fingers. The fact that nick cousins is out of the lineup for guys like vandevelde, weise, and read tell you all you need to know about his evaluation of players.

Also there is a fucking reason we are the worst team in the NHL in the first periods of games besides the avs. THE PREPARATION SUCKS. Our team is disinterested the first half of games.

You combine his lack of ability to fucking coach players up with the cesspool of talent on this team and this is what you have. You can't say one player on this team has gotten better since last year. IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN THE COACHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!!

Last post about this bullshit. I'm sick of Philly teams in general, but this team infuriates me. No playoffs in any of the sports again...lovely
Mar 22 2017 05:36pm
Quote (CooLSmuRFeR24 @ Mar 22 2017 05:47pm)
I don't know the free agent class or coaches that will be available, but if a proven winning coach becomes available I'm firing him. He's been garbage. The system sucks. The way he handles players sucks. Schenn didn't even know he was getting benched one game. He didn't even tell him lol...his solution to everything is let's change all the lines and cross our fingers. The fact that nick cousins is out of the lineup for guys like vandevelde, weise, and read tell you all you need to know about his evaluation of players.

Also there is a fucking reason we are the worst team in the NHL in the first periods of games besides the avs. THE PREPARATION SUCKS. Our team is disinterested the first half of games.

You combine his lack of ability to fucking coach players up with the cesspool of talent on this team and this is what you have. You can't say one player on this team has gotten better since last year. IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN THE COACHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!!

Last post about this bullshit. I'm sick of Philly teams in general, but this team infuriates me. No playoffs in any of the sports again...lovely

a lot of us being the worst 1st period team has to do ith our goalies being crazy inconsistent
the system sucks? how can you tell hes got an average roster running it
maybe if thers a proven coach we can get sure but i feel like next season with a better roster and time he can make us a playoff team again

i mean filppula all season as a 2c would likely helped a ton instead of using couts with his lack of production
but then again schenn prefers center and would likely be a good 2c but then we got like no 2nd line wingers to play him with then
put yourself in hakstols shoes who would you play with who? theres no real good line combos that work for all the lines

i dont like how he scratches people but he sees them on a daily basis pretty much if he feels they arent playing to full potential why not encourage them
and lets be real we can bring in the best coach ever... doesnt gurantee shit we have had good coaches that we fired and go on to do great for other teams

This post was edited by dragoneth on Mar 22 2017 05:38pm
Mar 25 2017 04:17pm
missed the game today but saw highlights looked like we had lots of high qualitychances but couldnt cash
and then the cbj goal was a terrile giveaway by macdonald :(
Mar 26 2017 07:44pm
mandatory fuck yeah we stomped the pens post
Apr 1 2017 10:33pm
so what happen with neuvy? wonder if its dehydration like pavelec few years back
but how about stolarz though guy looks nhl ready 5gp 1.42 gaa .951 sv% and technically 2 shut outs great ahl stats

also we signed some college FA who seems to be decent 60 pointish player in ncaa
to judge how good he can be matt read was like a 40 pt player in ncaa and jimmy vesey for the rangers was a 60 pointish ncaa player

guy could be a decent pick up for our bottom 6
https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-sign-f-mike-vecchione-to-entry-level-contract--philadelphia-flyers/c-288284730

This season, he recorded 29 goals and 34 assists for 63 points, all of which are new career highs to lead his team, and finished tied for first among all NCAA Players.

His 29 goals led all ECAC players and ranked second among all NCAA players.

He is one of three finalists for the 2017 Hobey Baker Award as top collegiate player… He was named the ECAC Player of the Year was named ECAC Hockey All-Academic Team for three straight seasons.

He led the NCAA with 21 multiple point games and seven game-winning goals.

Through four seasons at Union College, Vecchione recorded 71 goals and 105 assists for 176 points in 149 games and is the all-time leading scorer for Union… He served as team captain in his final two seasons.

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 1 2017 10:42pm
Gold: 6,062.79
Apr 2 2017 01:55am
yea sounds like nuvy was dehydrated, was working listening on the radio and everything just stopped saunders was like "and nuvy is on the ground on his back!"

crazy, scary scene seems he'll be good gudas relayed to one of the reporters that "hes fine"
stolly is looking sharp man, nothing better i like seeing then an up and coming goalie, just work on protecting him in front of the net and we will be golden
Apr 2 2017 04:23am
Quote (jackzors @ Apr 2 2017 03:55am)
yea sounds like nuvy was dehydrated, was working listening on the radio and everything just stopped saunders was like "and nuvy is on the ground on his back!"

crazy, scary scene seems he'll be good gudas relayed to one of the reporters that "hes fine"
stolly is looking sharp man, nothing better i like seeing then an up and coming goalie, just work on protecting him in front of the net and we will be golden

just watched the highlights yeah he looked on point
and giroux had sop many chances how did he not score... on the devils net at least :lol:
weal 4 games in a row with a goal thx vinny :thumbsup:

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 2 2017 04:24am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1224225226227228340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll